What do you think of this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
I'm not having much joy with GemsTV at the mo!!! :D

I got a letter today saying that a 9k yellow gold diamond pendant I bought last year has turned out to be white gold over-plated with 9k yellow gold. The letter offers me a full refund including postage.

Okay, so 10/10 to GemsTV for being honest and recalling the products but ..... as white gold is more expensive than yellow gold, why would anybody do this? It doesn't make sense! You would make yellow and then over-plate with rhodium to make it white but why on earth do it the other way round - unless of course the base white metal isn't gold!?

Very strange and I don't know what to think. However, I'll be returning the pendant as I've never worn it anyway!!! :rolleyes:

Could it just be a factory mistake Meesh ?

Yeah could be but it's a really really really odd mistake to make! It's like having a pair of Nike trainers and taking off the tags to make it a pair from Asda! Well, not quite but you get the gist :D

Maybe some pleb thought the white gold was silver ? at least they offered to replace it but i bet they are glad a customer didn't spot it as it would have left them open to legal repercusions.

That is very strange! As you say though Meeshoo 10/10 for their honesty. They must keep very good records to be able to track all the purchasers down.

I wonder if it's another purchaser who has discovered this? If it was plated on top couldn't that mean that the plating could come off in time? Maybe that's how it came to light?

Yep the plating would come off and as it's a pendant, if somebody was wearing perfume it's likely to wear off pretty quickly. Suspicious mind that I have, I do wonder if it's a base of silver and not white gold - that would make more sense. ;)

Hmmmmmmm Not the best situation to come to light, but 10 out of 10 to Gems for finding out and offering refunds.

Mmmh, not sure I'd be passing out pats on the back for this. As all their stuff is 'made in house' how did this happen in the first place? And for it to take a year to come to light? It sounds to me like someone has complained and they've back pedalled sharpish. Good of them to offer a refund but a lot cheaper than a lawsuit. :(

I got letters for two pendants, both of which I had returned within the 10 day MBG. :rolleyes:

You would have thought that someone should have worked out ......."take away those who sent it back".......

Well done to gems for finding out about the problem and offering you a refund, maybe its a good thing you never wore it :eek:

Same thing's just happened to me - but with a pair of earrings. I like them, but don't want the plating to wear off, so will be returning them.

Meggie

(PS I'm the the first Meggie, but they gave my name away when they had the problem. I note I'm now a junior member too!!!!!)

Last edited:
Meggie if you were a VIP before, just drop a PM to Graham, Fraggle or Sazza because they can reinstate you.

I've just had another 5 letters in this mornings post. See my new thread. I'm absolutely spitting blood now.

Same thing's just happened to me - but with a pair of earrings. I like them, but don't want the plating to wear off, so will be returning them.

Meggie

(PS I'm the the first Meggie, but they gave my name away when they had the problem. I note I'm now a junior member too!!!!!)

Sorry just seen this, we didn't give your name away, with over 5000 members before we lost all data it was an impossible task so it was first come first served.

Apologies

Latest posts

Back