Competition Begging

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

SheffieldOwl

Guest Shopper
I have noticed over the past few nights that people have started demanding Competitions in the chat. Am I the only person who isn't very comfortable with this?

Rocks don't have to give stuff away to us. I know they use it as a marketing tool to entice people to log on and I appreciate that everyone would love to win, but is there really any need to start typing in capital letters every 5 mins COMP TIME when people think it is about time there should be a giveaway?

I can't help thinking it is terribly rude, and feel ever so sorry for the presenters when, if they ignore the demands, they become even more prevalent.

Maybe it is just me, but it really doesn't sit well and seems very ungracious.

I have noticed over the past few nights that people have started demanding Competitions in the chat. Am I the only person who isn't very comfortable with this?

Rocks don't have to give stuff away to us. I know they use it as a marketing tool to entice people to log on and I appreciate that everyone would love to win, but is there really any need to start typing in capital letters every 5 mins COMP TIME when people think it is about time there should be a giveaway?

I can't help thinking it is terribly rude, and feel ever so sorry for the presenters when, if they ignore the demands, they become even more prevalent.

Maybe it is just me, but it really doesn't sit well and seems very ungracious.

I agree, I find it really rude !!

I agree as well sheffield owl,as you say they don't have to do it at all,just a nice little extra if you are one of the lucky ones(which I have been).

I am not agreeing just because I have won,I would watch rocks regardless.:1:

Haven't been watching much lately, my last cc bill was almost completely Rocks!!!! I do agree tho', the comps are a nice touch, and it is very rude for people to pester for one.

:doggie:

No not just you ,i find it very rude and not called for, ROCKS do not have to do it its a gesture of goodwill that i feel has now been taken for granted .. its a sales advantage to Rocks and a bonus to whoever wins ...

Last night someone started shouting for a competition barely 45 minutes after the previous one.....so rude!!!

Its the yelling to redraw all the time as well. It is actually starting to drive me a little scatty! I would love to have a big rant in the chat, but wouldn't want to stir it all up.

I agree too and I'm sure if they continue Rocks will wonder if its worth the hassle. sazza I saw you a couple of times last night reminding people they had just had one to no avail. Such a shame as it really is nice to win something.

Cleo

Hallelujah!

Thought it was just me!

It's not just the begging for competitions.

It's also the repeated requests for the items over & over when they're not done within 5 minutes of asking, although to be honest it's not asking more like demanding.

Also, telling the auctioneer to go lower on prices.

Tonight an item closed & someone wanted it & claimed she had not been able to buy it because her computer had thrown a wobbly although it was working well enough for her to ask for the price to be dropped by around £40. Between her and someone else in chat they begged for it to be shown again & at first Barry refused but they kept going on & on about it until he gave in. This was all done in capitals & had it been real life would've been extremely rude.

Then there's the ones who are just attention seekers especially when Steve is on, repeating their posts until he acknowledges them it's like a verbal version of a child waving their arm & shouting "me, me, me!"

This may make me sound heartless & I'm not but it's really depressing in chat when people start on about their illnesses or their families & friends illnesses or deaths. I come on rocks to forget about my problems not to have to hear about other peoples. Sorry.

I'll get off me soapbox & get me coat now.

I agree with all of this, I was lucky enough to win tonight which was lovely, but I get the impression from some on the chat that if you haven't been chatting or they haven't noticed that you have bid on anything they seem to resent you winning! Don't know if this is just me being sensitive or not, but I have purchased quite a few items from Rocks over the last few months, cc permitting,lol and it is a nice bonus when you get lucky like this, but to go on and on about comps in the chat gets tedious to watch!

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly, Nanpam. Saw a couple of comments made to you, and toward others who had not claimed, and was shocked at how rude it seemed.

Janey, have to say I agree with you too. I was absolutely disgusted by all that earlier on this evening. Poor Barry. I feel almost certain that the only reason Chloe agreed to open the auction again was to shut people up.

We have all missed items that we would have loved to have purchased, but most of us have the common courtesy to wait until the next time it is on, or to request the item a couple of days later, not demand and shout that the auction ought to be re openned.

It gets my goat too!

I agree too and I'm sure if they continue Rocks will wonder if its worth the hassle. sazza I saw you a couple of times last night reminding people they had just had one to no avail. Such a shame as it really is nice to win something.

Cleo

I wasn't the only one who mentioned we'd just had one but we might as well not as bothered as we were ignored. Thankfully one of the begging culprits did listen when I asked if they could switch off their caps lock!!!

D'you know what? I reckon that, like a lot of the stuff in the chat, it's just banter - not really meant seriously, and not to be taken too seriously either.

(Though I should add that I haven't been around on Rocks TV for a few days, so if it's got worse I wouldn't know.)

Latest posts

Back