How do I stop these people ringing me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cashpot

Registered Shopper
Placed an order yesterday with bid-up. When they rang me they asked for my pin - I don't have a pin having never before used them. They then asked for my last two purchases - same answer. Next "which tv channel do you watch?" (why). I replied Sky and was told that I was wrong! So I told them to cancel the order. Reply "we can't cancel the order without your pin!". So I rang off. Since then have received more than 30 calls. I rang their customer services 7 times - each time told they had removed me from their list. They KEEP ringing and ringing and ringing!
Rang the BT nuisance call bureau - told me to take phone off the hook!!!
Have tried everything that I can think of including telling them that the customer had had a heart attack because of the harasment. They KEEP ringing! (3 times while I write this). I ask to speak to their manager sometimes. He or she says they will stop the calls! They don't!

Anyone know their MD's phone number or where they broadcast from? I inend to visit - and sue! HELLLLP!!!! 4 times!

Short of changing your number, there isn't a lot you can do.

The only thing I can suggest is that you get a phone that identifies and brings up the number of any caller (though you would have to pay a little extra for caller ID), so you can chose whether or not to take a call.

there is a facility bt offer to refuse a number and they can provide it for the 1st month for free (I had to use it recently as I was getting call from an asian call centre everyday and no amount of shouting at them that I wasnt interested made any difference)
its called choose to refuse Just make sure you remember to cancel it at the end of the free month or you will be charged if it continues .Hopefully be the end of a month they will have given up trying to contact you anyway

I have emailed Ian Percval as well as CCing every Manager and Director that I could find (guessing their addresses). So far no reply from anyone - but interestingly no bounces either - and the calls continue (albeit at a lower frequency of just one per hour or so).

I went up to the offices at Chiswick this lunchtime and was amazed at the size of this setup. They must be raking it in - small and homely this company is NOT!

I will keep reporting here but whatever happens intend to issue a County Court summons. Either they defend (in which case they will have to pay some poor laywer) or sit back and pay up. It's up to them, they set up a system that makes automated calls to save them money so really have no defence in my opinion!

Has anyone else noticed that they turn over almost 1 million pounds per DAY and make getting on for 1 million profit each WEEK! That being so I do wonder HOW? I sat working it out on the number of items sold and the numbers just don't work even assuming that they buy for 25% of what they sell for and make £1 per call received. There MUST be more to their business than meets the eye!

Last edited:
Placed an order yesterday with bid-up. When they rang me they asked for my pin - I don't have a pin having never before used them. They then asked for my last two purchases - same answer. Next "which tv channel do you watch?" (why). I replied Sky and was told that I was wrong! So I told them to cancel the order. Reply "we can't cancel the order without your pin!". So I rang off. Since then have received more than 30 calls. I rang their customer services 7 times - each time told they had removed me from their list. They KEEP ringing and ringing and ringing!
Have tried everything that I can think of including telling them that the customer had had a heart attack because of the harasment. They KEEP ringing! (3 times while I write this). I ask to speak to their manager sometimes. He or she says they will stop the calls! They don't!

Oh, come on, I'm sure if you ask them over and over and over and over and over again then they will be glad to stop ringing you. Otherwise, why not try posing as a police officer? that's sure to scare them off!

Cashpot, I've sent you a pm with a direct phone number for one of the managers, hopefully if you call him direct to his office phone he should be able to sort this out for you.

Cashpot, I've sent you a pm with a direct phone number for one of the managers, hopefully if you call him direct to his office phone he should be able to sort this out for you.

Yeah...and if he doesn't, just call him again....and again....and every time his company phone you, make calling him your next action.......that ought to work!!!!!! hee hee!!!

forgive my ignorance, but just what are you issuing a summons for? AFAIK you have to be owed money to go through the money claim online process.

You're quite right, Lexie. You need to show some monetary loss in order to claim; if the Choose to Refuse service signed you into a contract for the service then you may be able to claim for that expense caused by their constant calls...although someone did say that this was free for the first month, if that info is accurate.

anjpanj

Anyone know their MD's phone number or where they broadcast from? I inend to visit - and sue! HELLLLP!!!! 4 times!

please contact ur local trading standards officer as soon as possible and take civil action through the diputes court, it is under the law of harrasment and an injunction against the said company can be placed , do this 2morrow in the morning and make appointment to file the case and fill in the forms, then notify the said company by letter ! do not email and send by registerd mail, have it witnessed by 2 other people, date it and sign it and it will ease the matter very quickly . good luck

Latest posts

Back