nothing to buy on qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or is any one else finding it hard to buy anything decent on qvc these days? I haven't bought anything since 27th December when I bought some leighton Denny nail polishes. They were ok but I only managed to keep it on for 2 days before it started to chip off. I am waiting for the Kipling tsv coming up soon. I hope it is under £40.00 and on easy pay. I have found that hardly anything is on easy pay since christmas. Changing the subject slightly does anyone else miss Lee from Philosophy?

Last edited:
Nothing much to watch... Nothing much to buy... but then I am determined now that whenever I flick over to QVC I instantly flick to something else. I do think that if there were loads of TSVs around the £25-£30 mark I would be sorely tempted, but then I have so many handbags, nail products and so much beauty now, I really think it will be at least another 6 months before I buy anything else again.

Yes - I miss Lee too, I used to love watching his shows. It's not quite the same without him.
I'm buying lots of crafting stuff from QVC rather than C&C because of the fantastic new Kanban kits. Their new designers are doing a fantastic job - really gorgeous art deco kits, A4 card kits etc.
Wish there were more Laura Geller, DuWop, Smashbox shows on but my postman is enjoying having fewer parcels being delivered. Spring fashion day will be another no watch day for me, at least there is a silver day coming up. QVC does tend to excel with their silver designs :)

My postman thinks I have moved as he's had nothing to deliver for so long. My bank manager is pleased that I have been spending less as well. Laura Geller and smashbox are usually good value, especially their kits, but nothing has grabbed me lately.

I have only bought two things from qvc this year - some smashbox and some yankee candles, and no tsvs. I would normally buy 5-6 items a month but it is so boring or expensive these days.

I also forgot - you lot manage to help me spend my money elsewhere nowadays - Furry boots, Dents bags, Yankeedoodle and Jaynes JBD!!!!! All much better goods and value than qvc and the shipping is cheaper (usually free) and so much quicker.

I bought a few items the last time Ralph was on from Honora, will probably buy a few things from the SW Silver range over the weekend when Carolyn Pollack is on, and most likely buy from Leighton Denny on Monday but apart from these shows I'm not too bothered at the moment.

Not much else that I am that keen on at all really so bank balance is quite safe.

I haven't bought anything much for ages and used to buy all the time. Don't know if I'm becoming more cynical of their sales patter after joining this site or because most of the TSV have been really expensive lately. I've even been looking at the TV schedule and nothing grabs my attention.

We would all love to know what has happened to Lee, someone out there must know!

Don't know if I'm becoming more cynical of their sales patter after joining this site or because most of the TSV have been really expensive lately.

I'm definitely more cynical. Anyone else think they shot themselves in the foot with the search for a new presenter? That made me a lot more cynical, hearing about how presenters should personalise things more, add anecdotes about their family etc. It opened my eyes a bit!

Reminds me too of when a friend's daughter working in a sports shop was told to make comments about a customer's purchases i.e. 'that's such a great top/pair of trainers, I bought those as a gift as they're so lovely etc. I'd experienced that a few days earlier and though the sales assistant's comments were genuine!

Hmm.... and don't get me started on the 'thanks for waiting' comments in M&S and other places. What else are we going to do!

I haVe just noticed an Elemis hot pick for £191.00 for a mothers day gift. It isn't even on easy pay. I think qvc is out of touch with reality sometimes.

I agree with you loveheart there is just nothing I really want to buy. I hope that you returned the LD nail polishes, I only buy OPI now since I find they are by far the best. Looking forward to something nice from SW Silver to cheer myself up.

I kept them because I liked the colours and all makes of varnish don't seem to lng on me. I have got opi as well as nails inc. but they all chip within a few days. I bought the last opi tsv which I loved but still find it hard to keep colours on for long.

I kept them because I liked the colours and all makes of varnish don't seem to lng on me. I have got opi as well as nails inc. but they all chip within a few days. I bought the last opi tsv which I loved but still find it hard to keep colours on for long.

You need a good top coat - have a search on here (may be in the drop though!) as there have been many threads on which people say is the best.
My favourite is Sech Vite.

I don't buy too much at all nowadays, tends to be TSVs from brands that I know I will like (Kipling, Gatineau) I can't remember the last time I was tempted by a new brand, especially in beauty where TSVs seem to be so expensive.

I do, however, regularly check jewellery Last Clicks where there's still bargains to be had - currently on the way is a Clogau ivy leaf gold ring reduced from £190ish to £120ish

I think Philosophy and QVC have shot themselves in the feet letting Lee go. it must have been something truly awful, like washing in Dove or something.

But seriously, I watched a video of a philosophy product and his demonstration was so clear and so easily understood. It does look as if there are far fewer programmes now, is that hard woman from US going to come over every time?

wish we could contact him.

I know this is sad but I have tried to to google Lee several times but have found nothing, its as if he has vanished of the face of the earth.I can't stand the american woman and have bought nothing from philosophy since she has been doing the shows.

Well QVC have done me a huge favour because I have saved a fortune since Christmas! I bought the H2O steam mop in early January - not based on a QVC demo but because my Mum loaned hers to me, I tried it and loved it on my hard flooring. I checked online and QVC had it on 4x Easy Pay so got a sale.

Since then I have only bought TSV plants at around £16. For someone who has been known to order almost daily when in my most addicted state, I can only say that the recent offerings from QVC have helped me to resist. TSVs have been ridiculously expensive or within reach but without Easy Pays on offer, making them less attractive. I also find some of the presenters hard to watch so give shows a miss if they are presenting.

I haven't totally given up on buying - I've bought a leather handbag direct from Kipling's website, half the price of the same bag on QVC's website, and also the fantastic Smashbox Ultimate Palette from Jayne at Just Beauty Direct.

Yes I'm missing Philosopy's Lee. One of the better guests. Nicely presentable, clearly spoken, knowledgeable about the products.

Now if Jayne could just start selling Gatineau we would have no need to ever buy anything from QVC again. Smashbox from Just Beauty Direct, Furry Boots from Amazon, Handbags from Kipling-direct or Dents, Candles from Yankeedoodle, Tarts from Darl. I think we are just about sorted!!

Now that the novelty of getting freeview, and therefore access to TV shopping, has worn off, (and also to prevent my debit card going into meltdown,) I've only ordered replacements for things that I have run out of recently, from QVC. If I see anything I like, I usually google it to see if I can get it cheaper elsewhere, and thanks to my finding this forum I usually can.

Mind you, I've got enough moisturisers and make up stockpiled to last me a life time anyway, so there's no way I can justify ordering that sort of thing now, for decades. :54:

Latest posts

Back