Worst deliveries of any shopping channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
Three weeks ago today I ordered a comforter from Ideal World. Still it has not arrived.

I have tried emailing several times, I have tried phoning several numbers. Got through to someone abroad once who could hardly hear me, yes well he was on the Indian sub-continent!

Have logged onto my online account where first of all it said that the comforter would be delivered on the 17th January then later that same week it said the 22nd January.

Today, I managed to speak to someone in Liverpool who said that the expected delivery date would be 6th February, nearly five weeks after my order date.

This is an absolute disgrace especially when they had text me to my mobile to say that they had more of the comforters IN STOCK. In stock, my elbow!

How do they justify such long delivery times when other channels sometimes deliver within 48 hours?

Seriously, how do others of you put up with service like this?

Seriously, how do others of you put up with service like this?

I don't any more, I gave up on Ideal World some time ago. I'd rather go without than ever order anything from them again. It's not just their deliveries that are appalling, it's their cs, their products, their quality...... hope you eventually get your comforter.

Read elsewhere that IW definitely read the main forums. Maybe we should start a thread called something like "Ideal World please read" and gather all our complaints together to make it easy for them to find. Do we believe they'll pay attention - probably not, since they've clearly ignored most of the complaints on here, but you never know - new brooms, credit crunch etc.

Sorry to hear about your problem.
Its not only their deliveries that are bad as I have had two boxes sitting in my hall since christmas waiting to be picked up for return .......and that is after 3 emails and a call to the CS.
They really need to get their act together. !!!!!!!

Ideal World just how many times and by how many people do you need to be told?

I'm still waiting for an ''in stock'' item ordered on the 4th. I've almost given up and will not be ordering again until I hear there have been major changes.

Same problems here too.
In fact, I received an answer today to an email I sent ages ago regarding a set of knives that hadn't turned up.
I wouldn't mind but since I sent the email they've arrived, been used, washed-up a zillion times blah de blah.
They really don't know their a*se from their elbow do they?

I will not Order from IW, I sit on my hands and if I see anything that I like I go elsewhere to see if I can get the same or similar.

Iw's delivery has always been hit and miss with me, as for their CS, I would say non-existant would be a start.

Empty warehouse

I reckon this will be a recurring problem for them now that the new broom has swept out 15% of the workforce. If they have the stuff in the warehouse but have got nobody to fetch it out send it to you, then ordering from Ideal can only result in disappointment. This company used to be worth £100 million, it's now shrunk to under £10m; I can think of safer places to send my money, frankly.

Maybe I'm just the exception that proves the rule,but I've ordered several things since Christmas and they have all arrived within three days via a nice friendly gentleman in his car.To give credit where credit is due,I've been buying from IW for several years without any major problems and have had some really good bargains,like a king size memory-foam mattress topper recently which(including postage) came to just £50.I'm sure there are several people out there who are having problems with deliveries and CS but I don't want the overwhelming impressionto be that there aren't any satisfied IW customers---there are !!

I don't think it is the sacking of staff from warehousing that causes problems - but a lack of warehousing space in the first place.

Unlike QVC who, backed by their USA operations, were willing to wait for a profit for several years whilst they built up decent warehousing space, staff and CS, IW went for profit from day one, without investing in all the back-up services. Which is why of course they keep having all these problems and antagonising so many customers.

I've said it before and I will say it again. If you order stuff that is already in their warehouse - generally craft and jewellery- you will get it very quickly. I've had orders delivered in 36 hours! On the other hand, if you order clothes or shoes (I hate it that Pavers takes 2 days to deliver from shoeshop but 3-4 weeks from IW, which is why I no longer buy their shoes) or anything bulky that they have no space for, it can take anything up to 3 weeks.
And as for Irish Dreams! I had to wait 4 weeks for that!

It is the usual British short-sightedness and desire for a quick buck that has led to this.

What is so maddening for me though is that THEY sent me a text message to my phone saying that the item was IN STOCK.

Yes but in which universe?

Maybe I'm just the exception that proves the rule,but I've ordered several things since Christmas and they have all arrived within three days via a nice friendly gentleman in his car.To give credit where credit is due,I've been buying from IW for several years without any major problems and have had some really good bargains,like a king size memory-foam mattress topper recently which(including postage) came to just £50.I'm sure there are several people out there who are having problems with deliveries and CS but I don't want the overwhelming impressionto be that there aren't any satisfied IW customers---there are !!

Yes there are one or two:54:

Update folks! It is a quarter past midnight on the morning of the 5th February and I still have NOT received my comforter.

No replies to my emails and no satisfaction by phone.

Very tempted to contact Watchdog.

Update folks! It is a quarter past midnight on the morning of the 5th February and I still have NOT received my comforter.

No replies to my emails and no satisfaction by phone.

Very tempted to contact Watchdog.

I'd forgotten all about Watchdog, is that still on? Great idea for some of the QVC problems too.

I ordered something from them a week ago and it arrived yesterday. Maybe that's because I live about 45 minutes from Peterborough, so the drivers only have to point their vans down the A509 and drive in one direction to deliver any goods I order? Or maybe I've just been very lucky ............so far.

Update.

Still no comforter so I phoned up yesterday and they said they would now have to send me out a form to say the goods have not been delivered. Looks like I shall have to wait ages for this now.

All the while though, they have MY money.

I was expecting a rigmarole over my undelivered order. Was told I'd have to wait a further week before the item could be reported as missing, after waiting three plus weeks for it! Then a couple of days later, checked my bank a/c and they had refunded the money! Keep an eye on your a/c as it may just arrive unannounced!

Latest posts

Back