appauling delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PGK

Registered Shopper
I suddenly remembered why I haven't ordered from IW for ages. My partner ordered 2 things 2 weeks ago so I have regularly been checking on delivery well 1st expected delivery date was 6th Jan Now its 15th Jan noticed on the invoice thing they have on screen that the packages r being sent 2 my old address, I moved from there 18 months ago & changed my details online then.I honestly think it would of been quicker for me 2 walk 2 Peterbourough & get the goods.

I suddenly remembered why I haven't ordered from IW for ages. My partner ordered 2 things 2 weeks ago so I have regularly been checking on delivery well 1st expected delivery date was 6th Jan Now its 15th Jan noticed on the invoice thing they have on screen that the packages r being sent 2 my old address, I moved from there 18 months ago & changed my details online then.I honestly think it would of been quicker for me 2 walk 2 Peterbourough & get the goods.

They once sent my order to the wrong address - next door, different house name and everything.

On a positive note, I ordered an item of jewellery after midnight on Tues/Wed early hours and lo and behold it arrived today.

I'm sure that this is the best service I have received from any shopping telly channel .

It would be nice to think that this is the way forward with Ideal World but I'm not so sure!

Hmph! I ordered some Chef Tony's knives which were supposed to be delivered on the first of this month. They haven't turned up and the website says 'awaiting despatch'. No answer to my email either.

I'm pretty much in the same position as Calico. My delivery date online is 1st Jan, but then it says awaiting stock (delivery date has not been updated) and it's nearly mid-Jan and still nothing. Trouble is I hate calling IW - I've always felt like I'm saying "could you tell me when I can expect the parcel?" and they reply "Yes, it's lovely today, isn't it?", i.e. can't have a reasoned conversation with them.

Trouble is I hate calling IW - I've always felt like I'm saying "could you tell me when I can expect the parcel?" and they reply "Yes, it's lovely today, isn't it?", i.e. can't have a reasoned conversation with them.

You did give me a chuckle twomachines! It's like having a parallel conversation. The last time I ever phoned customer services to request their freepost address to return a faulty item, I heard the guy I was talking to say to a colleague "you'd think I'd know this address off by heart now". Obviously had lots of requests for it.

I can never understand this "awaiting stock" excuse anyway. They make a huge drama about stopping demoing things on their shows because they are "not allowed to demonstrate things they don't have in stock" and yet we're expected to accept this excuse for non-delivery! In addition, I reckon the tracking thing on our Order Pages is just a "let's keep the bu**ers quiet" thing - I have received hardly anything in the time frame given. I made an order (yes, I know, REALLY stupid!) on Sunday and it's still marked 'in progress' which is at least one step before 'awaiting dispatch' which in turn is before 'dispatch confirmed', before last stage 'Invoiced'!! How much of that is meaningful, and how long does it take to stick an address label onto something if they genuinely do have to have things in stock?

My items ordered 27.12.08 are today showing status as deleted, they apparently have no more stock, but are not automatically refunding your money, they actually asked me if l would like a refund, see my deleted order post. Am absolutely furious .

Latest posts

Back