I am shocked by cd set on Bid up!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I have just witnessed a 12 cd set including the likes of Tina Turner, George Michael, The Beatles, Bee Gees, Elton John the list goes on...but all instrumental versions!!! One was panpipes, but the others were played on a hammond organ....It was elevator musak!!!!! The starting price was an unbelievable £100, I mean you woudn't pay that much for 12 normal orignal recordings of these artists to be honest. This was real Morrison's bargain bin stuff. The claxon went and the price dropped down to £19.99, there was a whopping 271 in the auction....I thought we'd be there for a long time, with it eventually crashing down to about £2.99! No, the whole lot sold out in a matter of seconds!!! I'm wondering if half of these people realised that they were buying instrumental versions...although they made it clear enough....and with postage and packaging they'll have paid nearly £28! I am utterly stunned!

That is disgraceful, do you really think though that 271 peeps actually bought them though.

That is disgraceful, do you really think though that 271 peeps actually bought them though.

I'm guessing they must have done, there were names flashing across the screen, and the quantities were dropping at a rate of knots. Before the auction started, they were playing lots of samples, and they made it clear that they were instrumental versions..just odd! Really can't think who this sort of thing would appeal to. My late grandfather liked that sort of thing, but I don't think he'd have been interested in Tina Turner, or George Michael...not even elton John for that matter. I'm almost wondering whether a lot of people only heard the names, and then left the room to make the phonecall...if so, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people!

I've often wondered whether people really do buy all the quantity thats shown. Some of it's such tat it's hard to believe there are all those buyers for it.

I've often wondered whether people really do buy all the quantity thats shown. Some of it's such tat it's hard to believe there are all those buyers for it.

I definitely saw names flashing across the screen, though perhaps they only had about 10 callers on the line, and realised they were going to be there all night, so quickly shot the amount down....I know they sell some tat, but this was tat and a half! Unless all the buyers were companies that operated phone lines where customers have to wait, and they'll use these cds on a loop..cause that's what the music was!

Did I see your name up there Mrs James? Perfect for shimmying round your front room in your kaftan to!

I saw that too, couldn't believe it went for so much considering it isn't even original recordings

Ah well you say 'who would buy THAT' but I'm never surprised at what some folks DO buy...take a look round Netto sometime and discover some of the biggest load of tat being whipped off the shelves!

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by merryone
by they way im joking about this tjhey were propper CDs i just want to play around!
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

She posted this and then deleted it but i quoted it just in time so it is a joke
Except that she isn't online to have posted and deleted that. Nor would she make so many spelling mistakes! :lol1:

and check your sums - it's £19.99 they went for not £2.99!! Merryone ain't thick!

Argey
p.s. benhagger14 - is that your age perchance?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back