Delivery chaos !!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rebeccab

kunzite convert
I ordered a Apatite pendant on monday and have just received an email to say it has been dispatched!!! So does this mean I wont receive the item until one day next week? . Why did they change delivery companies, if it had been CL I would have had my pendant by Thursday, in time for my mums birthday tomorrow. I am not a happy bunny :mad:, has anyone else had any problems like this ?

OH ordered a ring for himself last Sunday, as of yesterday late it had not been sent out...I have now cancelled the order!:mad: In their email they sent about new delivery system, they said changes were to benefit the customer....I think NOT!!!

Last edited:
I have received my order but I had to pay for the premium service £6.95 as the standard delivery I was told by customer services doesn't give you a specific delivery day - can be delivered any day between 3-5 days after order placed premium service they tell you the day which items will be delivered said it is a better service they are offering, but sounds the same as city link only paying a £1 extra :confused:

ohh rebecca i feel sorry for you but i think it was bound to happen sometime what with fuel costs going up and that so this is how they are dealing with it by taking it out on the customers which is not fair

My mums made up, shes getting 2 presents now lol, but i agree SCW, its not fair taking the price hikes out on the customers, hmm think i shall be climbing on the wagon for a bit now, (much to the delight of the OH) lol

:(I've just spoken to my Mum, she ordered on Saturday, and the email came yesterday to say it was on it's way, but no sign of it so far!

It's pretty poor service, if you ask me. I have never had any problems with the City Link service, as I had the items delivered to work, but this new systems sounds appaulling.

I ordered last Saturday and expected delivery on Wednesday but it didn't arrive until today. I didn't have to sign for the package it was just put through the letterbox which to be honest was great as it means I won't have to chase around trying to get my order in future when I'm at work.

To be fair though, a lot of delivery companies have had to put their charges up due to fuel costs. For all we know Citylink probably are the same so Gems have shopped around to get the best deal for us. After all, food etc has all gone up in price for the same reason.

Obviously price increases have to be offset somewhere - that's business. I personally would rather pay the same and wait an extra day or two or pay £1 more to have the day specified rather than have the price of the jewellery going up! Although I do think we are all spoilt with the cheap prices we are used to paying for our bling and have come to take it for granted. Just remember - if Gems TV wasn't there we wouldn't be able to get half the gems on the High Street and I for one would never be able to afford High Street prices!

OMG - Am I getting soft in my old age!!
:Faint:

I know what you mean klos, i wouldnt mind paying the extra if it meant i had delivery time the same as CL, i think im just annoyed because the time between order and delivery has increased so much I hated waiting 3 days now the suspense is killing me lol,

As for going soft, it happens to us all unfortunately lol :)

Sounds a bit grim to me. The stated delivery date was one of the plus features of Gems and I never had any problems with CL in the small handful of deliveries I had. :p I haven't ordered since the change but would definitely go for the extra £1.

I know it's nothing to do with Gems but my CL man used to deliver at 8ish as he knew I did the school run but a new company will give me lots of problems. Another reason not to order in my case I'm afraid.

I have never had any problems with the City Link service as I had the items delivered to work, but this new systems sounds appaulling.

Me neither..... nor the majority of us
wait.gif

I looked forward to my CL man arriving ..... I could almost set my clock by him too BC
time.gif

He was such a cheerful chatty little chappy .... he'd talk about such interesting topics
blahblah-1.gif

...... the weather, the traffic on route today, the price of petrol, state of the country, kids, mother-in-law
gaap02.gif

DIY he'd done at the weekend, interesting places he & his wife had visited on their latest holiday
0005.gif

But I will miss him & his liability ... I mean reliability
hetstinkthier.gif

......... I didn't have to sign for the package it was just put through the letterbox which to be honest was great

Blimey Klos you must have a really BIG box!
oops4.gif

BTW we blame you for the change of couriers after your 'Sh*ttylink' thread!
nopoints.gif
thKickInTheButt-1.gif

Laughingsohardhandoverface.gif

Last edited:
I wouldn't relish the idea of something being shoved through my box either. Amber eats enough of the post as it is without having to search the garden for sparkly things IYKWIM.
smiling_dog.gif
Could lead to some interesting comments on the returns slip?
poo.gif

Blimey Klos you must have a really BIG box!
oops4.gif

BTW we blame you for the change of couriers after your 'Sh*ttylink' thread!

:notfairsign: You lot all had nice, happy delivery men. The one I got was a lazy sod who wouldn't even get out his van to deliver to a neighbour!!
:Rage:

Oh well I suppose :Sorry Sign:

I wouldn't relish the idea of something being shoved through my box either. Amber eats enough of the post as it is without having to search the garden for sparkly things IYKWIM.
smiling_dog.gif
Could lead to some interesting comments on the returns slip?
poo.gif

BC it was really lucky my Charlie didn't get to the letterbox before me! I have a basket on the back of the door which is supposed to catch the letters but it just gets pushed open. Charlie doesn't just eat the mail - he eats Postie's too and he's only a wee Bichon Frise!!
bichonsamp.jpg

Just had to update that the pendant finally arrived today HOORAY!! unfortunately it wasnt in a gems box but in some tatty black box, with no gems logo, also the delivery guy wasnt in a van, but in a citroen estate!!! Is this one way of getting around the fuel charges, get the delivery blokes to drive around in their own cars?! Anyway one box change and a quick wrap later it was delivered to mum who loved it and is now looking for matching earrings and ring, however order from gems again , me thinks not:mad: anyone know a good place to buy apatite:D

I'm worried about this too, I've got a great Dane just imagine the damage she could do if she gets to the package before me! She loves packages, carrier bags and boxes and dives on them as they come in through the door, my fault for buying her so many presents.

My mum loved having a chat with the delivery man and used to sit waiting for the green and yellow van, he was a lovely man, we will miss him

cleopatra

Well I placed an order on Sunday evening, with standard delivery, and it came today. I didn't think that was bad. I did think it would be better to know the day it is arriving, but I never knew with sh*ttyLink anyway. They very often left Friday deliveries until Monday......having an early weekend I expect.....happened to me several times.

Latest posts

Back