A quick question about craft clearance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maisie*daisy

Registered Shopper
Hi just a quick question .I know on the craft sale/clearance shows they state you dont get your club discount off the reduced price. BUT when I put my order through on the create and craft site my 10% club discount was applied. So the amount I was invoiced on line and the follow up confirmation email both showed the reduced price.

I received the order yesterday but the invoice in the parcel shows the full price.

My question. When I put my order through arent I authorising my credit card company to pay the price shown when I checked out my basket?(the reduced price). Can Ideal World then charge a higher price afterwards?

I know they told us on the show no discount,but this seems a bit dodgy to me .or am I way off base?

what do others think?

This would be one to take up with your Credit Card company .I wouldn't be happy thinking that I had authorized one amount and then being charged more. If this was allowed you would never know how much you where paying for goods they could add £100's and where would that leave you. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Having said all off that this is just one more reason NOT to shop with IW.

But the burning question is, what amount went onto your credit card?

If it was the higher amount, and the website explicitly told you that the discount was included in the final price, then you should have a case with Ideal World to be refunded the 10% since they advertised a set price at the checkout. Although the presenters clearly state during these shows that the discount does not apply, so whether they would defend or not I don't know.

MD they have to charge the price they advertise on TV or their website (or less), however, I am not sure there are rules covering internet transactions, the poor internet site is obviously to blame, it can't cope.

It is like for example, when I joined the Create & Craft club (no longer a member am glad to say) they added P&P of £9.90 for the Channel Islands, took me a month to get it back,

My wife found the hastle of getting the C & C discount such a bother, she too left it. You can buy better in your local Craft shop anyway, plus you can handle before you buy.

You are lucky! I can't buy better in my local craft shops at all. Generally speaking, I have always found C&C stuff to be much cheaper.
However, I do not buy enough to warrant being a C&C club member.

I'm not sure whats on my credit card yet theve been shut over xmas.I will be checking though.Its only a small amount fortunately ,I'll let you know how I get on.

My wife found the hastle of getting the C & C discount such a bother, she too left it. You can buy better in your local Craft shop anyway, plus you can handle before you buy.

wow where do you live? My craft shops are very expensive and there's no way I could buy cheaper from them. the internet...I agree is cheaper often and not the hassel of trying to ring Ideal World up.

Latest posts

Back