changes again on homepage, what do u think?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alupha

Gemz...z.z.z...(drools)
I think overall it's good...It's very user friendly. Like the gift finder and separate collections. And I like them picking up the trend in fashion with purple section.

Except that the boxes are a bit...hardselling for rings, and the gift finder? Two big boxes for rings and one big box for earrings. Link at the top and one small box and one big box for gift finder. What about bracelets and necklaces? They are main products too, least to mention watches, cufflinks and the money clips. And why does the bridal botique have nearly ALL the necklaces, pendants and bracelets in CR = = Think they should be more choosy for that category.

Now comes to the bit that I really don't like...the Celeb Style? I really, really don't enjoy this part. It is not that I don't like Madonna or Mariah Carey. But I think Rocks is more than going after or being worn by celebs to become a fashion symbol. I think Rocks is a style itself. They mentioned that their designs are inspired by nature, flowers, leaves, and so on. I don't enjoy being mentioned as Madonna or Carey style just because I like jewelry from that pick on Rocks. It may just be my own bias that I don't like celebs giving those thin, good figure and funky clothes and loud looks that makes people being compared to or looked down on, as I had been one of the object of being put against such "MODELS of women" and sneered at.

I don't know why Rocks have to do that, I think they style pretty well without needing the help of such celeb names. In my own opinion, that actually spoiled Rocks styling and designing inspiration in my mind. I like Rocks being different, I like my own pick of style, and not just being trendy with those celebs.

PS. THE PEACOCK PEARLS HOOP EARRINGS ARE EVEN IN THE LATEST DESIGNS BUT THERE IS STILL NO STOCK =(

Last edited:
Why the sad face Alupha? I can't see much different when I went in. Am I missing summat?

Wrt the RocksTV homepage........brilliant, they now tell when you a piece is sold and how much it went for. Like that a lot!

Sacha the one you are talking about is the auction homepage...I am talking about the Coloured Rocks homepage =)

Wrt the RocksTV homepage........brilliant, they now tell when you a piece is sold and how much it went for. Like that a lot!

Don't know how accurate it is Sacha - as I know for instance that the marcasite bracelet in the first hour was pulled and I also think a couple of other items on the preview site were pulled as well - they all say sold for the price at which they were pulled.

:blink

I like the changes into the different categories like that its a lot more user friendly however, my biggest bug bear with the CR website is they seem to continue to insist on photographing all the jewellery on a bright white background so half of it you can't see properly. If people happened to stumble over the CR website there would be loads of stuff they won't buy as the pics are awful...i think they should start photographing on a darker background so we can all see the beautful jewellery!!!

Don't know how accurate it is Sacha - as I know for instance that the marcasite bracelet in the first hour was pulled and I also think a couple of other items on the preview site were pulled as well - they all say sold for the price at which they were pulled.

:blink

Many thanks for that info Sara, I haven't been watching the auctions. But it seems, ummm .....misleading to say pieces have been sold at a particular price when they haven't. However its still quite useful to know whether the set pieces on the homepage have already been auctioned or not. I had seen one item at £0 and had thought that perhaps was a pulled item!

As regards the Coloured Rocks homepage, my initial impression is that it looks very cluttered........sorry!

I quite like the new homepage tbh - yes it's a bit cluttered but it has all the info you need, readily available - the New Items box is good - saves you looking through all the pages to find new items...As for the Celeb bit - it's a known fact that some people are influenced by what celebs are wearing. I don't give a toss what they wear, and neither does Alupha obviously lol! But if it's a valid marketing strategy, Rocks can't be blamed for using it..!

Good lord I've just noticed I've been promoted to Senior Member!!! ST must have found out me age lol!

Many thanks for that info Sara, I haven't been watching the auctions. But it seems, ummm .....misleading to say pieces have been sold at a particular price when they haven't. However its still quite useful to know whether the set pieces on the homepage have already been auctioned or not. I had seen one item at £0 and had thought that perhaps was a pulled item!

As regards the Coloured Rocks homepage, my initial impression is that it looks very cluttered........sorry!

The Morganite earrings (four pairs!!!!) were sold for £0! :lol :surprised

Latest posts

Back