Today's delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

perdita

not impressed.....
I've been having a bit of a ringfest just lately. Well, I can justify it as I have 2 daughters...:54:

First pic is a kyanite and white sapphire ring. This feels very substantial on as it has a decent gold weight of 3.79 grams. The colour is very vibrant.

Secondly, a tanzanite ring I picked up for a very good price. This is my first piece of tanzanite so I would welcome opinions on the colour. The marquise stone is 0.55 carats.

Lastly, another tanzanite and to be honest I am disappointed with this one....even though I got it for just £28! The stones are pale and not very well matched and, unless it's my eyes, one of the side tanzanites is very much paler than the other two. I'll perhaps have to phone Katherine about this one. Again, all opinions gratefully received!

Last edited:
I've been having a bit of a ringfest just lately. Well, I can justify it as I have 2 daughters...:54:

First pic is a kyanite and white sapphire ring. This feels very substantial on as it has a decent gold weight of 3.79 grams. The colour is very vibrant.

Secondly, a tanzanite ring I picked up for a very good price. This is my first piece of tanzanite so I would welcome opinions on the colour. The marquise stone is 0.55 carats.

Lastly, another tanzanite and to be honest I am disappointed with this one....even though I got it for just £28! The stones are pale and not very well matched and, unless it's my eyes, one of the side tanzanites is very much paler than the other two. I'll perhaps have to phone Katherine about this one. Again, all opinions gratefully received!

I agree the first Tanzanite looks more vibrant than the other ,it looks a wishy washy colour sorry you did ask lol :) love the first tanzy

The kyanite and the first tanzanite are fab. The kyanite is such a gorgeous blue and I remember seeing the marquise tanzanite on screen and admiring it. As for the second tanzanite, well, if you have doubts, send it back because you are unlikely to wear it. I'll be honest and admit it's not to my taste, the others are much classier affairs.

I justify my jewellery habit because of my two daughters too, not forgetting the possibility of two future daughters-in-law. It's amazing how much you need just to make sure everyone willl be happy. ;)

Last edited:
Love the first ring a lush blue, also like the second one its hard to really see the true tanzy colours by pics but i prefer that to the trilogy ,i can see what you mean it seems paler and one of the stones does appear paler more lilac ..if that helps ..enjoy xxxx

Love the first ring a lush blue, also like the second one its hard to really see the true tanzy colours by pics but i prefer that to the trilogy ,i can see what you mean it seems paler and one of the stones does appear paler more lilac ..if that helps ..enjoy xxxx

What Marie said lol... I would really really like a Kyanite it's such an intense colour :)

Love kyanite and tanzy!! Kyanite is lovely. The first tanzy looks like a bettre colour than the second one! What did you pay for the first tanzy? I would send the second one back as it does look wishy washy. The tanzy on screen alway looks a deep colour but when you receive it its a bit lighter! HTH

The marquise tanzy was £49, BH. I'm going to have another look at all three rings tomorrow and decide which go to Rocks and which go to Stanley's!! (I'm not normally someone who returns items TBH. I think I've only ever returned 3 items to Rocks!!)

Not being a dark blue stone kinda gal,I have to say that the kyanite looks lovely,simple and classy.
The marquis tanzy is very nice,looks a decent colour too especially for the price you would have paid(not sure how much but knowing rocks....).

The second one does look a bit awry on the colour matching,and if I am honest the marquis one for style etc is so much nicer that it seems a bit of an also ran........just my opinion though.

Enjoy your keepers:1:

I think it's best to buy graded tanzanite then you have an idea of what to expect. The kyanite ring is gorgeous. Sleep on it and I'm sure you'll know what you want to do in the morning.

from the pictures i would definatly keep the first two and send back the trilogy the stones do look a bit pale and mismatched or see if they have another one they could send you for a comparison to see if a different ring is better colour matched

love the first two rings. be careful with the kyanite as it's not a strong stone.

the tanzy on the third one is definitely paler and has some windowing - but for £28 you arent going to get plush stones tbh - I doubt you could pick up a ring of that size from QVC for under £30. However, if in doubt, return the item as you are much less likely to wear it when you have a niggle.

Latest posts

Back