Cooker for £16.99...are IW on the turn around?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haggismuncher

Registered Shopper
Cooker for £16.99...are IW on the turn around?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-....:11:naghhhhh .......a £16.99 electric cook wont do that, but it is value for money:11:, with decent p/p.

Also saw the jewellery clearance last night with tempting prices.........:32:

It looks like a good buy but not for me. I have quite a large Kitchen but I would not know where to store it and I certainly would not want it out on the worktop permanently. I think it would be great for a family who like a cooked breakfast on a regular basis because so much can be cooked in one go but everything else demonstrated can be done in regular pans.

Don't buy it - there's a reason it's only £16.99 - it's rubbish. I bought one a couple of years ago for around £20.00 plus P&P and I rarely, if ever, use it. It doesn't have different temperatures - it's pretty much on (full power) or off (any of the lower powers). When they show the shots from above and you can see the water boiling in a circle - well, that's pretty much where it cooks, or should I say burns if you don't stir stuff enough. I do very, very occasionally dig it out to make a sort of stir fry thing where I bung in anything that's hanging around in the fridge and it does come out quite nice if I stir it often enough and I do like the big cooking surface. It's not quite bad enough to be ditched, but it's not good enough to have a permanent place in my kitchen. It tends to live on a shelf in the spare room.

I think I may have used it once for a full cooked breakfast for DH and myself and it was quite good for that because I could move things that were cooked away from the "cooking circle" and they stayed warm whilst I added other items. In a caravan or any other tiny cooking space it might be very useful but in a normal fully equipped kitchen I'd save my money.

Julie

Thanks for that Julie....

I was thinking of buying one for my father as he makes a lot of curries and stir frys. I did not realise you could not regulate the heat....whats the point in a cooker you cant regulate....

I now see why its only £16.99...not such a blockbuster, 4 day day, fab wonderful pick of the day thingy then...

It shows you how much attention I was paying I hadn't realised it could only be controlled on/off and with no choice of heat settings! That's no good! I bought the Tefal Versalio many years ago from QVC and that has various heat options. It is fantastic and much easier to store away.

Not very good if you cannot change the temperature.

At least with the Palson's they used to sell, you could change the temperature?

I have the Palson Rodeo griddle plate that I bought from IW and it is first class, but the size is too large to permantly fit on the worktop.

if it was the one that was on with Dave this afternoon it did have an adjustable thermostat as he was pointing out out as I channel hopped.

It looks pretty similar to the Palson one they sold a while back. I bought it and it was absolutely huge. Because it's so shallow you tend to slop everything out when you stir it, and the thermostat wasn't as controllable as i'd have liked either. Another thing is that when you need to remove the lid, because it's so huge and usually dripping, you have to have loads of space to put it down while you're slopping, er, stirring the pan. Oh, and you need a spare shed to store it in.
I thought it was a totally impractical pain in the bum and threw mine out.

Latest posts

Back