Terrible trailer touting for T-callers.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elise

Registered Shopper
The title says it all really.

Did anyone else see that awful trailer with Claire last night, practically begging the creeping dead to phone in?

After all the recent negative comments there have been on here about T-callers it astonished me that they'd be encouraging it so pointedly.

Perhaps sales do go up after a t-caller, can't imagine why though, I turn the telly over or down when they come on.

T callers get on my nerves. QVC must see orders increase when they come live on air or i can't see why else they would encourage more of them. However I do like Claire and I suppose shes just doing her job.

Thanks dollydimple, I was thinking of callers but wondered why they were referred to as t callers, thought they must be 'special' in some way.

They are very annoying, a waste of time.

reverse psychology?

maybe the T caller slots allow viewers to jump (or hobble on crutches) to the phones and order without worrying they'll miss anything worth hearing?

Jude x

Are you a potential T Caller?

Take this simple quiz and judge for yourself!

1. Switching on to the Fashion Hour, do you say;

a] I'd rather be trapped in a cellar and eaten alive by rats than wear that.
b] I'll buy that in XXXXXL for my mother in law, she deserves to suffer.
c] I couldn't resist, Julia, I bought one in every colour, well, at that price it'd be silly not to, and let me tell you what the Captain said when I was on my cruise and wearing my Michele Hope kaftan...

2. You fancy buying a new computer. Do you;

a] Research the subject carefully, comparing well known brands, eventually making a considered purchase.
b] Buy one from Dave round the back of the pub after closing time.
c] Find yourself saying 'With the reassurance of a 30 day money back guarantee, Dale, I know I'm getting a top of the range deal, and at this price it'd be silly not to. What a great chance to take advantage of QVC's fantastic buying power.'

3. How many Diamonique rings do you own?

a] Are you kidding?
b] One.
c] 136. Well, at that price it'd be silly not to.

4. How many times have you been in hospital?

a] Never.
b] Once, when you had your tonsils out, aged 6.
c] You have a season ticket. You can recount, in great detail, exactly what the nurse said to you about your Carole Hochman nightie, and when you say you bought it off the telly from QVC, well, it'd be silly not to at that price, the nurse says... so I says... so she says .... [continue endlessly until phone line is mysteriously cut.]

5. Do you know what 'ml for ml value' means?

a] Who cares?
b] Yes.
c] 'Ml for ml value stands for 'what a great deal this is', thanks to the QVC buyers who've really pulled the stops out with this one, and the lovely people in Liverpool are so friendly, and at that price it'd be silly not to. And I'm the wrong side of 50 but since I've been buying QVC face creams, agency spotters stop me in the street and say I should be a supermodel.'

How to assess your answers;

Mostly As: BT has disconnected your phone in case any member of your family maliciously puts your call through to the studio for a laugh.

Mostly Bs: You could be a T caller with a lot of hard work and perseverance. Practice by standing in front of the mirror, holding an imaginary phone and saying 'Oooh, it's lovely, Charlie, and can I have a signed photo?' at regular intervals.

Mostly Cs: Congratulations! You are the perfect T caller and when you are invited to 'come through to the studio for a chat' there's no doubt you'll 'jump to the phones!'
[Well, it'd be silly not to … ]

c] I couldn't resist, Julia, I bought one in every colour, well, at that price it'd be silly not to, and let me tell you what the Captain said when I was on my cruise and wearing my Michele Hope kaftan...

a] Research the subject carefully, comparing well known brands, eventually making a considered purchase.
c] Find yourself saying 'With the reassurance of a 30 day money back guarantee, Dale, I know I'm getting a top of the range deal, and at this price it'd be silly not to. What a great chance to take advantage of QVC's fantastic buying power.'

a] Are you kidding?
b] One.

a] Never.
c] You have a season ticket. You can recount, in great detail, exactly what the nurse said to you about your Carole Hochman nightie, and when you say you bought it off the telly from QVC, well, it'd be silly not to at that price, the nurse says... so I says... so she says .... [continue endlessly until phone line is mysteriously cut.]

a] Who cares?
b] Yes.
c] 'Ml for ml value stands for 'what a great deal this is', thanks to the QVC buyers who've really pulled the stops out with this one, and the lovely people in Liverpool are so friendly, and at that price it'd be silly not to. And I'm the wrong side of 50 but since I've been buying QVC face creams, agency spotters stop me in the street and say I should be a supermodel.'

Mostly As: BT has disconnected your phone in case any member of your family maliciously puts your call through to the studio for a laugh.

Mostly Bs: You could be a T caller with a lot of hard work and perseverance. Practice by standing in front of the mirror, holding an imaginary phone and saying 'Oooh, it's lovely, Charlie, and can I have a signed photo?' at regular intervals.

Mostly Cs: Congratulations! You are the perfect T caller and when you are invited to 'come through to the studio for a chat' there's no doubt you'll 'jump to the phones!'

:D fantastic....though I fear I have a lot of work to do before I am a t caller

telephone callers who ring in.

I think the 't' stands for testimonial; in that you are giving a testimonial about the product.
I did this once a couple of years ago during a Suzi B hour. I did not think I was the 'creeping dead', or cringeworthy. Neither did I have any ailment to complain about or cruise story to tell. I just rang up to thank Suzi for some advice on matching items up and to say that the quality was very good and that I had very much enjoyed wearing the item. Also that if you had any queries, Suzi was very good at answering them.
I agree sometimes t callers concentrate a bit too much on their lives, rather than the product they are phoning about - but you get that with people telling you their life stories at bus stops or on radio phone-ins - but generally find they are reassuring when it comes to quality and, in the case of cooking, cleaning and beauty products, the effectiveness of products.
A lot depends on the presenter speaking to them.

a] Are you kidding?
b] One.

a] Never.

a] Who cares?
b] Yes.

Sublime that was .... SUBLIME

Me and OH have just been in hysterics

Problem is, it's the callers with ailments that folk remember. They are so cringeworthy it puts the majority of listeners off completely. And I hate to say it, is nearly always a female :eek: Like others, I just press the Mute button.

Oh gosh, I've just dashed in from work to find I've been thanked so many times I lost count.

:)

Thank you so much to everyone who's thanked me, and of course, I will name-check you all personally the next time I'm a T caller. :D:D:D

Sublime xxx

Latest posts

Back