Finally took the plunge....but....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the-valleygirl

Registered Shopper
Hey guys,

I finally bought something from Rocks and co. The other night I flicked over and saw a gorgeous AAA Tanzanian Ruby Ring in white gold. It was a Gents ring, but as I have large fingers, I thought it would be good and would only need to go down 2 sizes, instead of up 4 for ladies rings!

Anyway, I hadn't registered on line so I actually rang!!! This is sooooo unusual for me, I never ring up anywhere unless I really really have to. Well after I purchased it, I came on here and read all the previous threads, which made me more than a little worried!!!

But it arrived today and its gorgeous, the stones are amazing and I am totally hooked on ruby now!

The 5 stones are channel set, so I know I can only get it resized 1 or 2 sizes which is fine.......now here is my question......

Where is the info on resizing? I thought it would come in th package. All I got was the ring in a box, the delivery invoice which I have read, and is all about returns, liability etc. One of those ring sizers was included (even though I already have a lillion!!) But no info on how to get it resized. Am I missing something??

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know. I have already ordered another 2 rings, even before the first one arrived lol. But this time online. Oh yeah, are there any discount vouchers??

thanks all

Your ring sounds lovely VG. I also have a Tanzanian ruby ring from Rocks&co (albeit with smallish stones) and the rubies are stunning. I'm sorry I don't know about resizing as their size is perfect for me, but I'm sure someone will be along to let you know. Unfortunately, I've never seen a discount voucher.

But it arrived today and its gorgeous, the stones are amazing and I am totally hooked on ruby now!

Where is the info on resizing? I thought it would come in th package. All I got was the ring in a box, the delivery invoice which I have read, and is all about returns, liability etc. One of those ring sizers was included (even though I already have a lillion!!) But no info on how to get it resized. Am I missing something??

Glad you are happy with the ring, my first purchase was Tanzanian Ruby, they are stunning.

I have not personally used the re-sizing service as I have heard mixed reviews about it. Infact I have not managed to get anything from Rocks re-sized as the local jewellers will not do it, they say the gold is far to thin and will not risk it, so I have to make do with ring clips :(

You should have received a piece of paper in the parcel with all the details of where to get it resized, including a slip to send off with the ring. You need to call CS at Rocks as the slip has your order number on it to confirm the ring purchase. Hope you get it sorted. :1:

Hi Tiger,I have been looking for ring clips for years,have tried funny plastic tubey things,waste of time.Can you help?

Hi Tiger,I have been looking for ring clips for years,have tried funny plastic tubey things,waste of time.Can you help?

I went in to my local jewellers, they do nice silver and gold ones. Silver ones are about £3 and gold a little bit more. I have still not found anywhere online that does them. Maybe I should sell them on ebay lol Hope that helps!

Hi nannieA

I bought mine online from this seller for my Tanzanite rings because I didn't want to risk having them resized. They come in different sizes, in yellow and white gold and are 14 ct gold filled. Like T1ger, I also had my local jeweller fit one on one of my rings too. HTH.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ring-Guard-Si...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

thanks all

Got another delivery from them today. A moonstone ring and an amethyst ring, both lovely. But again no resizing instructions!! So it wasn't just a one off. lol. I'll email them later, all this fuss just makes it all more difficult....puts me off buying more!!

thanks for your help though

Ring sizing

Hi All

I apologise for the inconvenience of not receiving a resizing with your order.

If you would like to PM me, i will send out a resizing form to you ASAP.

I have double checked and the resizing forms are going out with each ring order.

In the very near future we are introducing a new resizing plan for you to use, once it is ready, it will replace the current scheme and you will start to recieve new forms with your orders.

Again my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind regards

Rocks & Co Helper:1:

In the very near future we are introducing a new resizing plan for you to use, once it is ready, it will replace the current scheme and you will start to recieve new forms with your orders.

Lets hope that it will be a better service that people will want to use as no high street jeweller will seem to re-size anything I have bought from Rocks due to the gold being far too thin!

Lets hope that it will be a better service that people will want to use as no high street jeweller will seem to re-size anything I have bought from Rocks due to the gold being far too thin!

Look for a small independent jeweller in your area that's been there a long time. I took six to mine and he was extremely honest. Said the last time he resized a ring purchased from a shopping channel it took over an hour and it was more hassle than it was worth, as the gold content is very minimal.

However he sent the rings to a friend in the business for them to be resized using a laser machine. Got a call today telling me the rings are back and my jeweller has inspected them himself. Am picking them up tomorrow and will let you know the outcome, but as he's someone who I've shopped with for many many years if he says they look good then chances are they are.

Keep asking around and I'm sure you guys will find a jeweller who will resize your rings properly. Saying that I'm sure the people Rocks refer customers to may probably be just as good so long as you pay that little bit extra.

However he sent the rings to a friend in the business for them to be resized using a laser machine. Got a call today telling me the rings are back and my jeweller has inspected them himself. Am picking them up tomorrow and will let you know the outcome, but as he's someone who I've shopped with for many many years if he says they look good then chances are they are.

That sounds very interesting! Please let me know what they are like when you pick them up. Can I also be cheeky and ask how much that has cost, is it more than getting them done by traditional methods? I might have to see if anyone in my area offers this, or maybe check out London!

Tiger......picked the rings up today and they look great. One of the rings was a black diamond on a fairly thin band, and and that's the one I thought would be the biggest problem, but it's fabulous.

The price for each ring was £20 and well worth the money. From my understanding this machine cuts the ring and then joins it in a split second. Ask friends, ring around or look on the net for jewellers near you. Like I said it's usually the small independent ones who'll give a better service. You know the ones - people tend to walk past because the shopfront doesn't look as glitzy as the high street ones, so automatically assume they're selling second hand tat. Don't bother with the big names because they're only interested in selling their own stuff at inflated prices, yet few of them in the store actually know the background of the piece they're selling.

I've checked the people out who Rocks and Co use on the website and from the looks of it seems they do resizing using a laser. Give them a call and ask plus how much they'll charge. If you want I can call them Monday and enquire for you.

Laser resizing is pretty much the norm. It's only the smaller independent jewellers who will do it by hand.

T1ger why are you thinking of not using Rocks&Co recommended jeweller? I may be wrong but as they're recommending them, if something were to happen during the resizing process I'd assume you'd be covered? Just something for you to consider and perhaps investigate.

Thanks so much for the ring clip info,I may now be able to wear the bigger ones more comfortably

Tiger......picked the rings up today and they look great. One of the rings was a black diamond on a fairly thin band, and and that's the one I thought would be the biggest problem, but it's fabulous.

The price for each ring was £20 and well worth the money. I've checked the people out who Rocks and Co use on the website and from the looks of it seems they do resizing using a laser. Give them a call and ask plus how much they'll charge. If you want I can call them Monday and enquire for you.

I am really pleased that they were ok, which black diamond ring did you get? I have been thinking about one of those, they look lovely, love the lustre on them!

Thank you for the info, I will have a look around. I have just sent some sliver rings from Rocks off to their re-sizing company so I will see what they come back like. I did actually read on one thread that if you go to them privately, the work is much better quality which is quite annoying.

Meeshoo - I was going to call Rocks actually to ask them if the rings are covered should the spoil them and see what they say.

Laser resizing is pretty much the norm. It's only the smaller independent jewellers who will do it by hand.

T1ger why are you thinking of not using Rocks&Co recommended jeweller? I may be wrong but as they're recommending them, if something were to happen during the resizing process I'd assume you'd be covered? Just something for you to consider and perhaps investigate.

Obviously not!

Hi Tiger

Unfortunately we do not have a policy that covers any alterations, the risk of resizing has always been the customers. However the majority of resizing companies will advise the customer if they feel that the ring will not be able to be resized.

Rocks & Co Helper

Latest posts

Back