Which brand ruined Tanya's skin?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dreamer

Registered Shopper
Anyone watch the 4pm decleor hour today, when demoing the neroli aromesence, they said that Tanya was going to start using this as she had been using another brand and her skin was ruined/suffering from it?

There was mumbled mention to fruit acids and I think she said it was a french brand - I am wondering if it was the Gatineau radiance that was released last December?

anyone else watch the hour and caught this snippet?

She did an Alpha-H show not long ago I think, was the model for it - wonder if it was that?

Alpha h, sounds quite likely..it was the one that caused such a furore on here no so long ago, resulting in one of the regular posters leaving, I believe Jabba's daughter was hospitalised due to a bad reaction to that product!

Ahh - maybe, I just thought it a little unethical to mention this as she does model for more than one brand.

Missed this. But whichever brand it is, I would personally be wary of fruit acids in anything. I have pretty tough skin, and am a former acne sufferer who still gets spots despite being a kick in the jacksy off 50 - so the I could probably get away with using such stuff, but I think it's best to be gentle with your skin. Just use a mild exfoliator where the granular texture and your own hand movements do the job, rather than relying on acid action, which is less controllable. Tanya always looks like she has nice skin - it's a shame this happened to her!

Someone on here said she was at the qvc beauty day and was given facials all day - I can't remember which brand she was working for - surely this cannot be good for your skin.

I must admit I am not sure how the beauty models cope - my skin turns red quite easily with too much stimulation, my skin couldn't cope with the amount of treatment they get

I was in Debenhams yesterday chatting to a friend who works in the cosmetic hall. A male sa came over and she was asking he if he had gone mad with a sunbed as his face was red burnt looking. No, he had used a skincare brand for the first time and ended up in hospital!!! He face went bright red and swole up, what we saw was three days later.

So just shows what can happened to anyone if they use the wrong thing on their face.

She did an Alpha-H show not long ago I think, was the model for it - wonder if it was that?

When they were on the liquid gold Tanya agreed with Tom that she did in fact use the product and was happy with it.

I once had a horrible reaction to a Gatineau eye product - I looked like I had burnt myself! It took several weeks to calm down ...

I was in Debenhams yesterday chatting to a friend who works in the cosmetic hall. A male sa came over and she was asking he if he had gone mad with a sunbed as his face was red burnt looking. No, he had used a skincare brand for the first time and ended up in hospital!!! He face went bright red and swole up, what we saw was three days later.

So just shows what can happened to anyone if they use the wrong thing on their face.

That happened to me when I was 15, my mum bought me my first proper skincare (cleanser toner moisturiser) from Elizabeth Arden whilst on a visit to Harrods on holiday. it was expensive stuff I remember she paid nearly £100 and that was 25 years ago. After using it my face looked like it had serious sunburn and boy did it hurt. We brought it to our local Elizabeth Arden counter and they gave a full refund.

Last edited:
I suffer with skin allergies and if I put something on my face with a hidden ingredient I'm allergic to my face goes bright red and my lips swell, it can take several weeks to fully recover. Just because I react like this it doesn't mean there is any thing wrong with the product, it just doesn't agree with me, other people would be absolutely fine.

Someone on here said she was at the qvc beauty day and was given facials all day - I can't remember which brand she was working for - surely this cannot be good for your skin.

I was at the NYNY and saw Tanya on the Thurs pm - so she'd done the am and still had another day to do.

The event lasted about 3 and a half hours. I suppose she was being 'worked on' by Decleor for about half that time. I had a good look at her skin. It was in very good condition at the beginning and looked as good at the end - no redness etc.

I had a very good look at all the complexios of the beauty reps. LE's Caroline and all the girls with her - beautiful skin and very little make up. Decleor reps - very good. Tom from Alpha H (too scared to use this myself) very good. Woman from Freeze 24 - scary. Prai - ok but heavy make up. Living Nature - OK. A'Kin - OK. Elemis - not that good.

Andrew and Marion from Gatineau - grey.

Gatineau was my very first purchase from QVC many years ago, i had a really bad reaction to it, i then tried MB which i loved and used for a long time until i discovered LE and tbh my skin hasnt looked back x

I had a problem with decleor....bought a try me and and experience de l'age (I think) mini kit. It smelt divine but after one use my face looked like I had sanded it then rubbed in vinegar...so it was back to good old LE for me....I have used philosophy and find that's okay as well. LE sauys that there isn't a single ingredient that NO ONE will be sensitive to. btw I used a fruit acid cream in the US about 18 years ago when they first came out and didn't have a problem with it...but didn't find it did much