Rosemary Conley 4 in 1 juicer blender

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

centipede

Guest Shopper
Hi, has anyone tried one of these? I was watching LE this morning and drifted into the cooking programme :rolleyes: (OH out!!) My daughter had an expensive juicer some time ago but sold it as it was a nightmare to clean the filter. This one looked easy and the other attachments looked useful too (although I already have a processor), even when the demonstrator managed to drop the contents having not screwed the top on properly :eek:
I nearly pressed the button but resisted - am trying not to be so impulsive. There's only one review on QVC and I can't find any others on internet for same machine.
Thanks.

Hi Centipede,

I have ordered this, as my juicer had has packed up. It looks a good deal with having the Blender and Grinder as part of the package as well. I ordered it yesterday so I am looking forward to it arriving. It comes with two recipe books, and I would like to try the smoothies. :D

I remember reading an interview with Nigel Havers once. He said he had bought a juicer - tried it and then had the most awful stomach pains that lasted three days. He went to see a doctor who said along the lines of 'what do you expect - you had the contents of the fruit bowl in ten seconds...'

Put me off juicers for life!

Haven't seen the demo but I imagine the fact it's a set is probably its saving grace.

I have to own to spasmodic use of my own juicer particularly in summer but it's a fantastic way of getting vegetables and fruit juices into sauces if you find the family doesn't care for them on the plate.

If you want this set mainly for the juicer it would be worth doing a search on the different types to give yourself a fair choice.

There's no strange technology between one simple juicer and another but the size of the aperture of the chute makes for ease and speed in juicing.

I opted for a single augur juicer which is a significant purchase....the juice not being extracted centrifugally is not subject to immediate destruction of enzymes and can be kept in a fridge for 48 hours.

My Living Juicer was purchased from QVC but was too expensive for the market. I was waiting for it to come up as a TSV having read up about it but the volume of sales was obviously not met. Happily one went on last clicks so I was content with my purchase.

I remember reading an interview with Nigel Havers once. He said he had bought a juicer - tried it and then had the most awful stomach pains that lasted three days. He went to see a doctor who said along the lines of 'what do you expect - you had the contents of the fruit bowl in ten seconds...'

Put me off juicers for life!

Oh Snuffles, that's funny - well, not for Nigel :(

Thanks for the info Tudor Rose, particularly about the enzymes. Yes, it is the juicer I'm after really and it seemed a good price and looked easy to clean. I'll wait for Dazzler's test-out and do a bit of research too :cool:

Cheers!

Oh Snuffles, that's funny - well, not for Nigel :(

Thanks for the info Tudor Rose, particularly about the enzymes. Yes, it is the juicer I'm after really and it seemed a good price and looked easy to clean. I'll wait for Dazzler's test-out and do a bit of research too :cool:

Cheers!

I will let you know Centipede if its any good. My other juicer was from QVC but the motor has packed up, and that one was easy to clean. I se it is waitlist now.. I only juice one type of fruit at a time, mainly apples.

i saw the demo for this. all the stuff that was being juiced was already cut up.

bad sign.

lets face it youre not going to cut stuff up before you put it in the machine are you?

the only juicer that ive seen demo'd that allowed you to put a WHOLE piece of fruit in was the jack la lane. Expensive but theres usually a reason.

apart from that i wouldnt put a penny in that hysterical cow conley's handbag.

I saw this juicer demonstrated twice, the first time was with Simon who put chunks of fruit in and commented that the fruit should be cut up and decored first but with the second demo and a diffrent presenter they put whole fruit in, so makes you wonder which is correct. I bought a cheapo value juicer (about £9) from Tesco, only drawback fruit needs to be cut up first, I'd like one that you just drop whole fruit in and out comes the juice, but its not worth me paying a lot of money. Interested to hear what you think of your juicer Dazzler.

I prefer to eat my fruit, so that I get the fibre. My digestive system needs all the fibre it can get! :)rolleyes:)

Linda

Bother I missed it - I don't think there'll be any more in (they said as much). Oh well, perhaps it's meant to be. Hope yours is good Dazzler, I'd still be interested to know what you think of it.

I not particulary bothered about cutting the fruit up a bit, BurlyBear, just more with something that's easy to clean; but you're right, you gets what you pays for.

Don't know anything about Rosemary Conley other she's some diet guru, but then I didn't know about Dennis Basso until I joined this forum !!

I saw this juicer demonstrated twice, the first time was with Simon who put chunks of fruit in and commented that the fruit should be cut up and decored first but with the second demo and a diffrent presenter they put whole fruit in, so makes you wonder which is correct. I bought a cheapo value juicer (about £9) from Tesco, only drawback fruit needs to be cut up first, I'd like one that you just drop whole fruit in and out comes the juice, but its not worth me paying a lot of money. Interested to hear what you think of your juicer Dazzler.

I thought it was Whole fruit that you could put in, like with Jack la lannes. Like you, the demo I saw, they put in Whole fruit. Although the juicer I have that packed up, you have to cut the fruit up before putting it down the shoot but you dont have to decore it. The price looked good on this one. I had both of Jack la lannes, but I agree with you £100 is alot for a juicer. The original Jack one was good, just a pain to wash, but I did not rate the second one he brought out with the non drip spout, as this one had smoke coming from it, so we sent it back.

Bother I missed it - I don't think there'll be any more in (they said as much). Oh well, perhaps it's meant to be. Hope yours is good Dazzler, I'd still be interested to know what you think of it.

I not particulary bothered about cutting the fruit up a bit, BurlyBear, just more with something that's easy to clean; but you're right, you gets what you pays for.

Don't know anything about Rosemary Conley other she's some diet guru, but then I didn't know about Dennis Basso until I joined this forum !!

I will let you know Centipede, as soon as it arrives, if its any good. Its the juicer bit I brought it for mainly.:D

Hi centipede I just wanted to update you on the juicer and also to anyone else that was interested in its performance. Mine has arrived and I used it for the first time last night. The juicer does work for whole fruit, no need to core just wash your fruit. It is very powerful and quick, the chute is nice and large for the whole fruit. Its very easy to clean. Its a well made item easy to assembly and take apart and wash I just ran mine uder hot water, it can go in the dishwasher. The pulp was nice and dry and lots of juice. It does not take up much room. There is a blender and two grinder pieces, it includes two booklets with recipes for healthy eating and also juicing recipes.

Yes as I thought it would be, a very good item, and worth the money so I would recomend it to all.;)

Thanks Dazzler for taking the time to let me know. I'm glad you're pleased with it; I think I might get one now.

Latest posts

Back