why oh why do I bother?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
I placed 2 orders last weekend, 1 Saturday, 1 Sunday. The orders were both sitting at invoiced (afaik, the last process before being shipped) on Wednesday! They had both been sitting at invoiced for 3 days!
I mailed customer service to be told..... wait for it .... there were delays at the warehouse (now that is new huh?) the items would be shipped soon!
The item I bought on saturday was posted Wednesday afternoon, the other...IS STILL SITTING AT INVOICED! The item, was a pendant bought to match a pair of dangly earrings I had bought a few weeks ago. My hubby is 40 this weekend and last night, we were all going out for a celebration! I wanted to wear the earrings and pendant .... couldnt though... felt let down by tjc

Went to my jewellery box as I thought 'I know, will wear the madagascar blue sapphire pendant I got from them in Feb' worn 3 times - THERE IS A STONE MISSING!!

have mailed customer service about both of these issues .... I know these are 2 unrelated issues, but... 2 issues at the one time, is a worry!

between seeing the promo vid from Sayed talking about how safe and secure settings are, to presenters stating live on air last night last 'buy this today and wear it next weekend' surely though if there are problems at the warehouse, this is false advertising as there is a strong chance it wont be delivered in time!

am thinking I will stop spending on tjc, start saving (well going on holiday in a few months anyway) least I shouldnt feel as let down that way

:mad::mad::mad:

Oh Faerie - that's not good enough.

In terms of the missing stone from your sapphire ring - I'm pretty sure that there's either a 6 or 12 month guarantee against this sort of thing. You've got nothing to lose by speaking with CS. Mind you, ask if you can get a local jeweller to fix it (at TJC's cost) rather than their in-house team because I've had some nasty experiences with the in house mob. To be fair though, that was a while ago though so it may have changed.

As for the late deliveries - TJC really need to sort this out. Deliveries are taking longer and longer and the fact that they charge your card immediately means they have your money for longer. A cynical ploy or just stupidity? Mmmmmmm?

BTW when they say "buy it now and be wearing it at the weekend" they should say ".....at the weekend of our choice and it could be in 2009" :rolleyes:

Hope you get it all resolved.

Faerie, I'm so sorry about both the problems you're trying to sort out.

The fact that the money is taken from the account straight away is one of the things that makes me very wary about buying from TJC. I have bought several things from them, but on at least three occasions I've had to chase up the item only to find that it's not coming to me after all and I've had to have a refund. On one occasion I received a delivery and against one item on the invoice someone had written 'returned to stock' - I no inkling until then that it wasn't coming. Fortunately Simon Leach was able to chase that one up and sort it out for me. If there are rumblings about the future of TJC, knowing that we might pay for something that won't come will surely make people think twice about ordering. :(

hi guys
had replies back for my queries

for the email about the stone falling out of the pendant .....
Thank you for your email. Please send the item back with a covering letter, once received it will be processed. We apologise for any inconvenience.

wonder what processed means? I did explain that it was bought as a match for a ring ... if they cant replace or fix the pendant, does that mean I can return the ring (which, btw, had been resized) for my money back also?

for the one about the pendant WHICH IS STILL SITTING AT INVOICED
Thank you for your email. I can only apologise for the delay in the warehouse, your item should be dispatched shortly. As it does state in our terms & conditions please allow up to 10 working days before receiving your item. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

doesnt explain why the presenters ONLY state 3-4 days ... that they use the get it for the weekend sales pitch ... this, to me, is mis-selling ...
should they then say - 'buy it now, get it for the 'wedding/party etc' next week, but dont really get your hopes up because if you look at our t&c on the web, it states it can take 10 days...'

as you can see from the emails, they have the bog-standard email, and add the bit in the middle ... dont know why they bothered though, they aren't replys really...especially for the first one, there are now more questions (that I wouldnt get answered) .... oh... why bother!!:mad:

Fuming!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Am sooo angry

The pendant was shown as dispatched on Tuesday ... hadnt received it yesterday so mailed customer service yet again ... heres the reply

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your item did not pass quality control & you were refunded today, the money can take 3-5 working days to appear in your account. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

why sell in an auction when its sub standard?
why tell me for a week that it was ready to be shipped?
the item STILL shows as shipped on their site!
why was I only advised of this when I asked about delivery? would they have told me if I hadnt questioned it?
why does it take soo long to get a refund when they take it out of your account straight away?
arent bids legally binding? or is that just so they can chase us?

at the start of the thread, I asked they question 'why do I bother' I can tell you guys somethng, thats its for me and tjc, I wont be bothering anymore, they dont give a toss for their customers anymore ....

(sorry for the rant you guys)
am just SOOO angry!

Sorry you are having such problems with TJC, seems to be how they are these days. You have been such a good and loyal custoner too,with the economy as it is you would think they would look after what customers they had.Hope you get it sorted soon xxxxAngiexxxx

Faerie I've been really good recently keeping my mouth shut about TJC but what's happened to you is appalling! They do sell some real quality jewellery but they couldn't organise a p*ss up in a Brewery!! If they end up going like their counterparts in the US then I'm sorry to say that it's purely down to abysmal management! They could be such a good channel if only someone with a brain was running it!

Really sorry you've been messed around and left totally disillusioned and without your purchase.

Things seem to have slid lately, I've just sent back a loose Tanzanite stone which looked like it had been cut by a five year old! It resembled a boat underneath and was a flash back to the Tanzanite my mum bought from Gems a couple of years ago........urgh.... shudder! :eek:

I think maybe they are cutting corners to make extra bucks in times of hardship, I'm disappointed though as usually they do maintain a quality. I'm defo off shopping tv at the mo. :(

hi guys

thanks for your support - I ranted to them too.... and out of all the questions I raised, I got a couple of answers back ... just thought I would post them, it gives a sort of insight into their systems ...
in response to why does it show dispatched on the web and why does it take 3-5 working days
answer: Unfortunately when an item does not pass quality control our system does not allow us to enter that in the order history & we have to return the item to the system as dispatched to refund you. The refund is an electronic transfer that being the reason why it can 3-5 working days to appear in your account.

do they keep a count of items that dont pass then? if it didnt pass on Tuesday, why didnt they get in touch with me? I would have thought it would have said refunded on their site or something

and in answer to why sell items that dont pass quality control ...
All items go through quality control when they first arrive, the items are then stored in the warehouse before going up for auction, once sold, items go through quality control again, unfortunately if the item does not pass this final process unfortunately then we cannot dispatch the item

remember that ladies and gents when you get an item delivered and open the box ... and something is missing ..... its already been checked ... TWICE !!!!! (would roll about laughing, but it just aint funny)

anyhoo, to cheer myself up, I spent the money thats to be refunded on something other than jewellery ....

remember that ladies and gents when you get an item delivered and open the box ... and something is missing ..... its already been checked ... TWICE !!!!! (would roll about laughing, but it just aint funny)

TBF, using several checkers (each one of whom is more skilled than the one used before) is surely the only way to combine a large amount of checking with a high standard of goods. Otherwise the entire task would devolve upon one person, the most skilled checker. When something is obviously wrong, the least skilled checker will (or should :rolleyes:) send it back.

hi guys

thanks for your support - I ranted to them too.... and out of all the questions I raised, I got a couple of answers back ... just thought I would post them, it gives a sort of insight into their systems ...
in response to why does it show dispatched on the web and why does it take 3-5 working days
answer: Unfortunately when an item does not pass quality control our system does not allow us to enter that in the order history & we have to return the item to the system as dispatched to refund you. The refund is an electronic transfer that being the reason why it can 3-5 working days to appear in your account.

do they keep a count of items that dont pass then? if it didnt pass on Tuesday, why didnt they get in touch with me? I would have thought it would have said refunded on their site or something

and in answer to why sell items that dont pass quality control ...
All items go through quality control when they first arrive, the items are then stored in the warehouse before going up for auction, once sold, items go through quality control again, unfortunately if the item does not pass this final process unfortunately then we cannot dispatch the item

anyhoo, to cheer myself up, I spent the money thats to be refunded on something other than jewellery ....

Ooooh, sounds interesting, whatever it is enjoy! :D

its maybe not exciting to you guys, but I ordered a cross stitch kit .... its of very cute kittens and I thought if my hands are busy stitching, they cant be clicking away with the mouse on the auctions, or phoning for the live items .... so not much point in watching!! ;)

a wee update

hi

I just thought I would send you guys a wee update on the pendant(s) saga ...
I got my refund for 'the pendant that never was' was nice of them to keep the money for 3 weeks ... and to pocket the interest .....
the other pendant (AM STILL FUMING) I mailed them last week to ask, if after them having the pendant with the stone missing,for 2 whole weeks, there was any update......
heres the reply!!!
Unfortunately the item cannot be repaired & has been passed onto the MD for authorization to be refunded, this has been approved & you will be refunded shortly, the money can take 3-5 working days to appear in your account. Any further queries do not hesitate to contact us again

so... would I have heard anything if I hadnt mailed and asked what was happening??? no
what about when I had asked them IN WRITING if there were any similar pendants as I had gotten the pendant to match a ring from them ..... nothing
what about a refund for the postage to get the pendant back to them .... is there any point?

which leads me to 3 questions ....
do tjc really care about their customers? :confused:
what do their customer care department really care about?:confused::confused:
and thirdly .....
how do I get myself blacklisted so I cant order from them ever again??:mad:

it seems that if you order from tjc, you should just keep checking your bank account if an item doesnt appear when it should, chances are, they played with your money for a few weeks and then just gave it back!!

ohh faerie so sorry to hear about all the problems still and i hope it feels better to say to everyone on here but that is no way to treat a customer or anyone infact so i hope it gets sorted pronto

Sorry to read about your troubles Faerie and i'm glad you will be refunded, but it such a shame TJC can't keep their customers updated and we have to chase them to get our money back.

Mind you, I'd rather I had that problem rather than coping with IW and their fondness for upselling..

Latest posts

Back