It's not SAYLON sapphire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nannieA

Registered Shopper
Am I being pedantic? Kay Little has lectured on this ring for at least 5 mins,getting the pronounciation wrong every time.Ceylon was the name of Sri Lanka before independence,not as Stacey once told me an area in Sri Lanka where the sapphire comes from.Is Brazil where the nuts come from or is that Rocks and co?

Yes I hate that pronunciation too.....obviously copying Diniz and other transatlantic presenters. :rolleyes: This channel is full of uneducated, daft bints who spout the first bit of old cods that enters their airey heads, Ruth being the exception. If only we could have John and her all the time. :pPC:

Don't get me started, but as we're on a role, they are ColOmbian Emeralds, not ColUmbian! Again a transatlantic influence, probably due to British Columbia/District of Columbia, which is spreading everywhere. It's a different place on a different continent!! I've even seen it spelled with a U, it really irritates me. (I was born there so it probably affects me more than other people!)

Last edited:
Get's on my bits too, and no you're not being pedantic Nannie, I can't stand all these corruptions to our language either, (but you're not supposed to mention it for fear of offending someone, anyone:54:)

:doggie:

That's it, we're off on one!! :D Why is it NO presenter (except Anoushka on TJC) can correctly pronounce decolletage?? They all say declotage :YIKES: with no emphasis between the syllable breaks i.e. de_col_le_tage and it drives me nuts. :HUMP: :pPC:

That's it, we're off on one!! :D Why is it NO presenter (except Anoushka on TJC) can correctly pronounce decolletage?? They all say declotage :YIKES: with no emphasis between the syllable breaks i.e. de_col_le_tage and it drives me nuts. :HUMP: :pPC:

I fink it's cos they don't speak proper, like wot we done Sue, know wot I mean babes???

My biggest gripe is the pronounciation of Paraiba and most of the Gems telly presenters are guilty of mispronouncing it. It drives me nuts! :hump:

I fink it's cos they don't speak proper, like wot we done Sue, know wot I mean babes???

Oi, yo takin tha pith ahtta moy aksint mayt? and PPS there ain't nuffink rong wiv ma deklotaj!

Last edited:
And when did jewellery turn into joolery? mysmilie_1476

Hmmm...:33:.... Saylon sounds rather like a new man made fibre??

Me too, but at least they get the right word. I remember one of the presenters on Gems (it might've been Liv, but don't quote me on that) holding up a necklace and saying how nice it looked against her decoupage. :D

You are all so right and........... why do those guilty of mispronunciation need to put the 'word' into one sentence so many times and really labour the point, until we lose the will to live. Hallo everyone btw

Latest posts

Back