The Four Day Piggy Deal: Cookshop Gourmet Multicooker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bexi

J'adore Labrador
Cookshop Gourmet Multicooker

dw.jpg

£16.99

Will you be buying one to roast your bits with?

This is a very good price but I can't see why I would need this. It might be really useful for holiday homes/caravans but I can't see how it would be useful at home. It would just end up taking up valuable space. It's the sort of thing I would have rushed to buy years ago before I realised I had to make more considered purchases. Perhaps I have missed the point?

This is a very good price but I can't see why I would need this. It might be really useful for holiday homes/caravans but I can't see how it would be useful at home. It would just end up taking up valuable space. It's the sort of thing I would have rushed to buy years ago before I realised I had to make more considered purchases. Perhaps I have missed the point?

Agreed. I'll stick with my Wok. I find it useful for cooking just about everything.

I've had one for over a year and it's fantastic. We have 7 kids (not all still at home though) so one way or another I'm always cooking huge amounts and this gadget has been in constant use. You can easily fit in over 25 sausages at a time or a full fry up for a load of people, you can stick a pizza in and cook that with the lid on,brill for mince type meals and amazing for toasted sandwiches. I wouldn't roast in it, I've got an Aga for that.
With just a few drops of oil you can fry 10 eggs at a time and cleaning it is just a matter of heating it up and wiping with dry kitchen roll.
The only drawback is that it's big but it's found a permanent home in our kitchen!:D

I've had one for over a year and it's fantastic. We have 7 kids (not all still at home though) so one way or another I'm always cooking huge amounts and this gadget has been in constant use. You can easily fit in over 25 sausages at a time or a full fry up for a load of people, you can stick a pizza in and cook that with the lid on,brill for mince type meals and amazing for toasted sandwiches. I wouldn't roast in it, I've got an Aga for that.
With just a few drops of oil you can fry 10 eggs at a time and cleaning it is just a matter of heating it up and wiping with dry kitchen roll.
The only drawback is that it's big but it's found a permanent home in our kitchen!:D

I can see that with your big family this would be a fantastic purchase. I still can't believe the price! It is really big though but you just have to make room for something that is so useful. I had no trouble making room for the Tefal Actifry because for us it is a great product allowing us to have chips for the first time in years. Keep enjoying your lovely family meals! :)

Thanks Rozzy. :D

It looked good to me so I am waiting rather impatiently for mine to be delivered before we go away. It looked great for our touring caravan when on electric hook-up. Knowing Ideal World's delivery history it will arrive while we are away. Still showing awaiting dispatch in my account. :(

Hope they deliver soon Suki;)

Mia, is the Actifry really good and how much does it hold ?:)

we have one of these and i love it ,the ONLY draw back is it is big and is hard to find space for ,but also having 4 children its fab for eggs as u say Rozzy,to do a breakie for everyone sat out in the sun (when we get it)on the patio on a weekend while hubby and i are sat and kids are playing or sat with us is nice .we are all together while chattin and cookin.It is a social piece of cookin equpiment aswell .Quite funny really.!!!!

Gets VERY hot in seconds ,great item.!!!

Hope they deliver soon Suki;)

Mia, is the Actifry really good and how much does it hold ?:)

The Actifry is amazing but it does not cook huge amounts of chips. It says in the instructions just 1kg, well I always ignore this and last time I definitely put in almost double with about 1 1/2 spoons of oil instead of one. If you do this keep an eye on the chips to make sure that some are not pushed over the top of the cooking pan. If this happens, just open the lid and push them back into the pan. As the chips cook they reduce in volume and they all stay in the pan even though you would have doubled the quantity suggested. Another tip is to start the chips off with no oil for a few seconds. Do this because they stress the chips must be dry to be crisp. The hot air system which does the cooking dries the chips. Once they are dry I open the lid and add the oil. Every time I make chips I just can't believe how this system produces such good results.

Sorry that this is so long but you can tell I like it! :)

Is it not just a direct copy of the Palson one without the three year guarantee? I have a Palson one and have found it to be excellent :)

The Actifry is amazing but it does not cook huge amounts of chips. It says in the instructions just 1kg, well I always ignore this and last time I definitely put in almost double with about 1 1/2 spoons of oil instead of one. If you do this keep an eye on the chips to make sure that some are not pushed over the top of the cooking pan. If this happens, just open the lid and push them back into the pan. As the chips cook they reduce in volume and they all stay in the pan even though you would have doubled the quantity suggested. Another tip is to start the chips off with no oil for a few seconds. Do this because they stress the chips must be dry to be crisp. The hot air system which does the cooking dries the chips. Once they are dry I open the lid and add the oil. Every time I make chips I just can't believe how this system produces such good results.

Sorry that this is so long but you can tell I like it! :)

I must get one I think

Latest posts

Back