Colour change sapphire?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Has anyone had any colour change sapphire from Rocks & Co?

I'm not normally a fan of colour change gemstones, which in my book tend to change from one muddy colour to another, but I ordered one yesterday that looked the most glorious shade of purple on screen. Stacey claimed that it would change to pink - let's see if it actually does!

Hello Miss M. I bought this Colour Change Sapphire, which was also supposed to change to pink. At a stretch, you could describe it as a colour shift I suppose. Although the gem was a pretty colour at night, I didn't care much for the deep purple shade during the day. Also, the setting was very poor, so I returned it. A gem dealer I spoke with only recently said that you shouldn't expect to find a really prominent colour change like the change in some Alexandrites for example. Still, I thought it would have been better than this.

RCoCCSapphireday.jpg
RCoCCSapphirenight.jpg

Fingers crossed the one you ordered is a good one.

I adore colour change gemstones!!

I've never ordered from this site ... but could definitely be tempted by a yellow gold Colour Change Sapphire ring.

Yours sounds lovely and hope it lives up to expectation. Any chance of the item number so I can have a little peek?

Ooops just seen Melusina's reply ... hope it isn't the same as the one you've ordered.

The nicest CCS ring I've ever seen was one from Gems ... think it was Jantac who bought it and she had it as her avatar for a while.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was the same one that you ordered, Melusina - thanks for the warning!

I'm not sure now whether to 'phone up and cancel it (and save the p&p both ways), or whether to wait and see it IRL before deciding on the basis that natural gemstones do vary. I'll probably cancel...

Mel I saw 'your' ring auctioned last evening (2 of them) and it just looked like a deep purple amethyst to me and there was absolutely no colour change going on at all. I hope it's not your one now Miss Magpie cos it wasn't cheap was it!! :Button it Sue!!!: Oops snap. :pPC:

Ooops just seen Melusina's reply ... hope it isn't the same as the one you've ordered.

The nicest CCS ring I've ever seen was one from Gems ... think it was Jantac who bought it and she had it as her avatar for a while.

Oh crikey, I hope it isn't the same one either fluff! :booboo: I saw the ring sell again after I sent it back, so with a bit of luck it's not!

Hopefully Jantac will be along to show us her CCS. I'd love to see it. :yeah:

Oh crikey, I hope it isn't the same one either fluff! :booboo: I saw the ring sell again after I sent it back, so with a bit of luck it's not!

Hopefully Jantac will be along to show us her CCS. I'd love to see it. :yeah:

Not a booboo at all, Meulisina - I wanted opinions! If I do decide to cancel, I'll have saved some dosh, won't I?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was the same one that you ordered, Melusina - thanks for the warning!

I'm not sure now whether to 'phone up and cancel it (and save the p&p both ways), or whether to wait and see it IRL before deciding on the basis that natural gemstones do vary. I'll probably cancel...

Sorry Miss M! If there were two, then maybe it's worth the p&p as you may end up with a far superior gemstone to the one I bought ... she says trying to dig herself out of a hole!

Last edited:
MissM

In daylight you should see an Ameythst purple as Melusina as said, like this:

IMG_8608.jpg

At night, the colour should be a vibrant fuscia pink:

SapphireCCface_1_1.jpg

I have to say that finding a colour change sapphire that does change in this colourway is extremely rare. You can find colour changers with other variations of colour but this particular purple/pink is a nightmare to find. I should know, I've been on the lookout for a friend for one for a couple of years now!

I've got to say that I've never seen a muddy colour changer in sapphires. In Alexandrites, yes, all the time but not with Sapphires.

Sue - do you still have your cc sapphire bracelet? It may need re-homing ala Meesh if you do because mine needs a friend!

Fluff that was a PT I think not a cc sapphire but I'm sure Jantac will clarify.

I do have a cc sapphire (fluff has got a brilliant memory!) that changes from blue in daylight to green in artificial light - and just about purple in yellow rooms in candlelight.

Will post the picture later (not on my laptop at the moment, where the picture is stored)

Meeshoo's right as well, my favourite PT ring changes from blue topaz colour in daylight to typical paraiba colour in artificial light.

....... and yes I do have a slight obsession with colour change stones.......

Thanks Jantac!
thankusmile.gif

s4587.gif
Wowzer Meesh that's a a beauty too ... I've never ever seen CCS with that colourway.

Thanks Fluff. The cc sapph in the photo was a very lucky find (not from a shopping channel). However in the early days of GemsTV they sold a number of cc sapph items. I've got two bracelets and each stone looks different during the day and in the evening - they are all colourways! My favourite is a bi-colour sapphire that looks (if I remember correctly) half green/half yellow and changes to half peach/half something else!

Gorgeous examples of colour change gemstones ladies :) I'm a big fan of colour changers too, but it is tricky to get a great stone with a great colour change imo.

let's see if this works, ages since I've uploaded a picture......

Attachments

• th_ccsapphire.jpg
    th_ccsapphire.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 163
It's really lovely Jantac. Thank you for posting. :coolpics: Hopefully, one of these days I'll find one as nice as yours.

Latest posts

Back