Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or do others feel uneasy about some of their purchases? Sometimes I think that I have not been the first person to receive a product -stains/marks. I now always closely inspect anything I get because I am not totally confident that it is not a return. Does anyone else feel the same?

I have had that feeling, however customer services told me on various occasions they don't send out returns!?

I've often wondered what happens to their returned earrings. I'd hate to think I got a pair that had been returned after they'd been in someone elses ears. :eek:

I got a jewellery box once that I think had been returned. It was badly damaged so I sent it back as well. I got a pair of earrings and as soon as I opened the package I got the feeling they were returns - sure enough one of them was bent - made a speedy return to QVC again. I would never order earrings now. :eek:

Customer Services always say reassuring things. They obviously say what they are told to say but they don't actually work in the warehouse and returns section to observe what actually happens there. I will continue to check what I receive very carefully. Obviously, I care more about personal care items than I would about a necklace and I agree about the earring anxiety. :(

So what (offically) does happen to returned earrings then - I've often wondered that. Are they sold at the outlets? Do they get sold to a trader?

I received a set of Models Prefer lipsticks last week and as soon as I opened it I knew it had already been returned because the plastic bag that wrapped it was taped up with sellotape :(
I phoned CS and they said that it must have been put in the wrong place by mistake.
She asked if I wanted another one but I said unless she could guarantee that it wouldnt be faulty and that someone hadnt already had it then I didnt want it

returns

hi everyone, I'm new.
Ref returns, I have definetly had used items sent to me, most recently a ring which was similar to the one ordered though had dirt inside and scratches, sent it straight back and had to ring CS later as they did not give me back the postage.
Is it me or is it infuriating that when it is their error WE pay the postage back on non reciept forms?

I'm feeling the same way about earrings too. I don't know what happens with them, but I'm sure I have heard a presenter say that they are not sent out again, that they are returned, but I can't see it myself. They would loose too much money on them surely?

I received a Butler Wilson bracelet that had someone elses return slip in the box,with name & address etc :eek:

Even if the earrings are returned to the supplier it doesn't guarantee that they won't simply dispatch them to QVC again. I think that I will stick to buying earrings from a shop that doesn't accept returns unless it is a brand new TSV.

I have ordered earrings twice - they looked fine but I will never order again as they never give any assurance that earrings are not resold.
I also never buy anthing that sells out and then a few appear back in a few days later - so I never put anything on waitlist. I think there's a much higher chance you'll get a second hand item.
I am SURE they do send out returns.

I ordered one of the leather Kipling bags, firstly the monkey was missing, and secondly inside one of the pockets was some one elses lipstick, cs said they dont send out returns, so perhaps some one in the packing department etc, had taken the monkey and wears Lipstick :confused:

hi everyone, I'm new.
Ref returns, I have definetly had used items sent to me, most recently a ring which was similar to the one ordered though had dirt inside and scratches, sent it straight back and had to ring CS later as they did not give me back the postage.
Is it me or is it infuriating that when it is their error WE pay the postage back on non reciept forms?

If an item is faulty, or if it simply does not show up, we DON'T pay postage, surely? I've had a few items I had to send back or report missing and have had no problem getting a refund on the full cost including postage. If the item is faulty, you ring up and ask for a returns form etc, and a pre-paid label. No problem. Obviously, if we decide we don't like something, or change our minds or whatever, then fair enough pay the postage. Otherwise people would just order countless items to try without considering whether they really wanted them.
The only time I have had a problem was on a non-delivery when the refund did not include the cost of postage. I rang up and they sorted it out straight away, full of apologies. I've also noticed that they seem to be processing refunds a bit quicker at the moment. I can honestly say that, so far, I have never had a single problem with QVC that was not easily and quickly rectified.
And before I get accused of working for them (as I did last year when some very cynical people could not believe I could be so positive without being in their pay); I do not. I have never worked for QVC and don't intend to in the future. Nor, to my knowledge, do any of my family or friends!

I'm feeling the same way about earrings too. I don't know what happens with them, but I'm sure I have heard a presenter say that they are not sent out again, that they are returned, but I can't see it myself. They would loose too much money on them surely?

They could, I suppose clean them, disinfect them etc first. Like a jewellery version of NN hypocleaning?

My Mum recently bought some earrings in a posh jewellers in Belgium and they let her try them on in her ears. She tried a couple of pairs, the one she didn't want went into a cleaner. It was no big deal.

Did the cleaner look nice in them ?

:rolleyes:
LOL!
Very good, very clever.

Seriously, though, I don't know what it was precisely, but it looked very effective and seemed such a good idea. I can't imagine, unless, they send them back, take the stones out, melt down the gold and start over, there is anything else they can do. Perhaps they just don't get many returns of earrings. I imagine a good soak and scrub in surgical spirit might do the trick. Nothing will survive that, surely?

I have had stuff thats definitely been returned, obviously either QVC are lying, or they have no idea what is going on at the warehouse, my guess is its really the former, it seems to be standard practice nowadays for companies to get involved in bad practices and then claim that it was the fault of one or two bad employees.... pull the other one.
I am a little alarmed at where QVC are going, why do they continue to sell items that have atrocious reviews such as the magnetic window cleaners, and the recent TSV floor steam cleaner, now when they say a product is great quality I don't believe them ( I used to ), my confidence in their integrity has been severely dented.

You don't pay postage to send it back, If you call them they will send out a free returns label. BUT you should make sure you get your p&p back in with your refund.

Latest posts

Back