Yankee Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Madge

Registered Shopper
On the yankee candles hour tonight they showed item 758234 which was I think the last tsv - 8 x 10oz yankee candle tumblers, they have them on 2 easy pays which is good :) I just wondered if anyone bought them when they were the tsv? and are they still good value at £46.20 plus p+p £5.95?

They normally sell for £8.99 each so approx £72 I think so still good value :)
TSV price was £42 + P&P

Last edited:
Thanks Bluebell the easy pay option has gone now but I'm going to go for it, it has has good reviews too

the candle tumblers are my favourites, they look so stylish without a "roof" (are they called toppers??).

Linda:1:

I bought these when they were the tsv,currently burning lemon lavender which is nice,you can really smell the lemon in it,I for one think this is a good value set,the candles will last ages if you burn them correctly,hope you enjoy them when they arrive,I bet you will!

the tumblers are my all time fav. as they are deep they burn longer than the med candles are are much cheaper. an excellent way to burn yankee candles. they are also quite wide so you really do scent the room with these. i belive them to be the very best value apart from the large candles when you see them on offer. they last me for several months.but they can be quite expensive.i bought 4 large jars last august. we burn them all the time i have only just finished them.

I really like the tumbler style candles. The Granny Smith one is lovely for the kitchen if you can get hold of one. I usually go to Boundary Mill for mine if I only want one or two.

boundary mill is good for yankee candles,they are cheaper than QVC and no postage charge either!!
tk maxx sometimes have them in aswell but there arent usually many fragrances to choose from
yankee doodle seems to be the best value at the mo and the postage charges are reasonable too

I will have a look at Boundary Mill, thanks queenie, boffy and Whatsinaname. I am waiting for the 8 tumblers I ordered from QVC, they seemed good value, does anyone know how crucial it is to burn for the three hours?

Madge, from listening to Michaela from Yankee on QVC, I think you have to burn the candle for 3 hours to get a "pool" of wax on the top. Apparently, this helps the candle to burn evenly and stops it forming a "tunnel" down the middle of the jar.

Don't use Yankee but generally with candles you also need to keep the wick trimmed to get best out of them too.

I will have a look at Boundary Mill, thanks queenie, boffy and Whatsinaname. I am waiting for the 8 tumblers I ordered from QVC, they seemed good value, does anyone know how crucial it is to burn for the three hours?

I am not sure about the tumblers but for the medium and large jars you need to burn for at LEAST 3 hours to avoid tunnelling

hiya
yes when the wax hits the sides of the jar or tumbler then that will stop the candle tunneling and then it will ensure it burns evenly all the way to the bottom
also keep wick short about a quarter of an inch,if you do this it really works and the candles last ages!!

Whilst we are on the technical candle stuff - is there anything you can do if a candle does tunnel. I have had it happen to one or two of mine, despite burning for at least 3 hours, I think one was on a slight slope so the wax was sloping!! Another one just tunnelled. I have tried pouring out some of the excess wax when it was hot or scooping some out when it had cooled - but neither of these methods was too sucessful.

Whilst we are on the technical candle stuff - is there anything you can do if a candle does tunnel. I have had it happen to one or two of mine, despite burning for at least 3 hours, I think one was on a slight slope so the wax was sloping!! Another one just tunnelled. I have tried pouring out some of the excess wax when it was hot or scooping some out when it had cooled - but neither of these methods was too sucessful.

It takes a bit of work but can be done rosey, when the sides soften start to push them down to the centre, do this gradually so you dont drown the wick, leave to burn for as long as you can, I had real problems with one of my medium jars and it took 12 hours of it burning for it to eventually get back to being totally level.
HTH

When I tried to do this it drowned the wick and just put the candle out, thats why I poured some out. I will try it more slowly next time.

Thanks Bluebell.

When I tried to do this it drowned the wick and just put the candle out, thats why I poured some out. I will try it more slowly next time.

Thanks Bluebell.

You have to leave the wick a bit longer than you normally would to ensure it doesnt drown it

Thanks for the advice everyone, are there certain candles that are suitable for daytime and others for evening?

I like the sweet or fruit ones - like French Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcake etc for the daytime and the musky ones like Midnight Jasmine for evenings - but sometimes I just put one on in the morning and leave it burning till I go to bed. And I have another burning in the Kitchen - normally a fruity one. It is nice when you go from room to room as you get a whiff of a different scent.

Latest posts

Back