Mystic blue topaz and pearls (for a change)!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
I've been very busy with the whole Christmas thing, so I'm very late in posting the pics of last week's haul - sorry to the people I promised pictures to!!!

mysticblue010.jpg

The ruby is for hubby as a stocking filler. He's a complete grouch, I expect he'll hate it - but at £2 I couldn't say no!!!
The blue topaz - what can I say, WOW!! It's an amazingly solid piece of work and the stone is stunning like all the Sarah Bennett range. Another absolute bargain, very simple but with the X-Factor!

mysticblue016.jpg

My "star of the haul" award goes to this mystic blue bracelet. The look is absolutely amazing, so much stonework and the topaz are sooo bright they're almost neon. Absolutely love it, and it adjusts down to be nice and tight too. I was completely blown away by it on first sight. Highly recommended to everyone.

mysticblue018.jpg

Two mystic blue rings. I don't really know if I can pull off the big one, but I absolutely love it so it's staying!!! The east-west set one is lovely too, size seems to make a difference to how the mystic blue looks, with smaller ones being much brighter and larger ones more deep and mysterious. However, the e/w one is going to go to my friend, who has fallen in love with it - just as soon as I get a replacement, the culet is crushed and the coating gone on it.

mysticblue020.jpg

These are sweet little basket-fillers - I was worried they'd be a bit heavy, but they're smaller than I expected and don't drag on my ears at all. Citrine makes a bit of a change for me, and I love the moonstone pieces too, loads of schiller.

mysticblue024.jpg

I don't love this :( I really expected to, as it's such a beautiful stone - but I suspect I've learned recently that I like my neckware to be symmetrical, this isn't the first item to fall foul of my new rule! It's stunning, but I'd want to cut off the little sideways stone!! Was still tempted to keep it, but I decided it would annoy me too much, hopefully some new designs will come in future with the same stone and I'll get one of those instead. I also added the "hollow cord" - don't like it though, I don't think such heavy blackness suits around my neck.

mysticblue027.jpg

This is soooo sweet! I really like the way Sarah uses lots of circles in her designs and this one is just gorgeous. Manages a decent look without using much pearl.

mysticblue030.jpg

Another return I'm afraid. It's a bit daintier than I expected, but the main thing that turned me off is that pink pearl. I think if it was a much softer colour the pendant would be much improved.

mysticblue031.jpg

Possibly the ugliest item I've ever bought...
The colours are vile, the dying is a bit hit-and-miss, the pearls are dreadful quality, the shapes of them dig in and make it uncomfortable to wear and it catches my hair between them and pulls it out in clumps. I'd send it back even if it was free!!! Not recommended, can you tell??? lol

mysticblue034.jpg

Erm, just not what I expected. Very low price, but gone back anyway, I thought the "brillo pad" bit would be more 3-d. Just didn't inspire me to open the bag at all.

mysticblue036.jpg

Cute little bracelet this one, a bit different from my usual taste but I love it. I really am not a fan of multigem with the five usual suspects, but I like this one - maybe because the stones are set so separately and just one of each with a square theme. This one has also had to go back for replacement, the chain was fused solid at one end.

mysticblue039.jpg

Couldn't make up my mind whether to open these or not, but a scary look at my finances made the decision for me! Quite sweet, but not as substantial as I expected. Pretty MOP I have to say. At another time, I'd probably have thrown caution to the winds, but Xmas has hit my CC a bit too hard!

mysticblue040.jpg

If this had been the only mystic blue bracelet in my order, without question I'd have been delighted with it. Even with the other stunner, I was really torn about keeping it - you can never have too much bling...! lol But I actually think the chunky chain detracts from the stones - it really becomes the focal point when you wear it. I noticed that on a presentation on screen the other day as well, the chain is just too chunky I think. Anyway that same look at the CC statement sealed this one's return to Rocks towers!

I also had a London Blue Topaz money clip for my boss, but it had to be wrapped straight away so no time to take a pic - you've seen it loads of times anyway!

Can't believe I've started another basket, what am I like???

wow a very blue bling themed haul there :) i love that first topaz ring the cut on the stone is stunning will look out for that....wasn't a one off was it??

hi another nice haul,love the mystic blue and i think you do suit the large blue ring. i know what you mean about size i too got the snake earings and thought they would of been bigger but i am keeping as they are very different.

I'm very taken with the mystic blue topaz Anne, it's lovely.

Have to say I'm in total agreement about your comments on the pearls, that pink one spoils the drop, too artificial looking, and I don't know if it's the dental nurse in me but that necklace looks like a lot of teeth:11: I also bought the 'spud' pearl earrings on the brillo pad, but think I may have a go at re-setting them, again ridiculously cheap, and I couldn't bother to return them. Apologies to anyone who has them, but I'm afraid I don't like the hollow cord either.

Still, lovely keepers, well done!

:doggie:

Have to say I'm in total agreement about your comments on the pearls, that pink one spoils the drop, too artificial looking, and I don't know if it's the dental nurse in me but that necklace looks like a lot of teeth:11:
:doggie:

That was the very thing I thought when I saw that necklace too!!!

My favourite this time is the multi-gem bracelet....like you, I don't normally like multi-coloured items but I agree that it works with this piece. Is it very adjustable? I usually need a 7 3/4"-8" length in a bracelet.

[/B]

That was the very thing I thought when I saw that necklace too!!!

My favourite this time is the multi-gem bracelet....like you, I don't normally like multi-coloured items but I agree that it works with this piece. Is it very adjustable? I usually need a 7 3/4"-8" length in a bracelet.

It's not a big extender Perdy, just maybe 1/2 inch if you're lucky. I'd say short it sits around 7 1/4 so it might just work for you. All from memory sadly as it's gone for replacement so I can't measure.

Wow Anne I have had a delivery too today with a couple of mystic blue topaz have fallen in love with this beauty!!

I have the pendant and I love it! Tony (Well Haydn) managed to add the multi pearl pendant for me so I have now converted them to earrings.

Love the pearl necklace have not seen this one so guess what its gone on my wish list!!

Lovely haul Anne, Loving the Mystic Blue Topaz pieces....My latest fave gemstone! I have the pendant you received and a two stone ring at the moment, but also have a big square cut ring due tommorrow..fab stone isnt it? Enjoy wearing your pieces:)

youre so right Anne pendants/necklaces have to be symmetrical or they just look odd!!!! and pearls should not be vivid - pastel only was impressed with the MBT rings, was not sure - but liking that large design. watch stunning!!!!!:40:

Latest posts

Back