Beware ideal world

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosylee

Registered Shopper
Beware if you are ordering anything from this chanel, as I have just had nearly £25, taken from my visa card for an order placed on 27th november, which when I did not receive, have just rang them to be told the order no. does not excist and they have no order for me, but they have taken the money from my card, I have had to ring the visa card oompany and 2 phone calls to ideal world, have had to put the phone down as they just never answer, I am out of pocket by ordering from them, so be aware!.
Can anyone please let me know the alternative telephone no. for these people, instead of the 08700 no.I know there has been a thread about this in the past. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hope you get it sorted, your visa company should be able to help.

I gave up on IW a long time ago and nothing would tempt me to order from them again.

Beware if you are ordering anything from this chanel, as I have just had nearly £25, taken from my visa card for an order placed on 27th november, which when I did not receive, have just rang them to be told the order no. does not excist and they have no order for me, but they have taken the money from my card, I have had to ring the visa card oompany and 2 phone calls to ideal world, have had to put the phone down as they just never answer, I am out of pocket by ordering from them, so be aware!.
Can anyone please let me know the alternative telephone no. for these people, instead of the 08700 no.I know there has been a thread about this in the past. Thanks.

Feckin thieves.....i will never use these cowboys again, well the sell total sh@te anyway....

Hope you get it sorted, your visa company should be able to help.

I gave up on IW a long time ago and nothing would tempt me to order from them again.

Yes Bluebell, I thought my visa co. would be able to help, but when I rang to ask if any money had been taken for this 'non existing order' they said yes it had been taken and gave me a merchant number and said I would need to get it refunded from Ideal World, that they could not help, but when I spoke to my daughter she said that the visa company would be able to get it back. so I may have to ring them again. It is costing me so much in phone calls, it makes me wonder if it would be cheaper to just let it go.

Hi, I had a problem and emailed Andrew Fryatt, then Chief Executive of Ideal World, I received a reply from :

[email protected]

to whom he referred my complaint - I think she works in PR.

I'm not sure if the CEO has changed, but you may be able to find out via Google, I suggest you email them (the format will be the same as above I would think) and copy in Tracy Townson.

I hope this helps - my problem was sorted only after Ms Townson's intervention.
Good luck

Must depend on which VISA company you are with :11:..mine delt extemely well with a mobile phone company that had sent me out a used phone and refused to answer phone calls or e-mails when I was trying to complain, I only phoned my visa company to find out if this person had taken money from the account and the girl I spoke to wanted to know my reason for asking, she then took over and told me she will deal with them directly...my money was back within 2 days, the phone picked up and the cost, originally, was only £55 or somewhere close.

daydreamer

Beware Ideal World

Hi, I had a problem and emailed Andrew Fryatt, then Chief Executive of Ideal World, I received a reply from :

[email protected]

to whom he referred my complaint - I think she works in PR.

I'm not sure if the CEO has changed, but you may be able to find out via Google, I suggest you email them (the format will be the same as above I would think) and copy in Tracy Townson.

I hope this helps - my problem was sorted only after Ms Townson's intervention.
Good luck

I too have had many problems with Ideal World and after complaining in writing I received a two page letter from Tracy Townson. It was quite some time ago but at the end of her letter she put her contact number as 08700 777 002 ext 3312. She seems one of the few people in the organisation who is able to sort out complaints. If you don't have any luck phoning, write to her at Ideal Shopping Direct, Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough, PE1 5WG. Best of luck in resolving your problem.

I too have had many problems with Ideal World and after complaining in writing I received a two page letter from Tracy Townson. It was quite some time ago but at the end of her letter she put her contact number as 08700 777 002 ext 3312. She seems one of the few people in the organisation who is able to sort out complaints. If you don't have any luck phoning, write to her at Ideal Shopping Direct, Ideal Home House, Newark Road, Peterborough, PE1 5WG. Best of luck in resolving your problem.

Thanks for the info Topaz, I have just emailed her will wait and see if I get any reply, then will write to her, seems better to write, as ringing takes too long, I can wait up to 30mins to be answered and at 10p per min. its just not on.I am just sick of all this, I dont seem to be getting anywhere, have sent 4 emails and have not had any response other than 'we will reply to you in 7 days'.

Thanks Topaz, I have just managed to get through on that no. and spoke to someone taking her calls and have managed to get my refund, although the ammount I have spent on phone calls probably wipes it out, I will never watch Ideal World again so that I am not tempted to ever buy from them again, pity as I love the simply yoghurt, but will have to get used to easyo again.I will also receive £5 compensation onto my account ., she has said.

Beware Ideal World

Thanks Topaz, I have just managed to get through on that no. and spoke to someone taking her calls and have managed to get my refund, although the ammount I have spent on phone calls probably wipes it out, I will never watch Ideal World again so that I am not tempted to ever buy from them again, pity as I love the simply yoghurt, but will have to get used to easyo again.I will also receive £5 compensation onto my account ., she has said.

Rosylee, that's great news, glad I could help. I still occasionally flick over to that channel just to see if it's as bad as ever...... and it is.....so I don't think I'll ever be tempted to buy from them again. If I feel myself weakening I'll just think of their past blunders.

I have finished with Ideal World as well. Was waiting for a refund of £40 for non delivery of goods since August and I could not get any response from CS. I wrote to Peterborough and emailed 3 times. Eventually I sent a recorded delivery letter to Peterborough and listed at the bottom that copies would be sent to: Advertising Standards Agency, My Solicitor, BBC Watchdog etc. Ideal World replied and refunded my money a fortnight ago.......but what a struggle!

Oh Scouser I hope I dont have to wait that long before mine goes back onto card, she said she had done it and it should show within 7/10 days. will have to keep checking.I know its less than £30 but it is still a lot to loose in these credit crunch times.

Beware Ideal World

Oh Scouser I hope I dont have to wait that long before mine goes back onto card, she said she had done it and it should show within 7/10 days. will have to keep checking.I know its less than £30 but it is still a lot to loose in these credit crunch times.

Keep us posted Rosylee and let us know how you get on. Keep at them if you don't get your refund in the 7/10 days.

Here we go again with this chanel, I have just had an email from them asking me to send copy of my visa statement where the money has been taken from, this was supposed to be sorted and the money returned to my visa when I spoke to someone in Tracy Tolsons department. Looks like I am going to have to start ringing them again.This is really not on.I am so fed up with them.

Latest posts

Back