John Scott

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
John Scott has mentioned that his contract with Rocks & Co runs out in the New Year.

Does anyone know if he's hoping that it will be renewed, or is he definitely leaving then?

Rocks would not be the same without him! He seems to be very popular, too - I definitely watch more (and therefore buy more) when John is on.

He's an absolute darling, I adore watching him. He mentioned me and my pussies again last night but it was late and I wasn't logged on to send him an email but I know he reads the forum so.......thanks for the shout John!! :YIPPEE: :pPC:

I hope they give him a new contract - he deserves it!!!
I tell the girls in work of his antics ... hes a nutter!

hiya

John said last Thursday (I think it was Thursday) that he was taking a week off before his contract ran out... guess that would mean he would be back at the weekend ...
hope so ... not as much fun at night ...
hope they keep him on

It would be a massive mistake not to keep John at any cost. I could mention a couple who would be better suited to different types of job so hope if they are getting rid of anyone they get rid of the right ones!

JOHN MUST STAY!!

PLEEEAAASSSEEE The powers that be at Rocks and Co. please keep John Scott ive missed him this week, he always makes me laugh

Last edited:
I only watch when John is on, he is entertaining, doesn't go over the top with those awful false whoops of excitement and unlike the majority of the females, he speaks English not Estuary. The gem expert could do with livening up a bit too, he is just too serious and looks thoroughly miserable, I could have smacked him when he told John to respect the gems, what a prat! He might know his gems but he comes across as a miserable thug.

I only watch when John is on, he is entertaining, doesn't go over the top with those awful false whoops of excitement and unlike the majority of the females, he speaks English not Estuary. The gem expert could do with livening up a bit too, he is just too serious and looks thoroughly miserable, I could have smacked him when he told John to respect the gems, what a prat! He might know his gems but he comes across as a miserable thug.
I agree Sue. He's also a hard sell merchant but covers his back with absolutely everything he says with an added 'in my opinion' which comes across as totally insincere and with a whiff of, shall we say.......exagerration?? :rolleyes: His double act with the botoxed up to the hilt Vicky B makes me cringe as well, the silly cow gazes at him in adoration and his every pearl of wisdom :rolleyes: is greeted with her wide eyed, open mouthed look of astonishment...a technique that she's honed over the years hawking herself around the jewellery channels. I really can't watch them now, hope he stays in Brazil for a very long time. What a fresh breath of air John will be after being subjected to the gruesome twosome. :YIKES: :pPC:

I agree too. I used to love listening to Gemstone Gav when was on GemsTV, as his knowledge is second to none. This new guy seems to be more about the hard sell than imparting any interesting facts on the gemstones. He lost his credibility for me when he was waxing lyrical about a Paraiba he'd chosen especially for the show, when it was all too obvious what a poorly cut gem it was. The window would have made any double glazing salesman proud!:lol: One good thing in his favour though is that he can pronounce Paraiba (unlike a lot of the presenters, which drives me NUTS)! Aaarrrggghhhh!

Hurry back John. You're the best. :blowkiss:

I agree Sue. He's also a hard sell merchant but covers his back with absolutely everything he says with an added 'in my opinion' which comes across as totally insincere and with a whiff of, shall we say.......exagerration?? :rolleyes: His double act with the botoxed up to the hilt Vicky B makes me cringe as well, the silly cow gazes at him in adoration and his every pearl of wisdom :rolleyes: is greeted with her wide eyed, open mouthed look of astonishment...a technique that she's honed over the years hawking herself around the jewellery channels. I really can't watch them now, hope he stays in Brazil for a very long time. What a fresh breath of air John will be after being subjected to the gruesome twosome. :YIKES: :pPC:

Thank gawd I thought it was just me thinking that! Her face doesn't move so it's either very bad botox or a lift gone wrong! :eek:

Another vote for the wonderful John from me too.

Last edited:
I've not bought anything yet but if anyone's going to get me to make the plunge, it's John Scott!!!

There's only one John Scott!

...and his many shirts.... :D

Has Vicki B really had work done - I thought she was only in her twenties?! Other than that, I agree with all the above. I am very disappointed with the Gemhunter as all he seems to be there for is the hard sell. It's really sweet, Ruth was so excited because he had taught her how to pronounce Paraiba, but she still gets it wrong. All that has changed is that she now rolls her r a bit.
I've really missed John and it's great that he's back tonight. If they don't take him on permanently, I have a feeling they'll be losing quite a few viewers - I wonder if they realise?

Has Vicki B really had work done - I thought she was only in her twenties?! Other than that, I agree with all the above. I am very disappointed with the Gemhunter as all he seems to be there for is the hard sell. It's really sweet, Ruth was so excited because he had taught her how to pronounce Paraiba, but she still gets it wrong. All that has changed is that she now rolls her r a bit.
I've really missed John and it's great that he's back tonight. If they don't take him on permanently, I have a feeling they'll be losing quite a few viewers - I wonder if they realise?

Thought had occurred to me as well but she can only be knocking 30!!
She used to look a bit more flexible than she does now......"in my opinion"

And also "in my opinion".....

JOHN MUST STAY

Nah - I don't think Vikki has had botox. She's only a baby - nothing to botox at her age (unike John Scott who tells us about his botox)!

I do agree about Tony Diniz, though. He just talks a load of BS most of the time - rubbishy sales talk about kunzite being the "gem of sensuality" which makes me cringe, about having selected a particular gem because it's the best of its kind blah blah blah... when anyone can see it's just part of the inventory with nothing exceptional about it. And did anyone hear a couple of weeks ago when one of the presenters asked him what gem he would recommend to a young girl just beginning an interest in gemstones, and he said paraiba tourmaline? What an idiot!

I wouldn't normally knock presenters on the forum because they can read this too and it might upset them, but I reckon Tony Diniz is old enough and high enough up in the company to hear it how it is.

So come on, Tony, stop the hard sell and tell us something about the gems instead! We want to know about how they're mined, how you tracked them down, what it's like dealing with the miners in different cultures and that sort of thing - at the moment, you're making it sound like they all fell off the back of a lorry!

:51:

thats my friday night viewing sorted then!!!

Mine too! Just read this and turned over to Rocks, though I haven't watched any of the jewellery channels for ages.

He's completely lost the plot at the moment about the teethmarks in the apple pendant - can't sell anything 'cos he's laughing too much :D

Latest posts

Back