buying limits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
anyone checked the items for sale on the website recently? there are items with prices of over £2000 on just now(paraiba etc)

not much point if you can only buy up to £500

anyone checked the items for sale on the website recently? there are items with prices of over £2000 on just now(paraiba etc)

not much point if you can only buy up to £500

The £500 limit if for online auctions only, it will allow you to check out and buy more from the online store.

I have been wondering though if the items on the store are returns as any rings I have sent back appear on the online store about a week later. Also I am seeing lots of items come up that I have seen over the last month on TV. Shame that none of the ones I missed and wanted are there though :17:

The same companies Sacha!

I seriously wouldn't call those "champagne" though! Cognac suits them much better as they look like that juicy coppery colour. Mind you, it's immaterial because brown diamonds aren't graded like that anyway lol!

Was just having a browse round the website after reading Faerie's post and spotted this

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=457 677

and thought..hey up...it looks familiar

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UWH9689&menuselection=3&colourScheme=1

Rocks call it Champagne Diamonds and Gems call it Cognac, look pretty identical to me. Makes me wonder
who exactly made these pieces? :33:

Maybe they just buy in the cheaper silver rings and keep the more expensive gold pieces exclusive to Rocks. Make sense money wise to do it that way I guess!

Looks like all the jewellery channels have shot themselves in the foot with their claims of "own design", "our own workshop", "cutting out the middlemen", "blahdy-blah".

Will these companies never learn, we don't mind bought-in goods if price and quality is fair, we know truly unique designs will be expensive, we are fed up with the assumption that we are all as thick as two short ones. Customer service is the number one priority for most if not all of us, all sorts of mistakes and faulty items (within reason of course) can be forgiven if the customer service is up to scratch.

Carry on lying to us and treating us like utter twits and we'll be gone. I'd rather deal with somebody who says "I'm sorry but I don't know", than somebody who just makes it up as they go along. All businesses seem to think "I don't know" are swear words. What's wrong with "I don't know, I'll see if I can find out for you", followed by the truth?

One of the joys of the internet - be sure your fibs will come up from behind and catch you.

Power to the peeps
Citizen Argey

Welcome to the world of jewellery buying Citizen Argey! Totally agree with you.

I HATE when jewellery outlets (and I'm definitely not aiming this at Rocks & Co) say "this is designed and made by us and is exclusive" when quite clearly the item is bought from a mass producer and hasn't been designed by anybody other than the mass producer - tinkered with perhaps but that's a world apart away from "being designed by". That's dishonest.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in saying "we buy everything in" or indeed "we buy most of our jewellery in but do work with some partners to produce designs just for us" IF that's the truth and the prices aren't inflated and still what people expect.

From a logical standpoint however, it's virtually impossible to produce everything with the margins that most of these companies work to. Sometimes the power of bulk buying will win over. Let's just hope that the jewellery companies are honest about it.

Off soapbox!

Was just having a browse round the website after reading Faerie's post and spotted this

http://www.rocksandco.com/Jewellery/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=457 677

and thought..hey up...it looks familiar

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UWH9689&menuselection=3&colourScheme=1

Rocks call it Champagne Diamonds and Gems call it Cognac, look pretty identical to me. Makes me wonder
who exactly made these pieces? :33:

Well spotted Sacha. I was trying to see how the prices compared but can't find the price of the Gems TV one unfortunately.

Well..........early last Autumn Gems did a big feature on silver rings set with coloured diamonds. I ordered a selection
so that my DD and myself could choose which we preferred. We both went for differing Blue Diamond ones
and I also got this Cognac ring. The BD's were £49 and the CD was a bit more at £59. The diamonds are small
but certainly a reddish coppery colour as Meesh suggested.

I would certainly recommend this ring from Rocks&Co at their price, even tho' I later saw much of the Gems range
on their website at about half the initial price. What we both like about these designs are the thickness and width
of silver band (same all the way round), no hollowing out on the inside and so gives a very comfortable feel indeed.

I figured out from the outset that Rocks & Co jewellery was made in the same factory as Gems TV's, but I do think the companies must have quite a bit of input into the design and manufacture - although a few of the designs are indeed identical, most of Rocks' designs are much better than most of what is on Gems IMHO. The two channels also have some different gemstones (e.g. matrix opal on Rocks, ayanna spinel om Gems).

Latest posts

Back