Vita-mix 5000 and other overpriced products.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Selling uber-expensive items like a blender for £400, is not going to aid idel world in thistime of financial stress. Consumers are feeling the pinch as well and are, therefore, cutting back on unnecessary purchases.

it did amuse me that a selling feature was mushing up your peelings for compost on a machine costing £400 :eek2: I'd want it to wake me up,cook my breakfast and drive me to work for that.

it did amuse me that a selling feature was mushing up your peelings for compost on a machine costing £400 :eek2: I'd want it to wake me up,cook my breakfast and drive me to work for that.

Isn't that what husbands/boyfriends/grown up children are for:33:?

:doggie:

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I actually think the vitamix is a great product.

I bought one about 4 years ago after doing a lot of research, I bought it from a show and paid £390 for it. I bought it because I wanted to increase the amount of raw fruit and veg and whole food in my diet.

It's by far the best kitchen gadget I have ever bought, and I've used it pretty much twice a day since the day I got it, I've had other blenders, the vitamix is not the same. Other blenders do a decent job of fruit, and if you only want to make fruit smoothies you probably don't need a vitamix, but when you include vegetables and greens the vitamix is in another league.

I probably sound like I work for vitamix but I don't, I just think it's a great product, but for 99% of people it will probably sit in the back of a cupboard after a couple of weeks, as the new years healthy eating resolutions fade into memory, in which case it would be a very bad buy and a total waste of money.

I was very surprised to see it on Ideal World, and I'm surprised they sold any, however, I would think some of the people who receive it, provided they are seriously wanting to improve their health and diet, are going to love it like I do.

I've been following these forums for a while, but I'm a bit shy and have only just registered prompted by understandable negativity of this product.

Sorry to have ranted on for so long!

Julie

They need high quality, top of the range items as well as the lower proced stuff that they do. They need to try and cover all markets not just the low end stuff.

Saying that they should not sell expensive items like this is like saying any shop that sells expensive items might as well close down as well.

There are still people who are happy to put down money on items like this as they know they are good at what they do and they will last for many years and not need constant replacing which can make a cheap item expensive over time.

Alan

I thought the Magimix was the best invention ever and you can do away with your huge blender , they seem to have changed there tune again :52:

They need high quality, top of the range items as well as the lower proced stuff that they do. They need to try and cover all markets not just the low end stuff.

Saying that they should not sell expensive items like this is like saying any shop that sells expensive items might as well close down as well.

There are still people who are happy to put down money on items like this as they know they are good at what they do and they will last for many years and not need constant replacing which can make a cheap item expensive over time.

Alan

Not all shops which sell expensive items are having money problems. I don't claim to be a financial expert but, even I know that, in this current economic climate, trying to get consumers to spend £400 on a non-essential item is not going to be too easy. It would be a different case if a boiler needed replacing; people would have no choice but to spend a couple of thousand pounds to enable them to have heat and water. If you need a blender, although it probably won't be of the same quality as a vita-mix, a cheaper model would do the same basic job - pureeing soup, making milkshakes, gravy and egg mixes and even juices.
QVC could afford to take a risk on the product not being such a good seller; Ideal World is not, financially, equipped to handle a huge financial loss. This was my point.

The thing I found quite amazing about the VitaMix was when he filled it to the brim with fruit and ice, then left it running inside a sound-proof box for ages and ages. Shouldn't it have just taken a minute or two?
The other thing was that despite the super-duper speed and ultra sharp blade, you still needed to use a stick to mix it all with.
It just doesn't seem to warrant the cost imho.

I've been following these forums for a while, but I'm a bit shy and have only just registered prompted by understandable negativity of this product.
Julie

That's what it's all about if you see something you think is wrong speak up,welcome from me :)

I was just posting about this company as I bought a Bamix from there cheaper than IW. I was checking nobody else had posted about this and stumbled across this thread on Vita-Mix 5000.

Juiceland are selling it at £399 delivered, I dont own one nor have I ordered one but I noticed it as they have it listed on every page of their website.

http://www.juiceland.co.uk/page--5000-Blender-Offer--5000.html

Latest posts

Back