TSV's are boring me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvcAddict

Registered Shopper
Okay I'm not kidding with my name on here QVCaddict and I used to be a really big spender with QVC.

I used to get really excited about the TSV's and there were few I could resist. Nowadays I look at the TV guide and see little to interest me. Then I check the TSV (often in the morning and I kid you not I used to regularly check at the launch) and I feel thoroughly disappointed mostly.

In some ways I am grateful for my lack of spending but do miss it a bit too and would like the odd exciting parcel.

There are loads of websites out there just begging you to spend with them! Get those fingers clicking and look forward to the postman again! :1:

Lol Petpixie yes I know and to be honest with how quick the competition is to get items to me I find that the QVC offer has to be even better than in the past to persuade me to await their delivery schedule.

Perhaps just time to move on because QVC have not but it's a hard habit to let go of. Maybe I need QVC bereavement counselling!

I am however in love with Amazon's service :)

I know what you mean qvcAddict, the TSV's are really boring. Every week there is a 'High Tech Toys & Electronics' TSV - how many cameras/video recorders can a person have? and as for bedding.....I think from previous posts on here that we're all bored to death!

Last year QVC actually rented an empty shop close to their outlet shop at Birchwood, Warrington. They stuck a big sign QVC WAREHOUSE CLEARANCE on the front and filled it full of bedding. There were no shelves/display units or anything, just boxes and boxes full of bedding, pillows, feather beds, duvets and the like, all priced at around £10. You could only pay by cash and they filled this empty shop for a couple of weeks, having big deliveries every morning.

If they have to go to such drastic measures to clear excess stock, why are they still selling loads of it now? All I can say is they must make tons of money from the stuff they sell at full price. The outlet shop is always full of it too.

QVC Addict - you need to become a VIP member - for just £6 you can have access to the Drop. Then you will be able to do some REAL spending along with the rest of us. They give you such good links to all the best bargains. Furry Boots, Dents Bags, Yankee Candles, Just Beauty Direct for your make-up etc. etc. I am always skint now but have the old feeling back when the packages arrive that I used to when QVC was 'good'.

I think this is why I don't buy from qvc anymore - there are always better bargains out there, plus you get good feedback on here as to whether something is good or not.

I love amazon too QvcAddict! It's far too easy to spend with it's one click ordering! Most times I go on I get carried away! Think I need counselling too!
Rosey's right, become a vip member on here, then you'll never have to wait more than a couple of days for a parcel!!!!!!!! :1:

The last thing I bought from QVC was the Smashbox TSV some months ago. As someone else has said, the TSV's are becoming repetitive and imho not terribly good value at times. A quick search will usually reveal the same or similar item at a better price somewhere else.

QVC has now become background noise for me, only on when there is nothing else I want to watch. I very seldom now make a point of specifically sitting down and watching a particular hour.

QVC Addict - you need to become a VIP member - for just £6 you can have access to the Drop.

Can you explain this to me more because whilst not a great sum of money I need persuading further because I have never paid to take part in a forum and also host my own forums which are free so alien concept :)

The last thing I bought from QVC was the Smashbox TSV some months ago.

I bought that TSV because I've rarely missed a Smashbox TSV Hated it though and first time I have ever returned Smashbox.

Found the colours wierd and unflattering - pink lipgloss with orange blusher, odd IMHO in a collection and the shadow liner (loved the last one) the colour made me look tired.

Can you explain this to me more because whilst not a great sum of money I need persuading further because I have never paid to take part in a forum and also host my own forums which are free so alien concept :)

Not that I am an expert but if you go to the home page there is information on how to join. You make the one off payment and then you can take part in 'discussions' on every topic under the sun. The members also post the best deals they have seen on everything - and you can end up buying such good bargains and 'save yourself a fortune'. I am sure a more experienced member might be able to help you more...... IMHO it is well worth the small outlay.:r6:

Thanks Rosey - helpful as ever :)

Yes I saw the how to join but just didn't understand what you were getting for it. I'm a moneysavingexpert, etc forum addict too so used to hunting out bargains :D

I agree - there doesn't seem to be anything exciting on the horizon either. The last thing I bought from QVC was the Ojon TSV. Decided to give Smashbox a miss (and I've never done that before!) as the colours didn't appeal, and didn't go for LE as there was too much skin care in it. I really think QVC need to buck their ideas up as the TSVs don't seem to be selling as well - or as quickly as before (I seem to remember Elemis, LE, BE, L'occitane etc selling out before 11pm!). And did someone say that yesterday's got pulled at 1pm? Surely that should be proof that the customer isn't interested any more. They need some fresh lines / products and cheaper prices (inc P&P!!).

I'm another QVC addict who hasn't bought anything for ages. I think the Philosophy TSV in November or even October was the last TSV I bought. Even then I wasn't really impressed with it. I used to look forward to getting the tv guides and looking to see what was comming up but now its the same old same old ,Northern Nights and Hi Tech etc. Big yawn.

Couldn't agree more with this thread. The only things I have bought for some time are last clicks items which have been good value. The TSV's have not interested me at all, too expensive, boring and very repetitive. Although it saves you money I do miss looking forward to what's coming and the excellent value you used to get. I also gave the last Smashbox TSV a miss and haven't watched let alone bought any Philosophy items since Lee was replaced as the guest for this line.

same with me . I bought the Loccitanne TSV but that was my only purchase for many months I used to buy regularily but its all just boaring now. And IMHO the prices have risen considerably

Couldn't agree more with this thread. The only things I have bought for some time are last clicks items which have been good value. The TSV's have not interested me at all, too expensive, boring and very repetitive.

Hear hear!

(I've got some great jewellery bargains from Last Clicks)

same with me . I bought the Loccitanne TSV but that was my only purchase for many months I used to buy regularily but its all just boaring now. And IMHO the prices have risen considerably

You're right, the prices have gone up. A ring I bought last year for £75 (real price, no offers)i t is now £109, and Markon boots at £38 are now nearly £50. I would have thought that with the (small) VAT rebate it would have lowered the prices, if only a little. They are still banging on about the 30 day money back deal as well, when we know that one return to many results in the dreaded letter!
RG

Typical, I actually quite like the sat nav today!

Really like that it has bluetooth and would have bought it had I not bough one about six weeks ago grrrr.....

Yes I thought it looked good with the bluetooth in. But again we only bought one a short while ago so aren't looking for another just yet. Would get one with this in when we do 'upgrade'.

Latest posts

Back