Not happy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

perdita

not impressed.....
Yesterday afternoon I asked Jamie to auction an item I had been lusting after for ages. I was quite busy and was popping in and out of Rocks so had to wait till quite late on to formally ask for it. I was told it was in the vault/not in the studio and Jamie could not auction it from just a picture.

I waited until today and after several emails/phone calls, the upshot was that my request would be on just after 4pm. I had to go out to collect the children at 3.25 and was back home and logged on by 3.40!

I noticed that people in chat were talking about an auction item that had obviously recently closed and it seemed to match the description of the item I had been waiting for. One quick phone call later, my fears were confirmed. The item had been auctioned from a photograph and was the last one in stock. :mad:

To say I am annoyed and upset at this is putting it very mildly! If it could have been auctioned today from a photograph, why not yesterday????

I am now waiting for Rocks to get more stock of silver chains so I can add some to the 2 items already in my basket and check out. I’m so angry, I don’t feel I will be visiting Rocks as often…….if at all.

As far as I am concerned, if the rules change from presenter to presenter and there is no continuity then you don’t know where you stand.

Methinks my love affair with Rocks is over.

aww horrid wen that happens, they do seem to change their minds alot as to what can and cant be done each day ,it should be a rule is a rule then everyone knows whats what... which item was it ??

Awww Perdita that is awful!!! Don't blame you being unhappy!!!

They shouldn't have auctioned it from the photo if they couldn't do it from photo yesterday and they should have waited till after 4pm as that is the time they told you it would be on.

Is there one left on the CR site Perdita? If so they should make that available for you at auction price.

Last edited:
Thats very annoying perdita, I would be upset too!
Rules seem to change from presenter to presenter which is very annoying. Some will auction without the item in the studio, others wont.

What i also don't understand is why you cannot request items when there is only 1 left.
How come that on so many occasions items are flogged which are indeed the last one?????
So why can't we request the last item that we see on CR.com? I had my eye on several items which I cannot request as they are the last ones.... but get very annoyed when I see last items to be auctioned off

That just sucks perdita. I hope you can ring or email Steve or Tony and let them know how angry you are. I imagine they will be keen to get this sorted for the sake of good customer relations.

I would be annoyed too!! I don't understand the last one rule either!! Lots of items are sold off as the last quantity available and you can buy the last one left from CR web site so why can't you auction???

I know Steve said he likes to keep one to show on CR but you can buy from CR so why save?? Hopefully Tony/Katherine are reading this and will help.

I've just had a phone call from the lovely and helpful Katherine. (I hope the directors at Rocks fully realise what an asset she is to their company.)

Apparently someone went and got the item from the vault while I was away from my computer and it was in fact not auctioned just from the photograph.
Katherine knew nothing of this and has phoned to let me know what happened.

I'm still not a happy bunny as I was told it would not be aired before 4pm and I would have bid for it had I been at my computer. You know what it's like when you set your heart on something! (Unfortunately it was the last one too.)

Ah well, my rant was cathartic!

I've just had a phone call from the lovely and helpful Katherine. (I hope the directors at Rocks fully realise what an asset she is to their company.)

Apparently someone went and got the item from the vault while I was away from my computer and it was in fact not auctioned just from the photograph.
Katherine knew nothing of this and has phoned to let me know what happened.

I'm still not a happy bunny as I was told it would not be aired before 4pm and I would have bid for it had I been at my computer. You know what it's like when you set your heart on something! (Unfortunately it was the last one too.)

Ah well, my rant was cathartic!

That is good it wasn't done from the photo after all but it is still extremely annoying that it wasn't done at the time you were told it would be and therefore you missed out. :hug:

was it FZ431???

No, Scorps, it wasn't! Lol!

To be honest, I'd rather not say which item it was because a forum member bought it and I don't want my annoyance at the situation detracting from their enjoyment of their purchase.

Aww poor you Perdita, how annoying to be out for such a little time and then miss it. Maybe, if it's been a popular design they will make some more??

:doggie:

Okies ... was just going to say if it was you could have mine ........xxx

Oooooo that's the one I wanted! Cheers Scorps! My address is:

Bling Mansion
Round the Bling
Bling Heaven
United Blingdom

Shall I wait by the letterbox?

Actually joking aside I think it was a really lovely offer you made to Perdita. You're a star.

Perdita - some things happen for a reason hun and this must mean that something bigger, better and lovelier will be waiting just round the corner. x

No, Scorps, it wasn't! Lol!

To be honest, I'd rather not say which item it was because a forum member bought it and I don't want my annoyance at the situation detracting from their enjoyment of their purchase.

Perdita, I don't think we've ever met, but I just wanted to say that from all your posts on this thread I get the impression that you're a really sweet, lovely person. I sincerely hope your dream piece of jewellery is just around the corner!

Aww MissMagpie...I'm blushing from head to foot!

Thanks everyone for all your supportive posts. xxx

Hello everyone,

Perdita, sorry for the upset. I'm glad to hear Katherine has been in touch. We're very much aware of how Tony, Katherine and the rest of the Help Team are absolute stars.

I think the real problem here is that we need a system for handling the requests. We do have one in progress but it has been a bit delayed while we work on a few exciting developments such as the Rocks Advisor scheme. Hopefully it should be here very soon.

Kind regards

John Bennett

you're not alone perdita...i've got a replacement received and they were the same items i sent in as returns...Katherine and Tony did confirmed that items sent back were quarantined so defo wouldn't be the same one...but...but...

how could there be two black diamonds with the same cracks on the table and the crown??

how could there be two tridacna beads with the same light coloured traces on the gem? and the same bead sliding over knots in the necklace...???

I do trust Katherine and Tony that they quarantined the returns, but...?? If I decided to send sth back for a replacement, I defo have examined the whole piece, including the gem of course. I am gutted, will send back for refund as suggested (as Anita did a brilliant job in communicating and Katherine and Tony defo did their jobs).

However I feel, seriously, that I am under-estimated. How could I not recognise the same cracks or traces if the gem is not to perfection, as that being experience gained in my past?

Latest posts

Back