Magnetic bracelet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
I don't think so! Arrived today and wore it to do the shopping. As soon as I touched the side of the car it opened up and nearly fell off. Silly of me, should have thought. useless to have magnets in a bracelet. You would think the suits would have figured that one.

I have a couple of magnetic bracelets and apart from the fact that I occasionally stick to things like filing cabinets at work :20: and knives and forks at lunch :33:, I love them. They are both fairly chunky peices though with good magnetic clasps and I have returned one more delicate piece as the magnet didnt feel substantial enough.

Bet

I don't think so! Arrived today and wore it to do the shopping. As soon as I touched the side of the car it opened up and nearly fell off. Silly of me, should have thought. useless to have magnets in a bracelet. You would think the suits would have figured that one.

I think this is really funny - had never though of this, it always looked like a good idea.

If you put it in the post it will probably get to qvc with all the other packages which have metal inside them attached:lol:

Magnetic Bracelent

I have a couple of magnetic bracelets and apart from the fact that I occasionally stick to things like filing cabinets at work :20: and knives and forks at lunch :33:, I love them. They are both fairly chunky peices though with good magnetic clasps and I have returned one more delicate piece as the magnet didnt feel substantial enough.

Bet

LOL! Reminds me of when some friends got magnetic collars for their cats (to get in and out of the cat flap). When the cats were fed they got stuck to their metal bowls which they then dragged around the kitchen - feline takeaways!

LOL! Reminds me of when some friends got magnetic collars for their cats (to get in and out of the cat flap). When the cats were fed they got stuck to their metal bowls which they then dragged around the kitchen - feline takeaways!

Did every cat in the neighbourhood with the same collar get a free lunch too?:lol:

That is just soooo funny in my head!!!

Back on topic, I'd never even considered that magnetic bling might have this kind of drawback, I'll be avoiding in future (even though I don't actually have a car lol).

I've always avoided bracelets with magnetic fasteners because they can erase the information from the magnetic strip on your credit cards! This happened to us on holiday a few years ago. Our hotel keys were the card type ones and my son had bought some "rattlesnake's eggs" which are basically 2 strong magnets which you throw up in the air and they "rattle" when they come down together (don't ask! :rolleyes:) Anyway, long story short....the "eggs" and our room keys were in the same pocket one night, we couldn't get into our rooms and had to be issued with new card keys!!! ( We were very careful to keep our credit cards away from them after this!!)

Magnets can also affect quartz watches!!! :eek:

I think this is really funny - had never though of this, it always looked like a good idea.

If you put it in the post it will probably get to qvc with all the other packages which have metal inside them attached:lol:

Yes, this is really funny! I never thought of this happening either. And laughing at your comment on them getting stuck to other parcels in the post!! Hilarious!! (I personally, wouldn't order a magnetic fastener on jewellery unless I had a dexterity problem, so unless that happens, I guess I'm safe!)

Aw Topaz, now I'm weeing myself!

Funny you should post about magnetic bracelets, as my OH has lost his over the weekend and he's absolutely gutted! I bought it for him when IW were selling the 'Norstar' ones (I wonder what happened to them, as they were regularly featured with the late, great Steve Whatley)
Anyway, he has worn it virtually every day for about 5 or 6 years as (being an ex-scaffolder) he swears it relieves aches and pains in his hands, but the clasp was a bit loose and it has now disappeared. This morning he's had the whole house upside down looking for it and even emptied the wheelie bin and gone through all the yukky mucky stuff, just in case it was amongst the rubbish! I've even had a look inside the washing machine in case it had attached itself to the metal sides as they really are as powerful as they say!
I've just finished phoning around all the places we shopped in over the weekend, but to his dismay, no luck there either. He really is upset about it, so he must have found it a big help for pain relief and honestly, he isn't the sort to believe in 'hype'!
It wasn't cheap at £38, so as I can't afford another one just yet, he'll either have to buy his own or do without and just suffer, poor thing!

warning warning do not wear one of these magnetic bracelet at social gatherings, i am reliably informed some men nowadays have piercings in unusual and intimate places :33: mmmm but the on the other hand could be an ice breaker

Latest posts

Back