Still not got my refund

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I sent back a notebook on, because it was faulty, it was picked up from me on 19th January, I had to practically force the driver to give me areceipt he said they dont normally, any way all the payments have now left my bank nearly £300 and still no refund, I have contacted customer service and been told Samsung haven't let them know yet it has been returned.

That is very slow for a refund.
Unfortunately we are hearing more of this from QVC, it does nothing for their appeal.

Hope you get it soon.

how did you pay for it? if it was by credit card, i would call qvc cs, ask to speak to a manager and say that if they do not start the refund asap you will contact your bank to make a complaint. qvc should be able to make one quick call to samsung who in turn should make one quick call to the courier and then back to qvc - all this should be able to done within an hour....sorry bit p****d off with couriers today - just had one at the door and i think i slammed the door so loud after he went i almost took the door off its hinges!

That is slow LucyLoo. Hope you get that refuend very soon. I am still waiting for someone to collect this faulty Tony Little stepper, they seem to be taking forever.

how did you pay for it? if it was by credit card, i would call qvc cs, ask to speak to a manager and say that if they do not start the refund asap you will contact your bank to make a complaint. qvc should be able to make one quick call to samsung who in turn should make one quick call to the courier and then back to qvc - all this should be able to done within an hour....sorry bit p****d off with couriers today - just had one at the door and i think i slammed the door so loud after he went i almost took the door off its hinges!

Ooops, you obviously weren't living up to your name right then. So what did the courier do to get you so mad?

i sent a jvc camcorder back a coupe of weeks ago - they received item on monday (2 days after posting) and i was refunded om the friday!
Good luck with your refund, i'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer.

Ooops, you obviously weren't living up to your name right then. So what did the courier do to get you so mad?

I know...It is very bad on my part...I had two items arriving - a table and chair set that was replacing the table that the next door's builders damaged whilst erecting scaffolding and a new exercise bike...I think I got a bit annoyed because a. the bike is for my boyfriend who is strugling with his health a bit and this is (we hope) the start of a new chapter of health, and b. the courier was so unhelpful....but i am now nice and relaxed and happy and hopefully spreading good vibes!

If it was faulty then under the Sale of Goods Act you are entitled to a prompt refund. Check the Trading Standards site.

It took QVC longer than that to refund the aiptek camcorder I returned-after many phone calls they accused me of keeping the sd card-which I absolutely did not,in fact it took me days to be able to wipe the card to return it as the darn thing was so awkward to use. When I threatened going to the CEO they refunded. They are now refusing to refund software I bought which wouldn't load in my laptop-just spun round and wouldn't load. They say I didn't 'return the reason for return' slip-which I did.They are refusing either refund or return of software so I can take it up with the manufacturer-so I feel another threat coming on! I am so sick of QVC and keep vowing never to use them again,then get tempted and regret it later.
I hope you get this sorted quicker than I did with the IQON computer-that took me around 8 months and almost went as far as legal action.

I've just rang them again, and they say they are waiting for an email from samsung, and told me to check again tomorrow

I've just rang them again, and they say they are waiting for an email from samsung, and told me to check again tomorrow

Okay I am confused :(

Did it go back to Samsung or QVC?

If it went back to QVC then they have responsibility under Sale of Goods Act as the retailer but if you have returned to Samsung direct then what has it got to do with QVC now?

Okay I am confused :(

Did it go back to Samsung or QVC?

If it went back to QVC then they have responsibility under Sale of Goods Act as the retailer but if you have returned to Samsung direct then what has it got to do with QVC now?

QVC still have to refund as they took the money in the first place.

Sorry this is a new one to me? If an item is faulty I expect recourse through the retailer (QVC in this case) either under my consumer rights or their guarantee. If it is outside of this scope then I use the manufacturers warranty and deal with them.

Never come accross a situation where both involved?

QVC are the retailer but the item is Direct Dispatch from Samsung,so it has to be returned there,but QVC will refund your money.

Faulty or Damaged Products
10.1 We will refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which is delivered in a damaged or faulty condition. We will also refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which develops a fault within a period of 6 months from delivery (other than due to normal wear and tear, failure to follow instructions or misuse).

10.2 Alternatively, and at your option, QVC will replace the product with the same, or a similar product (subject to stock availability). Contact our Customer Service representatives (see section 15 below) who will send you a pre-paid label to return the product by post or arrange for a courier to collect it from you. Please include your membership details and order number (if possible) with the returned product and indicate whether you require a refund or replacement (subject to stock availability). If the product is to be returned by post, please remember to obtain proof of posting. Please allow 30 days from our receipt of your product for your refund to be processed or a replacement product to be despatched.

10.3 We reserve the right to refuse to issue a refund/replacement product and to recover the cost of the return delivery from you in the event that the product is found to have suffered damage after delivery or has been misused or used other than in accordance with the instructions or if the problem is due to normal wear and tear. We do ask that damaged or faulty products are returned promptly.

10.4 For further information on how to return faulty or damaged products see our returns policy at www.qvcuk.com or on QVC Active.

10.5 Nothing in this section or elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions or in our returns policy affects your statutory legal rights.

****Well I guess the 30-days are up this week. Disgraceful to take that long though IMHO.****

Right it arrived and the touch pad didn't work properly, so I rang QVC who said they would get it collected, which they did, but they say it was collected and returned to Samsung, as it was originally sent direct from Samsung, and as QVC have now taken all the payments, they need to give me a refund I hope, as I could really do with the £300 Because it was a present for Christmas and I had to buy something else,

I've just rang again and they now say I should have the reund by the end of the week, and they've just said refunds can take up to 21days, well mine has been more than 21days

Oh dear I assumed it developed a fault after some time. If it arrived faulty then in addition to your rights under Sale of Goods you were covered by the Distance Selling Regs anyway.

QVC are fobbing you off. They were the retailer and so whether it was sent from their warehouse or Samsung is irrelevant to you. Your contract was with QVC.

Under the Distance Selling Regs you are entitled to your refund within 30 days and can sue them for compensation otherwise.

Regardless of regulations I just think for a company the size of QVC this is shoddy behaviour and I would be furious. Tell them you will be contacting the OFT if the refund is not immediate. You can also contact your credit card company after 30 days but what unnecessary extra hassle for you :(

I think we have all noticed our returns taking longer and perhaps this is a ploy by QVC to assist cashflow during these hard times....

Getting fed up now so I've rang again, and now been told Samsung have answered their email, and QVC have now issued the refund but wait for it, that can take up to five working days, so that will be another week before I get my money back, and I used my switch card so could really do with it, I've had right go at them, they might just have lost a very good customer.

Oh and I've looked at my return note and it was actually collected on the 13th January.I think that is 35days way over the 21days I've kept being quoted, I feel like ringing them back again and telling them

This is very shabby, not sounding exactly lawful and poor public relations. Enough to put you off buying an expensive item from QVC considering you could have walked straight into a high street retailer and got a refund on the spot.

I'm cross on your behalf so can imagine how you feel :(

Extract from DSR:

When do I have to refund a consumer’s money if they cancel
an order?
3.46 As soon as possible after the consumer cancels, and in any case
within 30 days at the latest. You must refund the consumer’s money
even if you have not yet collected the goods or had them returned to
you by the consumer. You cannot insist on the goods being received
by you before you make a refund.

Latest posts

Back