So ANGRY!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I've just spent ages trying to buy a clearance ring on the website. It wouldn't let me add to basket and I kept getting only half a screen. Eventually I decided to phone them ( which is always a gruesome experience) and got through to the automated order line. Right at he end of the torturous process I got cut off and had to wait for ages to speak to someone who couldn't understand me and told me to phone back! By this time I was inwardly screaming and when I finally got through to someone the ring in my size had sold out! I must be insane coz I've ordered the next size up! Why oh why do I never learn to avoid "Ideal " world like the plague? I know it was a bargain but is the rise in blood pressure worth it? Will it even turn up? Will I like it if it does? I'm off to have a large glass of wine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear PetPixie, I really hope it's worth all the trouble.

The big glass of wines sounds like a good idea!!

:doggie:

Thanks Mad4gems! I'm on my 2nd glass and feel a lot better! I'll let you know if my purchase was worth the hassle when or if , it arrives!

I will NEVER NEVER order from them again. I've just phoned customer services because the ring that I ordered in the first attempt and was subsequently told was out of order on the 2nd attempt was still on the website which I'm still unable to order from! After an interminable 20 minute wait I was told I couldn't change my order as it had already been processed. I could however order the ring in the size I wanted and return the unwanted ring when it arrived! Excellent service. How hard can it be to change the order a couple of hours afterwards? Maybe it had already been packed and is winging its way to me as I speak! Somebody stab me in the eye if I ever get tempted again!!!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER NEVER order from them again. I've just phoned customer services because the ring that I ordered in the first attempt and was subsequently told was out of order on the 2nd attempt was still on the website which I'm still unable to order from! After an interminable 20 minute wait I was told I couldn't change my order as it had already been processed. I could however order the ring in the size I wanted and return the unwanted ring when it arrived! Excellent service. How hard can it be to change the order a couple of hours afterwards? Maybe it had already been packed and is winging its way to me as I speak! Somebody stab me in the eye if I ever get tempted again!!!!!!!!!!

After reading your second post, I'm hoping I won't live to regret my purchase. :15:

I also bit the bullet and ordered a ring. I gave up smoking on 1st January and decided I needed a treat :3:........ so let's hope my order doesn't turn into a nightmare, as I've not had any problems with IW - so far!

I was wondering if my computer was playing up when I saw that the right hand side of the screen was missing and so I went into the programme listings (rather than via the clearance icon) and trawled through until I found the ring I wanted. I had no problems placing the order and received the confirmation email within 5 minutes. I had 'ummed and ahhed' about it but, as size M was limited, I decided I'd go ahead and order it. Hopefully it will arrive before I've forgotten what I've ordered. :33:

when i was watching last night, i did hear Shaun say that you could only buy via the phone during the show. if there was any stock left, it would be put on the website at the end of the hour/show.

hope you both get your orders ok after all that! :)

hope you both get your orders ok after all that! :)

But if I'd not been able to order on the web I'd not have ordered at all, because even with the automated service it'd be quicker to drive to Peterborough to pick up the goods myself.

I hope it's a good omen though, because size M in the ring I ordered has now sold out, so I'm glad I ordered it when I did.

So Angry!!

I'm off to have a large glass of wine!!!!!!!!!!!!

A girl after my own heart, if in doubt - drink wine!! When the ring arrives have a glass before you open it. If you don't like it or it doesn't fit, at least you'll be anaesthetized!!

Hope it lasts longer than the last ring (and thing) i got from them, the gold ring split after 18 month and they would not do a thing about i. So i will never buy from them again they are not worth spending money with if you ask me.

Thanks Sammi and Dotty. I've been watching the jewellery clearance and things seem to be selling well. It's a case of hope over experience I think! I have been happy with my purchases with them in the past, it's just when a problem is encountered and you have to involve the dreaded customer services it all goes pear shaped! I shall keep my fingers crossed for all of us who've taken the plunge and got tempted by a bargain! Sorry to hear about your split ring Dotty, I hope you managed to find a jeweller to fix it. It's such a shame that poor service has totally ruined the experience of dealing with Ideal World. If they don't improve sharpish they'll soon disappear into that great telly shop in the sky!

Thanks Sammi and Dotty. I've been watching the jewellery clearance and things seem to be selling well. It's a case of hope over experience I think! I have been happy with my purchases with them in the past, it's just when a problem is encountered and you have to involve the dreaded customer services it all goes pear shaped! I shall keep my fingers crossed for all of us who've taken the plunge and got tempted by a bargain! Sorry to hear about your split ring Dotty, I hope you managed to find a jeweller to fix it. It's such a shame that poor service has totally ruined the experience of dealing with Ideal World. If they don't improve sharpish they'll soon disappear into that great telly shop in the sky!

Petpixie i did try other places to have it fixed but no one could do it they said it was bad gold had an air bubble in it so it canot be mended so im now stuck with a ring thats no good, still i hope you like your ring and enjoy it after all the trouble you had getting it. dotty x:1:

My ring arrived this morning and it's lovely. And that's pretty fast compared to usual.

Tah Dah!!!!!!!!!!! My ring arrived today and exceeded my expectations! It's beeeyoootiful! Definitely a bargain. It was worth all the hassle but I still don't think I'll Ideal World it again (unless I spot another bargain!)

Tah Dah!!!!!!!!!!! My ring arrived today and exceeded my expectations! It's beeeyoootiful! Definitely a bargain. It was worth all the hassle but I still don't think I'll Ideal World it again (unless I spot another bargain!)

That's great news, pixie.:1: I'm thrilled with mine too and have already had some lovely comments about it. It looks as thought we both struck lucky this time, with the quality, the speed of delivery and, of course, the bargain price!

Thanks Toril! :32: It's lovely when it all works out well isn't it? Glad to hear your ring is getting admiring comments and all for a bargain price! Not often that happens these days!!

Latest posts

Back