Profit Warning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cannot say that I am surprised really.

Shame as they used to have such potential.

There really does seem to be an air of desperation about things at the moment. Products are obviously not selling and that is why they're being rebranded as '4 Day Deals' or 'Blockbusters' rather than Picks of the Day. Blockbusters are apparently supposed to last for a few weeks rather than days - and Pick of the Day's hardly ever feature now, which says to me stuff just isn't selling.

It's been said before, but they just don't have the variety of products that QVC have - there's only so many times a Karcher/Bissell/Bamix etc can feature before it gets repetetive and people switch off. Spending whole hours on one product is very boring for the viewer too. Whole weekends of craft on the main channel when there is already a dedicated Craft channel isn't good either, plus again they only seem to sell a very limited range of stuff anyway.

It's a shame - as QVC needs a good rival, it would be good for them and good for us, the consumers as it would offer more choice. But add all this in with the very unimpressive Customer Service and it seems to be a channel that's more intent on self destruction rather than self improvement.

KPMG have been brought in as their auditors for the next year too, plus Ian Jebson, who qualified with KPMG, as their FD from March 09. The share price at close has rallied a little, to 36p.

I still think IW can still turn this disaster round but they must offer a more varied choice of products and tighten up the service they give to both their suppliers and customers alike.

I don't want to see IW go but they really must listen to their customers and address the issues raised. Their Customer Service section is poor and so are delivery times - both key to a successful business. I always hesitate when ordering from them because I do not feel confident in the service I will receive. IW have a lot to learn from QVC.

Their Customer Service section is poor and so are delivery times - both key to a successful business.

It might be concidence, or maybe they are listening to their customers at last, because goods I ordered at the weekend arrived yesterday. :11: I usually wait for a couple of weeks.

It might be concidence, or maybe they are listening to their customers at last, because goods I ordered at the weekend arrived yesterday. :11: I usually wait for a couple of weeks.

I am really pleased to hear that and I hope that it is as a result of IW finally accepting that they have a problem and addressing it. When I do order from them ( rarely ) I try to forget all about it and then when my order finally arrives it is a pleasant surprise!

If IDEAL WORLD think there profits are going to change,with never ending craft hours and Karcher/Bissell/Bamix products them i'm sorry to say it wont.
And QVC well thats just a womans channel infact i never tune in these days same old rubbish on air not forgetting the parrot Miss A Young.

Latest posts

Back