Has anyone...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hollybee

Registered Shopper
...ever had R&C cancel your sale and sell the gem that you had previously paid for? Because I have. I kid you not. I bought a gem from the ONE range - a beautiful, large green tourmaline that cost £350. Payment was approved by my bank and I was given a reference number. When the gem wasn't delivered I contacted R&C only to be told that they had "canceled the sale" and "sold the gem to someone else". Upon asking why they had done this, they could not give me a reason that made any sense. Apparently, they thought I had spent "too much money over too short a period of time". :12: Never mind the fact that all my payments had gone through without problem; never mind the fact that all my payments bar two are made in the equivalent of cash (via Maestro), someone there arbitrarily decided to do this. I was so upset, I cried (not while on the phone, but afterwards). To this day they have NEVER apologised for doing this.

Do not even get me started on the fiasco that they call customer service. I have been waiting for more than TWO WEEKS for one of my orders and their attitude seems to be "we will post it when we get around to it". Why commit to delivering in 3-5 days if you cannot do it? That is very poor practice. And then there is the sale that isn't a sale at all! The prices for some of their stuff actually went up - and they kept saying the price had never been lower! Er..I bought some of those things for less when they weren't on sale!

Deary me.

I am buying from Gems at the moment - they really are giving their stuff away (but their sale ends today).

I have spent thousands of pounds with R&C but I do not feel valued as a customer. Of course, the amount you spend should not dictate how you are treated but they should at least behave like they WANT my business, shouldn't they? They shouldn't treat me like a thief when there has never been a problem with my payments. I am so angry with them that whether they decide they do or don't want my business, from now on I will NEVER shop with them again. But I will continue to watch John if he is around because he has me in stitches!

Oh I agree, it is impossible to talk to Gems TV customer service at the moment but thankfully I haven't had to. That said, when I ran into difficulty with the automated telephone service, I was able to speak to someone straight away. When I rang looking for someone on customer service to help with a website problem (I couldn't combine some web purchases with my existing order), it was like tumbleweed. In the end it sorted itself out.

Hopefully things will improve when their sale is over but I have no complaints personally. I buy today, it's shopped that day and I get it tomorrow. AND I am told it's coming. If only Rocks could do the same.

I am going to write in with a formal complaint. I doubt they will give a toss but I am going to do it anyway. Not that it stopped me purchasing more expensive items - I bought a ruby bracelet from the ONE range too. But I really have had it now because they don't seem to be able to manage their stock properly. They frequently bring things out to sell and then apologise for not being able to sell them after all. I am not convinced they will care about losing my money. I have bought things then found that they don't have the item in stock and rather than contacting me, they have delayed my orders, sometimes for weeks on end. In one case it was a black opal (a big one, full of reds); on another it was a kunzite pendant.

Not good.

So sorry to hear you're very upset with Rocks&Co Hollybee and quite rightly so, it seems. I've been wondering
where Rocks&Co.Coo is, he doesn't seem to have posted since mid December and the Rocks&Co Helper hasn't been
around in a while either. But both of them seemed to be willing, in the past, to help when folks had problems with their orders.

A few peeps have had items removed from their baskets before they've had time to check them out, which was both
disappointing and infuriating for them!

I hope you get at least an apology and a logical explanation.

Re GemsTV CS, I needed to ring them the other day and was answered immediately and given the necessary help,
so my money's still with them for the time being. :)

Hi Hollybee. I too am really sorry to hear what happened to you - disgraceful! I was probably Rocks & Co's biggest ambassador on here, always sticking up for them and making excuses for their problems but sadly I lost faith when their "Clearance Sale" most certainly wasn't!! Clearance I mean - the prices IMHO went up instead of down! I'm also very disappointed that nobody from Rocks has bothered to make comment for a long time. Yes I know it's been holiday time with Christmas and New Year but that ended at the beginning of the week when the majority of people returned to work and yet still no comments.

I have quite a few pieces from Rocks and apart from the gold weight being very stingy I have been very pleased with them however now I've started to wear some of them the lack of gold is bothering me and that together with the price increases has put me off a lot.

Good luck with your purchases from Gems TV - I have enough of their pieces to open my own shop but for various reasons I don't shop there any more either! Never mind - I'm saving a fortune!

Hello, I am new to R&C and I must admit some things do seem a bit suspect to me. I was watching over the last few days and they had on one evening the most amazing One collection Ring. It was Tanzanite in white gold with baguette diamonds either side of it, it was stunning. This was not a timed auction and it went right down to £949 then SOLD. The very next evening with John Scott the very same ring appeared and this time sold in a timed auction for the grand sum of ........................£1649 :33: So what happened there, did they cancel someone's order because they thought, hang on, that really is far to little for this ring!!!!!!

I still think that they have some amazing pieces though and only wished that I had had the money to steel that one away when it was shown!

I have just received my first purchased items today which are in AAA Tanzanian Ruby all in flower design. I ordered 2 rings to compare, one is a round daisy style and the other ring is still flower design but spreads down the length of the finger. The rubies are lovely but the daisy style one, the gold band and setting leaves a lot to be desired! It is so very very thin and flimsy, needless to say that I won't be keeping that one. The other ring is just gorgeous and I will be keeping this one. I also ordered the earrings and pendant to match. The pendant is the tiniest thing I have ever seen and will be going back, the earrings I have to say are by far the best value for money out of all the items as they are quite a good size. My only dilemma is I have a jaw length bob and no one ever sees my ears, so are they worth keeping!!!!:confused:

I have added a pic of the Tanzanite ring I mentioned. Oh and also the pieces I bought.

Attachments

• Tanz.jpg
    Tanz.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Rubyearrings.jpg
    Rubyearrings.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 167
  • RubyFRing1.jpg
    RubyFRing1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 180
  • RubyFRing2andpendant.jpg
    RubyFRing2andpendant.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 171
So sorry to hear you're very upset with Rocks&Co Hollybee and quite rightly so, it seems. I've been wondering
where Rocks&Co.Coo is, he doesn't seem to have posted since mid December and the Rocks&Co Helper hasn't been
around in a while either. But both of them seemed to be willing, in the past, to help when folks had problems with their orders.

Just what I've been thinking Sacha.

t1ger

If I were you I would keep the earrings. When your hair swings people will get a glimpse of them. Also, when you tuck your hair behind your ear(s) (which you might want to do from time to time!). Plus us women are constantly changing our hair so you may well end up going longer or shorter, in which case you will be able to style your hair in such a way as to show off your earrings. I would keep them.

As to the auctions, some of the ONE items are not as exclusive as we are being led to believe they are. I bought the first ruby bracelet in the ONE range - it weighs in at around 50 cts and I think the starting price was in the £12k region. It went down to £1500 but for some reason no one would buy it. Several drops later, I ended up getting it for a steal. The next day I saw the SAME bracelet being presented but it went for twice as much as I paid for it! My first thought was they had sold my bracelet out from under me for more money (which is what I suspect happened with the Tourmaline). I called up customer services, told them about the Green Tourmaline ring fiasco and made it clear that if they had done that to me again, I would be canceling every outstanding order with them. Needless to say I received my bracelet...

In my case there were at least three ONE bracelets in the style I bought. So be aware that the designs are not as exclusive as we are all being led to believe they are in some cases.

Hi Hollybee,

Firstly, I apologise for issues you have had.

If you would PM me your name, address and postcode, then I can look into your account and address the problem with you.

Again, just PM me and I will get your issues sorted! :D

Ohh - Happy New Year to all. :D

Regards,

Andrew
Rocks & Co. COO

Thanks Hollybee, I think I am more or less convinced on the earring front and being me, it is more than likely that my hair will be different in a week or so anyway :p

I am really starting to think that the ONE collection is not the ONLY one of it's kind. I know from watching today that they use the exact same design but just with a different gem. Between 2 and 3 today they had 2 One collection rings, identical but one Tanzanite, the other Emerald. If something is being sold as Exclusive that is what I would expect, no other like it in the world! Changing the gem doesn't really cut it for me as exclusive. This still wont stop me buying that ultimate Tanzanite ONE ring when I have the money, sorry when my hubby does!!!!!

Thanks Hollybee, I think I am more or less convinced on the earring front and being me, it is more than likely that my hair will be different in a week or so anyway :p

I am really starting to think that the ONE collection is not the ONLY one of it's kind. I know from watching today that they use the exact same design but just with a different gem. Between 2 and 3 today they had 2 One collection rings, identical but one Tanzanite, the other Emerald. If something is being sold as Exclusive that is what I would expect, no other like it in the world! Changing the gem doesn't really cut it for me as exclusive. This still wont stop me buying that ultimate Tanzanite ONE ring when I have the money, sorry when my hubby does!!!!!

They use the same designs between the ONE range and the R&C Collection too but the R&C Collection uses AAA gems. I noticed that the other day with the Tanzanite ring that was designed to look like an eye (did anyone see that one?).

Latest posts

Back