JR Queen Bee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Did anyone else think JR was over doing the Queen Bee act on Treasures from India. She was horrible to the young model Fleur, she said you've got a kink in that chain and the poor girl was trying to sort it. Then when they were showing a set of 5 pairs of earrings she asked Fleur if she had the Peridot ones in, she then said Oh yes you have . She then looked again and said you haven't got Peridot they are Blue Topaz, they are, they are Blue Topaz. All this was said with the usual dramatics. Then we had act two when she started the dramatics again at the viewers because no one had phoned her. At this point I turned off. I felt so sorry for the young model.:2:

She must have taught Alison Young everything she knows about treating models.

I didn't notice that, but I did think LE was acting like she had a bad smell up her nose when she was on with Alison Keenan the other night. I remember her from years ago and I'm sure she wasn't as stuck-up back then.

She must have taught Alison Young everything she knows about treating models.

absolutely...I can't get this out of my head:

a few weeks ago when they had the SBC TSV the lady from SBC said to the model, who had just put some of the product on her face, something along the lines of "the product doesn't usually get absorbed so quickly" Alison agreed and made a comment implying that the model doesn't look after her skin properly...then Alison started PRODDING THE MODEL in the arm, not just once, but repeatedly...it made for very uneasy viewing....the poor model dealt with it really well though....

Did anyone else think JR was over doing the Queen Bee act on Treasures from India. She was horrible to the young model Fleur, she said you've got a kink in that chain and the poor girl was trying to sort it. Then when they were showing a set of 5 pairs of earrings she asked Fleur if she had the Peridot ones in, she then said Oh yes you have . She then looked again and said you haven't got Peridot they are Blue Topaz, they are, they are Blue Topaz. All this was said with the usual dramatics. Then we had act two when she started the dramatics again at the viewers because no one had phoned her. At this point I turned off. I felt so sorry for the young model.:2:

She seems so full of herself lately, getting a bit too big for her boots.

I do like J R more than any of the other presenters , she is quite full of herself sometimes but she does't grate like some of the others. Ann Dawson, and Jill Franks to name but two

Bet she wouldn't want anyone treating her daughter like that - I bet the model is of a similar age. Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself (or family) so to speak.

I rather enjoyed the show, because JR had done her homework and gave a lot of background information about the products. I thought Fleur was a bit drippy in not answering back or at least responding to JR in some way or other.

I rather enjoyed the show, because JR had done her homework and gave a lot of background information about the products. I thought Fleur was a bit drippy in not answering back or at least responding to JR in some way or other.

JR always appears to have done her homework and is very professional. On the whole I enjoy her hours more than any other and I can "forgive" her occasional prima donna performances !

Linda

Is there any point to models anyway...

I'm gonna be really contraversial here, exactly what is the point of the models when there is a female presenter on the jewellery promotions? Half the time (the models) are not showing the jewellery at the right angle...I don't think they wear feedback to the gallery and they mustn't be able to see a monitor either. If they did surely they would see for themselves that they have a twist in the chain, an earring that no-one can see or a ring turned away from the camera. Therefore, I repeat...what is their point when a female is presenting jewellery?

I'm gonna be really contraversial here, exactly what is the point of the models when there is a female presenter on the jewellery promotions? Half the time (the models) are not showing the jewellery at the right angle...I don't think they wear feedback to the gallery and they mustn't be able to see a monitor either. If they did surely they would see for themselves that they have a twist in the chain, an earring that no-one can see or a ring turned away from the camera. Therefore, I repeat...what is their point when a female is presenting jewellery?
apart from when its selling earrings and the presenter is Jilly Halliday!!

Totally agree. Think it's time JR was put in her place. She might be the longest serving presenter, as she never ceases to remind us, but that doesn't mean she's the most professional!.

As for that particular "performance", she was literally begging for Tcallers in the end. Says it all :18:

It's the fake laugh and the putting on of silly voices that irritates me. When she's on with Simon Wilson she's unwatchable with her in jokes and hair flicking and generaly behaving like a little girl.

So glad it's not just me that can't stand watching her, you think there must be something wrong with you when all the callers say how they have been longing to speak to her. She sooo loves the limelight.

I like Julia. But this show went down just as you said babytoes! Julia was being a bit of a strutting diva defo!

have to admit, i envy julia's confidence and strutting, i am the biege person that everyone overlooks and pushes in front of cos i have the 'i wont complain'.

whatever she has, if qvc could bottle it and flog it i might pay the p&p.

bossy yeah, but she gives m a warm feeling of actually being a very caring person

julia missed her vocation as a teacher

Last edited:
JR

Having met most of the presenters over the years, I can speak from experience on what they are like:-
Julia R - Bit of a Diva
Ali K - Really Nice
Ali Y - Very Cold
Pippa V - Funky and Very Beautiful
Debbie G - One of the nicest people you will meet
Ann D - Really nice..if a bit bonkers
Jilly H - Always Happy and smiley
Claire S - Flirty and Girlie - Very appealing
Jill F - Very warm, Very Friendly and a beautiful lady
Kathy T - Great fun, Really nice and bonkers
Claudia S - Very attractive but bit full of herself
Dale F - Great sense of humour and a really nice bloke