Opinions please on the Window Wizard?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I was looking at the Window Wizards yesterday and was interested in the one for double glazing, but when I saw the demonstration it didn't seem to work quite as well as the one for single glazing.

Then I looked at the reviews for it on the QVC website and 99% of people said the one for double glazing was rubbish.

I used one back in the mid 70's and thought it was fantastic and I really wanted to get one now for double glazing, but these reviews have put me right off.

Has anyone got one of the ones just for double glazing (purple ones)? If so, can you please tell me what you think of it?

By the way, I love the fact that Julia Roberts says: 'you've got nothing to lose if you try it for 30 days.' Yes you have, postage for receiving it and postage to send it back (apparently around £9!)

[NO DON'T DO IT, i NEARLY LOST MY FINGERS WHEN THE MAGNETS JAMMED TOGETHER, THEY ARE STRONG, THEN i ENDED UP DROPPING IT ON THE FLOOR AND BROKE IT[/SIZE]

I would like it to work but watching it at work during a demonstration and applying it to real window situations just isn't the same. In essence an excellent idea which needs improvement but it hasn't really changed much since the 70's apart from the introduction of an option for double glazing.

Mommabear is the forum expert on Window Wizard ;).

I expect she will be drawn to this thread like a magnet.....:D

But in all seriousness, the reports on here haven't been good in the past.
I wouldn't risk losing that P&P and return postage if I were you!

Thanks very much everyone for your helpful comments. It's such a shame as I used to love the one I used back in 'the old days' but as I say that was the red one, for single glazing. Ah well, never mind. :(

Thanks Marion :D

I had one.........it went in the bin, the best place for the useless piece of carp!

Save your money and your strength, cos if you don't leave them well separated, they bang together like nobody's business :rolleyes: never mind the mess they make of 'cleaning' the windows

Thanks Marion :D

I had one.........it went in the bin, the best place for the useless piece of carp!

Save your money and your strength, cos if you don't leave them well separated, they bang together like nobody's business :rolleyes: never mind the mess they make of 'cleaning' the windows

yeehayeeha

If you're really careful that you don't bang the magnets together while you're holding them, do they slam together hard when you put them on the inside and outside of the window (and therefore there might be a risk that the window could be damaged?)

Also, are the mauve ones rubbish at cleaning the window? Only the red ones (for single glazing) that I used to use were excellent and I loved using them.

I purchased a set of the window wizard things. The red ones for single glazing are ok and work wonders on my shower screen. However, my friend has a shower cibicle with sliding doors and she has trouble doing the door nearest the wall and has to use the cord thing to "secure" the one blade to the inside of the shower door. This doesn't work as the cord can get wet and slippery. She actually dropped her's and it cracked the shower tray as they are quite heavy. The purple ones for double glazing are really hard work. I just use them individually on my downstairs windows which means more work but I just don't trust them not to fall off. Not one of my better buys from QVC :(

If you're really careful that you don't bang the magnets together while you're holding them, do they slam together hard when you put them on the inside and outside of the window (and therefore there might be a risk that the window could be damaged?)

Also, are the mauve ones rubbish at cleaning the window? Only the red ones (for single glazing) that I used to use were excellent and I loved using them.

The magnets are very strong. I had to get my son to prise them apart. I just wish they would slam together when I'm watching the demo on telly and see how they cope with it :D

Once the sun shines on the window after you've cleaned them, you can see the smeared trail that the WW has taken. It needs a good polish off, which the WW can't do.

With regards to the WW for double glazed windows; I remember that there were also a number of people who reported that one half of the WW would fall off and then slam against the window, whilst suspended from the thread. Not sure that anyone actually broke a window though.

they were rubbish,ended up with a black finger nail as the magnets banged together and i lost the will to live after i hurt my hand and couldnt part them!!!and my windows looked worse..:mad:

Latest posts

Back