Pro-strong ~ Does it work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emma

Registered Shopper
Hello,
I'm having a lot of trouble with my nails at the moment.
Myfinger nails are very weak and shattering which is a new problem for me. I also bashed a finger in the door and its gone black and all mishapen.
I also lost my big toe nail last year and it grew back eventually, now it has cracked half way down again and obviously it has come off again.
Does pro strong work. Feel like i need to strengthen all of my nails. Have looked on the QVC website but there's loads to choose from and dont know what i need.
Grateful of any advice.
I have just been to Boots to get some vitamins for hair and nails so not sure if that'll help.
Thanks guys.
x

I didn't like it at all. It peeled off everyday on me!!! At least OPI stayed on a few days. I ended up having to apply everyday, perhaps it was my job? Then I was told my problem is very dry dehydrated nails so I need lots of moisture not strenghters.

Pro strong worked for me Emma but you have to use it all the time to get good results.

You should also massage a cuticle oil in to your nails as often in a day as you can.
I would also recommend Liz Earle superbalm

I did not like it at all either. It also made my nails more peely then ever, and they became more brittel. Tried QPI and was happier with that. Found the Leighton denny hydroflex quiet good. The damage to the toe in splitting has damaged the nail in the nail bed, or at least that is what I have been told, and is very difficult to get rid of as it results in a weakness of the nail. Any advise you ladies have is also much appreciated here.

The Pro-Strong Flouride strengthener worked on my nails making them stronger, but made them peel too, so it wasn't really worth it in the end. OPI Nail Envy didn't work at all, in fact made my nails soft and weak.

I've found the best thing is to make sure, as other posters have said, I always put some form of cuticle balm on which seems to help them when they grow - superbalm is great, as is LD Slick Tips and a recent find is Burt's Bees cuticle balm.

I really didnt like it at all ,if anything I think it made my nails worse . It seemed to peel of a layer of nail when it chipped off , which it did easily

Pro strong didn't work for me, but Trind products are FABULOUS and Jayne sells them on her website :1: I use the cuticle balm, cutical remover and nail balm and strengthener.

Hi everyone, we had a discussion about nails some time back, didn't we. I have spent loads and used loads, Prostrong, OPI plus all the brands you can get in Boots and then some. But none of them worked for me. I used to have lovely long strong nails and all of a sudden they started to flake and the top layer would peel off completely. I was told to try massaging sweet almond oil in the cuticles which I did and it did seem to help, but then I remembered QVC used to sell Zoom Nail Eat and Drink. I did some research and found the Nail Care Club and all the Zoom products are there. I have been using the nail eat and drink now for six weeks and at last my nails are beginning to recover. I also use their Qtica cream every night.They are still fairly short, but thankfully no more flaking. I would really recomend these products although, like every thing else what is good for one may not be good for someone else. I hope this helps.

PS Just a thought, I have also used vaseline, rub it in your nails and cuticles each night,it helps to moisturise the nail bed.

Buttercorn.

Don't think i'll bother with pro strong then.
Thanks again all of you.
x

Hi Emma

As someone who has naturally had bad nails all my life I have tried over the years everything in this thread plus prior to discovering QVC just about everything else!

My nails are just thin, flake and break easily. Just bad genes I think because I also have rubbish hair :(

Pro-Strong had no effect on mine. Anyway for some years now I have relied on OPI Nail Envy and OPI Avoplex and mostly if I remember to apply then I have acceptable nails - not very long but just enough to look nice. I have to keep them filed because they will not take too much length unless I am being very easy on my hands. Believe me any length is a miracle for me!

Regarding your nail damage, yes it can take some time depending on the severity of trauma for the bed to right itself and grow correctly again.

If your nails are shattering but are not actually weak and bendy then they may simply be lacking moisture so be careful about some hardners which may make matters worse.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info everybody. Like Emma, I was considering the Pro-strong but have now decided against it. My nails are quite long but are subjected to to quite harsh treatment and I need to give them some nourishment. I'm going to try Zoom I think!

Like lots of other people, the prostrong was not very good for my nails it made them even more brittle than they were, I would also recommend regular massage of oil into the cuticles as this seems to improve the condition of my nails as well

Hi everyone, we had a discussion about nails some time back, didn't we. I have spent loads and used loads, Prostrong, OPI plus all the brands you can get in Boots and then some. But none of them worked for me. I used to have lovely long strong nails and all of a sudden they started to flake and the top layer would peel off completely. I was told to try massaging sweet almond oil in the cuticles which I did and it did seem to help, but then I remembered QVC used to sell Zoom Nail Eat and Drink. I did some research and found the Nail Care Club and all the Zoom products are there. I have been using the nail eat and drink now for six weeks and at last my nails are beginning to recover. I also use their Qtica cream every night.They are still fairly short, but thankfully no more flaking. I would really recomend these products although, like every thing else what is good for one may not be good for someone else. I hope this helps.

PS Just a thought, I have also used vaseline, rub it in your nails and cuticles each night,it helps to moisturise the nail bed.

Buttercorn.

I always thought the Nail eat and drink was confusing but I did like the Qtica for the cuticles and the small pot seemed to last forever

I have tried everything on the market, but with disappointing results
My nails break, split, chip.... you name it and I don't want to use hardeners like opi, prostrong, sally hansen...
I started using Essie apricot cuticle oil, as it got good reviews on MUA, and found a cheap bottle on ebay. I also think the solution is to keep them hydrated, and I should use cuticle balm several times a day. I really hope this will work. I also bought a nail vitamin supplement from Holland & Barrets
I read good comments about zoom and qtica, and I will probably buy this later on. My quest for perfect nails is not yet over

Last edited:
I always thought the Nail eat and drink was confusing but I did like the Qtica for the cuticles and the small pot seemed to last forever

I agree with this. I did find it okay at the time but odd that you had to decide what your nails needed. Think by the time you could see your nails were brittle or weak it was perhaps a bit late.

I have tried everything on the market, but with disappointing results
My nails break, split, chip.... you name it and I don't want to use hardeners like opi, prostrong, sally hansen...
I started using Essie apricot cuticle oil, as it got good reviews on MUA, and found a cheap bottle on ebay. I also think the solution is to keep them hydrated, and I should use cuticle balm several times a day. I really hope this will work. I also bought a nail vitamin supplement from Holland & Barrets
I read good comments about zoom and qtica, and I will probably buy this later on. My quest for perfect nails is not yet over

Diet and health can affect nails as well so its not always what you are putting on the nails.
Hope you find something that works for you Tia but like I said earlier Pro strong was the only strengthener that worked for me and I was a nail biter for a very long time :eek:
I loved the pro moisturiser although they have changed the formula now and I really swear by cuticle oils these days wouldnt be without them.

I had false nails on for a while recently for the first time. The nail technician warned me the nails would be very weak and soft after having them removed and she advised rather than buying expensve products to instead regularly rub olive oil into nails and cuticles. Once getting over the initial disguse of raiding the larder, i actually found it did the job much better than avoplex and the nails inc stuff. Worth a try??

I am another one who found Pro Strong made my nails worse.
I must try the olive oil though,thanks for the tip!

I'm obviously in a minority here because pro strong worked for me, and was so much better than nail envy.

I had stopped biting my nails and although my nails were growing they kept splitting at the top, nail envy didn't help. Then I tried the pro strong - i think it was the fluroide builder (it was in one of the tsvs) and it did the trick.

So when I go back to my old habits again :54: (about 4 different nail envy/LD/OPI kits and still I am biting my nails) I always pull out the pro-strong as the thing that stops the tops of my nails flaking.

I can't comment on the rest of the quality of my nails, not having grown them properly before.

Thank you to everyone for the tips from me too. Will try the olive oil as I have it, but will have a look at the Trind items recommended.:35: :1:

Latest posts

Back