Pink Diamond Showcase

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
Anyone watch this at 12 o'clock?? I cannot believe that 3 people paid £2800+ for a pink diamond line bracelet set in 9ct!! :YIKES: The total diamond cwt was 1.90 and it was set with 75 stones so that would make them approx 21/2 pts each which is very small and going to be hardly noticeable set along an 8" bracelet. :rolleyes: Tis the season to be silly.....tra la la la la la la la laaaaa :52: :pPC:

Must have been the three (easy??) payments that enticed them. :3:

Was struggling to see the PD's myself. :14:

What did you think of the first red diamond cluster ring shown by Angeline...that went for £169 was it?

I missed that Sacha and tbh I won't pay more than £100 for anything set in 9ct. IMO for Gems to set coloured diamonds in 9ct just shows how low grade they must be. :pPC:

Last edited:
No Meesh it wasn't that one hon. It was a single line of diamonds in the normal line bracelet stylee and the colour wasn't that pink either. :rolleyes:

Was it this one Sue?

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UZK4058&category=preweb&colourScheme=2

It's in the shop for £2,990!!! :rolleyes:

I can't believe anybody would pay that!!!

As for the "red" diamond ring, it looked more brown/cognac to me! Do you remember when they had the proper red/pink loose diamonds? Those WERE red but they haven't had any since (and TJC "red" diamonds look brown to me also).

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UCD9013&category=preweb&colourScheme=2

Adina has just shown tonight's 8pm choice and it did rather look like the above bracelet, quite different to the one shown at mid-day. There's also an eternity style ring loaded with Pinkies.

But why are they all set in 9k gold? mysmilie_1456

I also thought the red diamond ring was a nice shade of russet brown....so I wasn't tempted! :21:
You have taught me well Meesh.
smiley20.gif

You have taught me well Meesh.
smiley20.gif

:10:

Ok, I've just got to do this ............. do you remember my red/pink diamond that I bought loose from Gems about 1 million years ago? If you do, you'll remember that I had set into a ring and hated the design? I've just had it re-set, here it is! Woohoo! Me likey lots! It's like a glitter ball!

DiamondRed4remake.jpg

WOW!!!! That's totally fabulous Meesh!!!! :YAY: If you ever get bored with it I'll buy it from ya or do some swapsies. :D :pPC:

:10:

Ok, I've just got to do this ............. do you remember my red/pink diamond that I bought loose from Gems about 1 million years ago? If you do, you'll remember that I had set into a ring and hated the design? I've just had it re-set, here it is! Woohoo! Me likey lots! It's like a glitter ball!

DiamondRed4remake.jpg

That is just beautiful Meesh, the colour is perfect. I shall form a (dis)orderly queue behind PPC. mysmilie_1436
The style puts me in mind of the one below in the attachment .........which is a big favourite.

I've just had a browse in the 'shop' and OMG it has shedloads of Pinkies, even earrings!
Now the fact that they are set in 9k gold, does that mean they are likely to be treated.....
as opposed to earlier ones that are a natural pink?

Also saw this one if anyone fancies treating their fella.....for £613 (shop price).

Attachments

• Green & White Diamonds 112112.jpg
    Green & White Diamonds 112112.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint Sue/Sacha but that baby's going nowhere! Since Don did the loose gems I've never seen any red/pinks like this again anywhere (and trust me I've searched)! I wish I'd bought more at the time but I honestly thought he was going to get them in again - oh well!

Sacha, well spotted on the design. I wear my green diamond ring all the time (love the design) and decided to copy it with the red/pink! The only difference is that it's slightly larger and the head is all white gold with the shank being yellow. I'm very impressed you remembered.

In terms of the pinkies that are on Gems at the mo I would think for the price they're selling for that they are natural pinks but I'd be interested to find out.

OMG

I just phoned and asked whether they're natural or irradiated. They're irradiated. That means they're ultra expensive for what they are and definitely not worth the money but it's silly season so I guess people will pay!

Many thanks for finding out that fact for us Meesh. I did wonder if this might be the case as they are set in 9k gold rather than 18k.

I see tonight's 10pm Showcase is for Pink Diamonds and having seen the promo, the pinkies do look a bit too pink to be natural.........hmmmm. Wonder if they'll disclose the fact that these are irradiated. :33:

I can't believe that they are selling at such high prices, they are more expensive than the natural pink diamonds that were set it 18k gold!
Wonder what people will be willing to pay for them after Christmas! mind you gems will probably push them for Valentines day!

Just watching the Pink Diamond showcase, prices seem very steep for 9k gold!

But I keep hearing Lynn say they are "Genuine pink diamonds".

Genuine?........ when they're irradiated? :33:

Yep totally agree.

Substantially overpriced and LYNN THEY ARE IRRADIATED!

Just by way of a comparitor - I bought a NATURAL pink diamond 0.48ct for £300 (admittedly it has inclusions) but the most gorgeous pink and is eye clean from eye to hand distance.

yes I agree the prices are a bit steep but for anyone new to pink diamonds or who has been after some for a while, I think they've got a nice selection of items on offer. some of us have been lucky enough to secure items at lower prices.

I think folks can become a bit stuffy about coloured diamonds and at the end of the day, a diamond that is pink and pops a slightly different range of colours back is just as pretty as the pink stone which has not been irradiated, especially if the buyer is not prepared to go down the path of putting together a piece of jewellery.

I love my pink pieces equally, both treated or untreated, and enjoy the actual experience of being lucky enough to have some in my collection and the pure joy of seeing them flash prettily on a sunny day or under my halogens.

Latest posts

Back