The DPD man has just been...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shireen

Registered Shopper
I shouldn't be spending as I dont have a job at the minute but the lure of sparklies got to me again :29:

First the keepers....

The 2 pairs of cufflinks are absolutely beautiful, the amethyst stones are really deep and beautiful.
The blue topaz earrings are so pretty. I just love this cut and they are a lovely swimming pool blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 237
I love Rocks' cufflinks. Sadly, the men in my life don't wear them. Pretty earrings too and I understand the urge to spend, even when you aren't working. Resistance is futile. :)

The men in my life are my husband and two sons. Nothing naughty going on here!!

Last edited:
I wish my OH would wear cufflinks...I really like the amethyst ones in particular! Lovely earrings too...I bought these in green amethyst and in smokey quartz for my 2 daughters......really unusual cut of gemstone. Enjoy!

If you read my previous thread you will remember that I had to send back a ring because it was so tarnished. Unfortunately there wasn't any stock left so I had to have a refund. When I saw these I jumped at the chance as I loved the design...

I was so disappointed when they arrives as they were both very dirty and had the white marks on them. When I checked the stock on CR there weren't any left so I took a chance on cleaning one of them. Fortunately it cleaned up okay so I cleaned the other one as well. The lemon quartz one is bent out of shape a little bit but I can live with that.

The photo's are the green amethyst before cleaning and after, the lemon quartz after cleaning and a photo in which I tried to show how it was mis-shapen but I dont think you can really see it

Attachments

• IMG_0013#001.jpg
    IMG_0013#001.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0014#001.jpg
    IMG_0014#001.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0012#002.jpg
    IMG_0012#002.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0011#001.jpg
    IMG_0011#001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 232
That's some difference you've made to the green amethyst!

The lemon quatrz isn't quite perfect but is it really noticeable when it's on your finger? Can you live with it?

When I'm in two minds about something, I pack the items away and look at them with fresh eyes the following day...my gut reaction on day two is usually the right one!!

Now I dont know whether to keep this one or not.... I really like it but when I look at the tananite I dont see the colour as you see it in the photo's. It's as though there is too much light coming up from underneath the ring and it makes it all wishy washy... Having said that in a lamplit room you can see the colour....

I have to think long and hard as to whether I will wear it very often...

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 247
That's some difference you've made to the green amethyst!

The lemon quatrz isn't quite perfect but is it really noticeable when it's on your finger? Can you live with it?

When I'm in two minds about something, I pack the items away and look at them with fresh eyes the following day...my gut reaction on day two is usually the right one!!

I have squished it and it looks a lot better now but I am going to take your advice and pack them away and look at them again tomorrow :)

The colour certainly looks good in the photographs. I know exactly what you mean about the colour though...I received 2 tanzanite rings today and am disappointed with colour in strong sunlight. (One of the rings is a trilogy and to be honest the colour matching of the 3 stones isn't great!)

Now.... A bangle I was debating buying came up at a very good price (Darn you Emma lol) so I jumped in. I was so so disappointed when I took it out of the box :(

The inside of the bangle is what can only be described as mangled, and inside the groove looks filthy! I will be sending it back for a replacement in the hopes that the others are not the same....

Attachments

• IMG_0016#002.jpg
    IMG_0016#002.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0019#002.jpg
    IMG_0019#002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0025#001.jpg
    IMG_0025#001.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 235
The colour certainly looks good in the photographs. I know exactly what you mean about the colour though...I received 2 tanzanite rings today and am disappointed with colour in strong sunlight. (One of the rings is a trilogy and to be honest the colour matching of the 3 stones isn't great!)

I just went and had a quick look at yours and yes the marquise ring of yours is similar to mine so you will get the same effect. I wonder whether it's the cut? It's not your eyes on the colour matching either, I can see it as well. It's a shame as it is a lovely ring.

Shireen are rocks sending you all the yucky jewellery lol - Sorry but I still cannot see how the ring and the bangle - which is a new design be so bad and yet pass QC!!

I would return the tanzy if you are not sure!!

I was expecting a mega haul today but there seem to be some stock problems with my order!! Hope I do get it before end of week!!

Lovely Tookalon pieces there! I found a number of my pieces were very dirty or tarnished but they cleaned up fine..perhaps "primitive" cleaning techniques where they are made?

I'm a bit on the fence with rocks, don't get me wrong the cs is impeccable,s but I do find some of the stuff is a bit hit and miss and not all the quality is good, I have a white topaz silver ring and have to be careful when I wear it as if I'm not careful it cuts my finger, it a bit of a rough finish and had I not won it for a £1 it would've gone back. I think some items are excellent and are worth a lot more than what you pay but I think they have to sell a bit of not so good stuff to balance things out.

i have to agree here those pieces of bent jewellery should never of been sent out like that, because i have bought loads of pieces i can overlook the odd piece thats not up to scratch but i do fear that a newbie having pieces sent to them in such a state would i'm sure be very disappointed with the quality and probably not purchase more items i know its difficult but whats it going to be like if rocks really takes off big time which of course we hope it does but the quality control is going to have to get better than it is now .I had to send back a necklace this week as it was broken when i opened the box,but i did have a lot of other pieces that were lovely and of course are keepers but its not good if you only have a couple of things or as i said a new customer

That's a good point Milly about newbies. I've had one necklace arrive with a broken clasp, and a pair of mismatched cufflinks. I think if it wasn't for the fact that we 'know' Steve Bennett from Gems days, I may have been put off. However, the fantastic way in which any problems are dealt with, to me, compensate for the odd hiccough I've had.

It seems some of you have had a few problems, so if Rocks aren't careful, they may lose custom if their QC isn't up to scratch.

Having said all that, I've got another order on it's way :4:

:doggie:

Well I sent the tanzanite ring back as I still wasn't sure this morning. I love the design and setting but I think I would prefer a different stone to the Tanzanite. I have also sent the bangle back and asked for a replacement, we will wait and see it that is better.

As a newbie I have been disappointed with at least one item in every order I have recieved so far but have continued to order as there are so many people that have raved about the jewellery. How much longer I continue to shop with Rocks remains to be seen but I am already at the point where I know I will have to return something from every delivery which isn't a good sign...

On a high note though... I wore my lemon quartz ring this morning and smiled everytime I looked at it. I do love that design lol

The lemon quartz is lovely shireen, but I would return all items damaged or dirty
I also have to return items regularly; faulty clasp on bracelet, stone fell out of a citrine ring, and some items do not look as good as shown on screen. (colours are paler IRL)
I have been pleased with the overwhelming majority of items which I bought at a great price, eventhough I had to return items every time. Luckily, the CS is outstanding.
But now, for me, the novelty of rocks is wearing off a bit and can't see any new interesting items. I havent logged in for days, seems my addicition could be over (could it really??)

hi Shireen, I love your taste in jewellery - have always loved the Tookalon range and have seen some smashing pieces, even if I couldnt keep them. am glad the jewellery cleaned up well for you to wear. great shame about that battered bangle - I think the hammered silver look went out with the 70s! hope they've got a replacement for you.

I really liked that marquise tanzy & diamond twist ring - it's similar to a ceylon sapphire engagement ring I almost chose a thousand years ago lol - it looked to have lots of sparkle and the coloured was quite good.

hope these small hiccups don't put you off buying, although I know how the guilt kicks in when you havent got a job lol. Steve B's team do work wonders and their integrity cannot be faulted.

Latest posts

Back