Tanzanite hours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting slightly bored with the tanzanite hours?

I suppose they must be popular, since everything is selling. I can see that the designs are great and the prices are great, but it's been going on for hours now - just like The Jewellery Channel!

Now if it was a rainbow moonstone hour.... Ooops, I'm getting obsessed again!

I see that a large number of the one-of-a-kind tanzanite pieces from the special hours yesterday are now appearing on the website. This seems very odd, especially when the presenters kept talking about how many people were missing out.

I can only assume that either the buyers didn't complete their orders at the time, or else some of the pieces weren't really bought at all. (I don't think it can have been people phoning up and cancelling orders subsequently, becasue the items were on late last night and there would not have been time for them to contact CS and for the items to get onto the website, which seems to be updated daily.)

It seems unlikely that quite so many people would phone up and begin placing an order, only to change their mind at the last moment (or perhaps find that their credit card couldn't take the strain).

Rocks & Co is the only channel who never close a quantity auction until every piece has gone. I do hope they aren't creating a false impression of demand by deceiving viewers into thinking that items have gone when they haven't, because that would be very dodgy indeed... Would really appreciate an assurance from someone at Rocks & Co that this isn't the case.

Hi,

Just to confirm, we do not end the game in our quantity auctions unless we get a caller in!

Our Tanzanite hours are very popular due to the quality and prices we are offering this jewellery to you, the customer, and as such our current systems struggle to cope with a rush of high volume calls.

With the current system it takes around 3-5 minutes to process an order (even existing customers as you have to enter all customer details again) and within that time people change their mind, their card doesn’t go through and people sometimes just hang up half way through an order, amongst other things. As we have no easy means of calling back the other customers that were on the line that missed out and were told it’s out of stock as it had been allocated to another customer, the item has to go back on sale.

That is why we are changing and moving everything in to 1 location and having all new systems built, then we will be able to process an existing customer in 40-60 seconds and a new customer in around 2 – 3 minutes max, and overall give you a better shopping and customer service experience.

On another note, I am pleased to tell you that at our new premises, I am Bringing Pam Bruton on board, as the call centre manager. Pam brings a wealth of customer service experience with her and will ensure we offer the best possible customer service. You may know her from a previous shopping channel, as she was the night’s manager and come early next year you will be able to contact Pam and her team to sort out any problems you may have be having.

Thanks again,

Andrew
Rocks & Co. COO

Great - thanks for the confirmation, Andrew. That makes sense!

Rocks & Co has fantastic products, and we look forward to the CS to match!

Hi,

Just to confirm, we do not end the game in our quantity auctions unless we get a caller in!

Our Tanzanite hours are very popular due to the quality and prices we are offering this jewellery to you, the customer, and as such our current systems struggle to cope with a rush of high volume calls.

With the current system it takes around 3-5 minutes to process an order (even existing customers as you have to enter all customer details again) and within that time people change their mind, their card doesn’t go through and people sometimes just hang up half way through an order, amongst other things. As we have no easy means of calling back the other customers that were on the line that missed out and were told it’s out of stock as it had been allocated to another customer, the item has to go back on sale.

That is why we are changing and moving everything in to 1 location and having all new systems built, then we will be able to process an existing customer in 40-60 seconds and a new customer in around 2 – 3 minutes max, and overall give you a better shopping and customer service experience.

On another note, I am pleased to tell you that at our new premises, I am Bringing Pam Bruton on board, as the call centre manager. Pam brings a wealth of customer service experience with her and will ensure we offer the best possible customer service. You may know her from a previous shopping channel, as she was the night’s manager and come early next year you will be able to contact Pam and her team to sort out any problems you may have be having.

Thanks again,

Andrew
Rocks & Co. COO

Boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I am not a fan of Tanzanite.

I love tanzanite and Rocks' prices are outstanding so I love seeing these pieces, but each to their own I suppose. I'm rather partial to rainbow moonstone as well MissM and would love to see some high quality cabochon cut in simple yellow gold settings, but failing that I agree with you, more rainbow moonstone please!

Oh, no......

Just heard Stacey say that she'll be back in a minute with a WHOLE HOUR of tanzanite!

Arghhhhhh......!

I do like tanzanite - in small doses. But I think I might be starting to develop an allergy due to overexposure...

Latest posts

Back