It Works! Cleaning Blocks & Extendable Wand TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

clemenzina

Registered Shopper
Watching my recording of the midnght show in the wee small hours, I remembered that I had bought some of the cleaning blocks, JML ones, in Woolworths ages ago. I couldn't find the pack, but I did find a tiny piece I'd cut off and used on summat... so here's the tale:

I was asking on here a month or two ago about Feem, because I've got ingrained grease on some of my kitchen units. A couple of days ago I had a concerted effort with a kitchen spray cleaner (maybe Mr Muscle?) and it didn't work. So last night I got this piece of It Works! and squeezed it out in cold water, and rub-a-dub-dub, IT WORKS! All the grease came off :eek: I did an area beside the cooker hood about 9"x6" and two six-inch square white tiles behind the hob, all with this second-hand 1.5"x0.75" piece of foam. If you haven't used it so don't know, it kinda crumbles eventually and falls to bits, but whilst you've got a whole piece left you can rinse it out and reuse.

I'm thinking that I can't see the extendable wand working very well, I'd have thought it wouldn't hold the foam pad firmly enough for you to give it the required welly - say for doing walls... may be OK for shower doors with a smooth surface? They did baths and sinks in the demo, with the wand, I can't see it working well on curvy surfaces.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know that something QVC sells does work :)

clemenzina

I agree, I bought some blocks a while ago and they clean anything from work surfaces to mirrors, kitchen sinks and showers. What I like is that no effort is required just wet a piece with water and wipe - job done! :D

Would these work on the dried baked on, unable to shift, mess on the top of an enamelled oven hob please?

Thanks.

Do they work well on dirty tile grouting? Do you need to use a lot of welly, or would I be able to clean my bathroom tiles relatively easily?

Thanks

Linda

I bought a packet of what basically appeared to be the same thing - "Duzzit sponge Eraser" for a pound last saturday and I've been amazed.

Hi Evangel, this sounds very interestintg! Where did you buy them from? TIA

We have a "Farm shop" near by.....Not what I'd call a farm shop really, but what can you expect in greater london. However turns out it is owned by farmers...sells their potatoes at least...They buy end of line stuff and things like that. I noticed they had some other Duzzit product like antibacterial wipes. Just tried looking it up and the only place I could see selling them was on ebay at twice that price!

We have a "Farm shop" near by.....Not what I'd call a farm shop really, but what can you expect in greater london. However turns out it is owned by farmers...sells their potatoes at least...They buy end of line stuff and things like that. I noticed they had some other Duzzit product like antibacterial wipes. Just tried looking it up and the only place I could see selling them was on ebay at twice that price!

Cheers Evangel! Even at twice what you paid for your sponge it seems a good deal. I'll have a look on ebay!:)

Aha Just found them mentioned under poundland!

http://www.poundlandblog.co.uk/?p=234

Already bought some more as I find many cleaning products make me a little weezy. I bought a steam cleaner from aldi but I just never seem to get it out...Bought the Vax mop from QVC but the handle wasn't joined together properly and it had to go back twice. So I'm very pleased with these....

Made by a company called 151

http://www.151.co.uk/news.php?newsid=25

http://www.151.co.uk/allbrands.php

Don't know how they compare to the ones on QVC, but I thought I'd try them because I'd seen the ones on qVC and they looked good...thougth I'd try them out and then maybe get the QVC ones if they were better value. Got home cut a piece off (like I saw on QVC) was pleased with result then checked out the QVC price....needless to say I picked up the extra ones when I went back later...

Just measured them they are approx 11x2.5x6, so about the same size as the medium blocks on qvc

Last edited:
Its good to hear these actually work as I have ordered the TSV.I am hoping they will work wonders on the tiles around the cooker and also the grounting in my shower cubicle:D
I also ordered the stain remover as that looked impressive too....I them
forced myself to go to bed before I was temted with anything else;)

Those things are good. My hairdresser gave me one, and I bought some in Morrisons. I think they are a sponge made of melamine, I recall reading that somewhere. You wouldn't think a sponge + water could clean so well, but it's amazing how well it works.

I bought some of the cheap ones out of Poundland (or similar) but they were not as effective as the IT Works ones.

Its good to hear these actually work as I have ordered the TSV.I am hoping they will work wonders on the tiles around the cooker and also the grounting in my shower cubicle:D
I also ordered the stain remover as that looked impressive too....I them
forced myself to go to bed before I was temted with anything else;)

I prefer to call them It Shreds! They work brilliantly on tile grouting, so well in fact that you want to do all the tile grouting! Also good for doing alloy wheels on cars (But not on paintwork) . My personal favourite is to use them on electronic gadgets especially cleaning up dust on printed circuit boards.

Latest posts

Back