Discount Club

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Has anybody else had a phone call about this? I was asked if I was pleased with the purchase I made months ago. Erm, yes, else you would have heard from me. Then the lady said....

A book is to be delivered to me with money off cd's, books, holidays etc

If I do nothing, I will have £99 taken off my credit card to join :confused:

So, if I don't want it, I have to send the book back with a freepost label and ring them to say I don't want to join. Why can't it be the other way round? :33:

I had something like this after I bought something from Bid TV.

To be honest, when it arrived, it wasn't something that I would make use of - the majority of retailers weren't ones that I use and I couldn't see that I would make enough purchases to make up for the fee.

There was no problem cancelling it though and I returned it by recorded delivery.

I had something like this after I bought something from Bid TV.

To be honest, when it arrived, it wasn't something that I would make use of - the majority of retailers weren't ones that I use and I couldn't see that I would make enough purchases to make up for the fee.

There was no problem cancelling it though and I returned it by recorded delivery.

I have a slight hunch I won't be interested either :lol:

We'll see :54:

Thanks dolly

I'm probably wrong, but I thought if something was sent to you totally unsolicited, you didn't have to pay for it, or pay to return it?????

:doggie:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=335889&forumid=2

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1053949

Dosent look very good, i thought Mike Saint could be trusted, Press Play Shopping is the site advertised on his channel isnt it, or maybe he dosent realise whats going on ?

When I purchased off Mike Saint's channel, Discount Shop TV, the advice note that came with the item had Pressplay Home Shopping heading on it. The travel steps brochure that I received has a small envelope with Pressplay Home Shopping Club and an address in Essex. Mike Saint's outfit is in Devon. Surely he knows about this :confused:

On the bottom of the letter it states: Pressplay Home Shopping Limited, t/as Travel Steps.....and the address in Essex

Mike Saint Home Shopping

I couldn't help but notice that Discount Shop TV no longer appears to be broadcasting on TV and Mike Saint has been very quiet of late.

:33:

Has his wonderful concept, a carbon copy of the channel he use to work for, gone belly up and anyone who ordered now being hassled to join a rip-off "club".

The Money Saving Expert website makes for an interesting read - actually it's quite worrying.

Latest posts

Back