MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
I just received another "consignment" today, and I now have:

6 pendants
5 rings
4 bracelets
2 pairs of earrings​
in rainbow moonstone from Rocks & Co!

(excluding those I've sent back - I'm quite fussy).

All of them are gorgeous.

Can anyone give me the address for Rainbow Moonstone anonymous?!

I tell you what I'd REALLY like - one of those One Collection necklaces with a huge diamond clasp and all the little briolettes in rainbow moonstone... Rocks & Co, if you do have one of those, IT'S MINE!

:)

Have you seen rainbow topaz yet? I bought a ring from R&C and it was gorgeous. And I just found out about rainbow quartz and bought this pendant from Gems too:

139566.jpg

I fear I am going to become a Rainbow Quartz junkie myself!

By the way, are you that shopper whose name begins with "P"? If so, John always makes a point of singling you out when Rainbow Moonstone is up for grabs!

By the way, are you that shopper whose name begins with "P"? If so, John always makes a point of singling you out when Rainbow Moonstone is up for grabs!

Yup - that's me!

I do like rainbow topaz and rainbow quartz, but they're not much like the rainbow moonstone.

Rainbow moonstone isn't really "rainbow" - it looks clear from some angles, with a bright blue schiller that "floats" on the surface when you look in the right direction. This is a 100% natural property of the gem (unlike the rainbow topaz and quartz, which are treated).

Thanks. I did buy a Rainbow Moonstone cross from R&C but there was only a very faint schiller. It looked like glass from most angles. I sent it back :(

It can be a bit touch and go - that's true. In my experience, the schiller seems to show up better with slightly larger stones.

Are we going to see some piccies Miss M or links if that's not feasible? :1:

Lovely RQ pendant Hollybee, it has a veritable kaleidoscope of colours and very pretty design.

I just received another "consignment" today, and I now have:
6 pendants
5 rings
4 bracelets
2 pairs of earrings​
in rainbow moonstone from Rocks & Co!

(excluding those I've sent back - I'm quite fussy).

All of them are gorgeous.

Can anyone give me the address for Rainbow Moonstone anonymous?!

I have kept thinking about looking at some Rainbow Moonstone but never saw a piece that caught my eye, until now! I am awaiting delivery of:

839 129 - earrings
670 173 - Pendant

Now if only they will do a ring that matches!

Which pieces do you have?

Hope you love them, Tiger!

If you really want me to, when I have time I'll go through my online account details and list the ones I have.

This is my favourite - and most expensive - piece:

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=267 252

(Needless to say, the pic doesn't begin to do it justice.)

Wow that is gorgeous, I bet it was well worth the money though.
Don't go to any trouble but if you get time, it would be nice to take a peak at what you have in your collection
:1:

My pendant is out for delivery today, so I will let you know what it is like and if it will be making the long journey back to Rocks or not!

Wow P, that is a stunning piece and I too would love to see links to your other pieces. I'm glad to see you have publicly owned up to your addiction - after all, this is the first step on the road to recovery! Mind you, I'm sure you look stunning in them and I have a feeling you have no desire for recovery whatsoever. Wear them all in good health!

T1ger, rainbow moonstones are VERY variable in the amount of blue schiller they display, and a good amount of schiller is what you're looking for. Having said that, the stones on that pendant and earrings are quite small, and it my experience the colour shows up better with slightly larger (but not too large) stones.

If you love the design but think they're not the best stones, my best advice would be to PM Rocks&CoCOO (his name is Andrew, by the way) via this forum, explain the problem and let him have your phone number. He'll then get in touch with you, and will no doubt agree to have a look in the warehouse to see if there are any better ones in stock there - he's ultra-helpful, and has done that a couple of times for me.

And if you REALLY want to see my collection (to date!), here are the item numbers. (I couldn't be bothered to try and do links for all of them, since it doesn't always seem to work - you'll have to put the item numbers in the Historic Product Search at the bottom of the page on the Rocks & Co website.)

Rings
889 636
003 978
031 916
328 070
274 478
332 056​

Pendants
492 483
168 850
488 427
882 566
375 888
184 289
431 882
009 421​
Bracelets
854 264
267 252
605 936
253 418​

Earrings
641 793​

The funny thing is, I have ordered plenty of other gemstones from Rocks & Co, but almost all of them have gone back - not because they weren't great quality and value, but (unlike the rainbow moonstones) they just didn't scream "keep me"!

T1ger, rainbow moonstones are VERY variable in the amount of blue schiller they display, and a good amount of schiller is what you're looking for. Having said that, the stones on that pendant and earrings are quite small, and it my experience the colour shows up better with slightly larger (but not too large) stones.

If you love the design but think they're not the best stones, my best advice would be to PM Rocks&CoCOO (his name is Andrew, by the way) via this forum, explain the problem and let him have your phone number. He'll then get in touch with you, and will no doubt agree to have a look in the warehouse to see if there are any better ones in stock there - he's ultra-helpful, and has done that a couple of times for me.

I love 328 070, 184 289 & 641 793. What you say about the schiller and the stone size makes sense. I think I will wait for the earrings and see what they are like, if they are better then I will message Andrew.

Is it me or do they not seem to have had much of it available lately!

Thanks for the advise :1:

Is it me or do they not seem to have had much of it available lately!

I'd noticed that, too - that's why I've been buying it while I can!

There are quite a few pieces on the website, by the way - I'd strongly recommend taking a look.

I'd noticed that, too - that's why I've been buying it while I can!

There are quite a few pieces on the website, by the way - I'd strongly recommend taking a look.

As soon as we say that, they have had lots more now! My earrings arrived and they are fabulous. I have decided to keep the pendant and the earrings, just want a nice ring to match now. Easy to see why you have such an addiction!!! Problem with me is, I am addicted to loads and loads and I just can't stop buying. I am snowed in today so guess what I am doing, spending yet again. Just bought some lovely black diamond earrings. I must stooopppp, I think I will go build a snowman :1:

Latest posts

Back