My Pet Hate!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
It hasn't taken the Rocks presenters very long to start with the histrionics has it? "Stop the music", "we're going to be in trouble now", "That price should be ....." etc etc. To be honest I haven't heard this nonsense much on TJC but Gems are really bad for it and now Rocks. This garbage about how they'll "be in trouble for selling at this price" really annoys me. Do they think we're stupid? Do they really think that we believe some producer sits in the gallery selling things at a price they decide on? Obviously they will have a note of the price they need to get for each item and it won't be left to one person to put the price as low/high as they want!! Then there's this constant going on and on and on about how rare Paraiba is, how they can't get any more, how the prices should be so much higher etc etc. I can't remember seeing a Paraiba which doesn't have a massive window and some presenters compare the prices to Brazilian Paraiba which is much more expensive and exclusive. Very misleading me thinks!!

Rocks I'm sorry to say that all the great PR you have done on here has been wasted by your non existent "Clearance Sale" and your very poor presenters. The lack of variety is so boring too but that could be slightly forgiven if your inventory improves in January as we are led to believe. I could put up with and excuse the initial computer teething troubles but the rest? Sorry I'm finding that a lot more difficult.

Yup!

Sad to say, I agree completely. Even their silver is getting very pricey... :53:

All the jewellery channels have hiked their prices in imho, at least 10%. Of course that's their prerogative, as it is mine to stop watching/buying!

At the moment I'm fishing on ebay. Got some nice Gems TV items there b4 Xmas, at much reduced prices.

Sad to say, I agree completely. Even their silver is getting very pricey... :53:

All the jewellery channels have hiked their prices in imho, at least 10%. Of course that's their prerogative, as it is mine to stop watching/buying!

At the moment I'm fishing on ebay. Got some nice Gems TV items there b4 Xmas, at much reduced prices.

I've virtually given up watching because of 'these' presenters. :31:

I'm an ebay know-nothing-whatsoever, is it okay, safe and economical to buy such pieces on ebay...and know where to find them?

Apologies for deviating Klos. :8:

Klos your observations are spot on again. I sit here listening to all that ridiculous carp and cannot believe that people can be taken in by it. ALL of the prices are pre-determined before the item is auctioned (which doesn't actually make it an auction :rolleyes:) and I know the channels will end a game prematurely if the desired price isn't looking like it's going to be reached. The dark haired Sam on Wocks ;) and Lynn on Gems are the two worst culprits and it really needs to be toned down before all credibilty is lost as even new watchers will catch on and get sick of all the hyperbole and get very wary of buying. :pPC:

Hi ppp,

Totally off on a tangent, but I love that word 'hyperbole'. Until I knew how to pronounce it, I used to say 'hyper-bowl' erm....:33::1:

I'll go now...

Latest posts

Back