Skagen Watch Replacement Batteries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kath

Registered Shopper
I wonder if any of you have had any problems getting a new battery fitted on your watch? I love my Skagen watch I purchased from QVC. I took it to my local Jewellery shop and they said they could supply me with a battery but they would not fit it. They didn't want to accept any liability for breaking the glass face.
I have managed to take the back off the watch and fit the battery (which cost me £4) but I am unable now to clip the back of the watch in place. I have been at this for ages and to be honest, it has now put me off buying any more Skagen watches from QVC.
I shall have to take it around to my friend's house to see if they can sort it out.:52:

We have a few Skagen watches and one jeweller always says that he will change the battery but it is at our risk - another one is happy to do this but I think that he is approved by Skagen (not sure how). I have been told that the glass is thinner than on most watches. We have also had to change the glass on one of them and managed to do this in a place in London (we found the contact details on the skagen uk website)

So far we have been lucky in that the jeweller has not cracked the glass when changing the battery but I don't think they want to take the responsibility for anything going wrong.

You could try contacting Skagen's Official Service Centre (Zeon Ltd )
Tel: 0871 288 45 88

(The following numbers may work instead of the 0871 number. (020) 8208 1833 /8830 7144/45 -I managed to find them by looking up Zeon Ltd)

They may be able to help you.

Yes I have had that problem, the jewellers refuse to touch the brand unless they sell it. Well that was the reason I was given for this one.

A local shop which sells Police sunglasses and funky brand watches did it for a fiver for me.

I wonder if any of you have had any problems getting a new battery fitted on your watch? I love my Skagen watch I purchased from QVC. I took it to my local Jewellery shop and they said they could supply me with a battery but they would not fit it. They didn't want to accept any liability for breaking the glass face.
I have managed to take the back off the watch and fit the battery (which cost me £4) but I am unable now to clip the back of the watch in place. I have been at this for ages and to be honest, it has now put me off buying any more Skagen watches from QVC.
I shall have to take it around to my friend's house to see if they can sort it out.:52:

I have a few watches and never had trouble getting the batteries changed. One time I went into Harrods but that was quite expensive (£15.00) but the next coupe of times I went into Watches of Switzerland who charged a tenner.

My jeweller will change any watch battery, even Cartier, who charge a fookin fortune if the watch gets sent to them. :rolleyes: :pPC:

Latest posts

Back