Are you going and where are you staying/eating?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacky

Registered Shopper
Having got the e-mail about the Open Day - have you decided where to stay if staying Monday night, and where to eat?

As it's 11am - 4pm I would come up on Monday and stay overnight, and go back straight after...

I enquired at Steve's hotel and their restaurant is closed on Monday nights...also tbh it's rather expensive for B&B compared to others...(no discount offered so far lol!)

The other places on the e-mail look OK for B&B but for meals the reviews don't look too good...So it looks like finding somewhere local to eat. I've e-mailed Help and asked for names of local eateries - unless any of you have local knowledge?

I could find somewhere to eat on my own of course, but would be nice if some of us stayed in the same place, or we could meet at an eating place...

Any ideas please?

Last edited:
11.00am?????? Looks like it's going to be a really early start for me BH lol

:doggie:

I'm leaving from Surrey, via Bucks to collect Sammi, then through Oxon to pick up BH.

I'll just have to leave a bit earlier than I thought Sammi, will do the route planner on Thursday and let you know what time I'll be by - be on the kerb ready, as I'll only be slowing down long enough for you to jump in :4:

Having got the e-mail about the Open Day - have you decided where to stay if staying Monday night, and where to eat?

As it's 11am - 4pm I would come up on Monday and stay overnight, and go back straight after...

I enquired at Steve's hotel and their restaurant is closed on Monday nights...also tbh it's rather expensive for B&B compared to others...(no discount offered so far lol!)

The other places on the e-mail look OK for B&B but for meals the reviews don't look too good...So it looks like finding somewhere local to eat. I've e-mailed Help and asked for names of local eateries - unless any of you have local knowledge?

I could find somewhere to eat on my own of course, but would be nice if some of us stayed in the same place, or we could meet at an eating place...

Any ideas please?

Jacky, contact your local 'tourist information centre' Their number should be in the phone book. They will contact the nearest centre to 'Rocks' & give you a list of inspected accomodation. Just tell them your price range etc. They will even make the booking for you & you can often get a better deal going through them than booking directly. They should also be able to recommend places to eat.

Hope this helps.

Jacky, Rocks is very close to Redditch which will have all the Best Westerns, Travelodges etc plus B&B's. Redditch has lots of new housing but the surrounding villages are quaint and pretty in the main so a village pub may be a good bet. There's always my Sister's if all your vaccinations are up to date and you don't mind rats. :D

I'm totally gutted as I now can't come and i've been looking forward to it for ages!!

Hope you all have a great day take some piccies and post em on here :)

Wibbly

I've just emailed Jacky, but thought I would put the list of restaurants on here too:

Nice Pub / Restaurant:
The Boot Inn - 01527 852192
Birmingham Road, Mappleborough Green, Studley, B80 7BJ

Gastropub:
The Bluebell Gastropub - 01564 793049
93, High St, Henley-In-Arden, Warwickshire B95 5AT

Nice Thai Restaurant:
Thai Cottage - 01564 795666
64, High St, Henley-In-Arden, Warwickshire B95 5BX

Nice Italian:

La Dolce Pizza - 01564 795001
30, High St, Henley-In-Arden, Warwickshire B95 5AN

Nice Indian:
Rileys - 01527 60544‎
1B Alcester St, Redditch, B98 8AE

Nice Chinese:
Summer Palace - 01527 85 7118‎
Birmingham Road, Mappleborough Green, Studley, B80 7DE

Hope that helps.

What time will you leave M4G? You're about 1 1/2 hours nearer than me, maybe more...

I'll do an AA route planner, (www.theaa.com) then I'll know what time to leave, but as I'll be using the M25 then the M40, who knows what the traffic will be like, it'll all depend on that and the weather Jacky.

Jacky, Rocks is very close to Redditch which will have all the Best Westerns, Travelodges etc plus B&B's. Redditch has lots of new housing but the surrounding villages are quaint and pretty in the main so a village pub may be a good bet.

There's always my Sister's if all your vaccinations are up to date and you don't mind rats. :D

mysmilie_1456..........mysmilie_1537

...am saying nowt! :mysmilie_770.gif:

hi jacky as i am local only 25 mins from rocks roughly i can suggest 1 or 2 places too eat which also have accommodation next door within 40 mins drive or less if this is any help i am not sure however on the cost of accommodation but food price very reasonable. daz 10

you may want 2 try the little owl pub which does sit down meals and has a hotel next door but not sure on the cost of this

am in Stirling, prob will take the last train on Mon and have some long waits in stations between changing trains and arrive @9am...and have 2 hrs to prevent me losing my way...fingers Xed LOL

Oooh, glad you're coming alupha - are you sleeping on the train then????

Think I'll give your sister's a miss thanks Basket! :46:(Is it that bad lol...)

Thanks all, for the other info - I'll sort something out...:14:

OK - have booked a room at The Stag at Redhill, just outside Stratford...It's on my way up, more or less...Looks OK for one night at £40, and can get a meal there on the Mon. eve...

Hope to see you all on Tues...:1:

Latest posts

Back