same design on another channel?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mathilda

Aberdeen Shopper
Does anyone remember this pretty black and white diamond ring from RocksTV? I've just seen the self-same style shown on Rocks and Co. only set with emeralds, in place of the back diamonds.
Bit surprised to see these two competitor channels with stock obviously from the same source. :33:

P.S. don't bother to enlarge the pic... it doesn't get much bigger ! OOPS!

Attachments

• bw ring web.jpg
    bw ring web.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 227
I haven't seen that black diamond Mathilda, but this pendant I bought from Rocks is also being sold in the same design, (although set into yellow gold), on Rocks & Co. I suppose there are only so many exclusive designs they can bring us! Please excuse the terrible photo btw!

RocksRGpendant1.jpg

Oh, Melusina, don't apologise for your photo....it cheers me that I'm not the only one who struggles with these things! :10:

Conscious of legal implications, I can say that I once had a dream where the bearded proprietor of a Gem Company alleged on his presentation of a show that another Company was not only copying his Co. name but also his designs. Allegedly. :54:

I bought that pendant from QVC on the 14/5/08 in diamonique long before rocks or rocks and co.
So when i heard someone say it was a designe by sarah b i did wonder how that could be but thought maybe someone had the wronge info but its defo not exclusive!!

Ive noticed a few similar designs on other channel that i thought were unique to rocks.tv my tanzy/rubellite design is set on another channel with ambygolitte {spelt wrong} so not as unique as i thought .... 712344

Last edited:
Going off the subject a bit i noticed with my delivery Tuesday that some of my authenticity cards dont have how many there is in that designe batch or what the number your piece is stamped on the card i was wondering if this is deliberate so they can make more if a design if it becomes becomes popular which wil make things far less exclusive what are your thoughts on this.

Going off the subject a bit i noticed with my delivery Tuesday that some of my authenticity cards dont have how many there is in that designe batch or what the number your piece is stamped on the card i was wondering if this is deliberate so they can make more if a design if it becomes becomes popular which wil make things far less exclusive what are your thoughts on this.

I just checked the items I got yesterday and the "piece" section is blank on all the cards. I would suspect this is due to the fact the newer little grey tags don't have the "1 of 100" etc... on them now.

hmmm, it would appear that 'unique' & 'exclusive' obviously mean very different things in the shopping tv world :55: :33:

makes me feel like i don't want to believe ANYTHING they say, slightly extreme, but i'm sure you get my drift! :23:

I'm not sure about the exclusivity either, I've seen the double flower pendant and ring elsewhere.

Well get this then, my beautiful black onyx and marcasite ring was for sale today in WARREN JAMES! and it is exactley the same! my cards have 1 of x amount of pieces, it was for sale at £27:11: mine was £10

Most jewellery from the outlets you've mentioned above is made in Thailand and therefore won't be exclusive. It may be exclusive in that the gemstone is different (but that's really stretching the word "exclusive" if you ask me!).

designs

Hi everyone

hope you are all well and looking forward to xmas.

Re designs, although we design most of our pieces in house, ocassionally if one of our partners has a design that they own the rights too and feel it fits with our range they will demonstrate it too us. If we feel it is right for us and the price is right, we will add it to our collection. Hence occassionally you may find certain pieces similar to others.

Also, as we try to produce many designs each month, we do take insiration from others and some designs will therefore appear similar.

Hope this explains everything and appologies for the speling!

best wishes

Steve

Latest posts

Back