Gemstone Gav

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Great watching Gavin on air right now - he's informative and unpretentious.

Please, please please Rocks&Co, bring him back soon!

Great watching Gavin on air right now - he's informative and unpretentious.

Please, please please Rocks&Co, bring him back soon!

Yeah, you can tell from listening to him, from the way he talks about gems ... he knows what he's talking about... Gavin is talking about the rough, the cutting, the mines etc ... exactly what you expect to hear from the expert!!!not like other 'gem hunters' who only seem to have their own 'opinion' ...

keep up the good work Gavin ...
come back soon

Does anyone know what's happened to Gavin this morning? Just tuned in to lap up his pearls of wisdom, but no show.

Hello Everyone:

Thanks as always for your kind words and support.

When I’m not on air you can tap into my knowledge by reading my new book here http://www.rocksandco.com/book2/books.asp. It will be available in print to Rocks & Co. customers later this year.

Thanks to T1ger, a decision was made to put me on for longer in the evening instead of during the day. I will be on tonight from 8pm to 11pm.

Meeshoo, the beard went off over Christmas. It was getting a bit Viking marauder, which I thought looked great, but I shaved while my mum was visiting.

Kind Regards,

Gav

Looking forward to this evenings show, it has been very informative watching you Gav.

There were some amazing 20+ct Kunzite and white gold rings on with Stacy and yourself yesterday but I blinked and missed them, would be great if there are some more on with you tonight so that I can attempt to grab one :1:

Thanks for the info, tiger. I missed that even though I was watching last night, I have the volume off...
smileyhysterical.gif
. I'll turn it on for Gavin, though. ;)

Lovely to see you back on our screens Gav. I tuned in this morning to see you (and prefer you 'au naturel' by the way), but was unfortunately assaulted by the screaming banshee, so switched over.

:doggie:

Hey Gav, You are a pleasure to watch,lots of interesting facts and no flannel.That's what we English gals like,we could hear more if Stacey could stop talking and take a breath.

Unfortunately I only managed to watch for a very short time but I was very impressed at the honestly in what Gavin said.

For example about an Emerald ring, price £139 if I remember correctly (and I can't!!). Stacey was going on about the colour and turned to Gavin who said "it's a good colour for the price". Now how refreshing is that? He didn't do the normal rave about how fantastic the colour was (which it wasn't) but told it as it was - "a good colour for the price". He didn't try to kid people on into thinking it was some fantastic high quality emerald for a smallish price and I liked that.

If only the others could take a large leaf out of your book Gavin (not your new one of course - no pun intended!) and be honest and informative instead of saying everything is fabulous and the best in the world then what a difference it would make to those of us who like to hear it as it is without all the frills!

Well done Gavin.

It's been a real joy watching your shows this weekend Gav and I can't wait to settle down this evening and be entertained with more fascinating facts about the gemstones. It's a pity you can't be over here more often, but then again I'd probably buy a whole lot more!

Good point Klos! It was good to have Gav confirm that they cut their Paraibas for weight. I guessed as much, but at times I did wonder about the expertise of their cutters, when most of the Paraibas I've seen on screen have such glaring windows!

Good point Klos! It was good to have Gav confirm that they cut their Paraibas for weight. I guessed as much, but at times I did wonder about the expertise of their cutters, when most of the Paraibas I've seen on screen have such glaring windows!

Now I go cleanin' windows to earn an honest bob
For a nosy parker it's an interestin' job

Now it's a job that just suits me
A window cleaner you would be
If you can see what I can see
When I'm cleanin' windows

Latest posts

Back