DuWop Cosmetics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
Have any of you tried this range. I was looking at the Lip venom trio as it looked good on air but when I looked at the reviews it has got the worst reviews I have ever seen on qvc. Average 1.4 out of 5????:bigkiss:

Have any of you tried this range. I was looking at the Lip venom trio as it looked good on air but when I looked at the reviews it has got the worst reviews I have ever seen on qvc. Average 1.4 out of 5????:bigkiss:

I tried the original Lip Venom when it came out. It was okay (not bad / not good) but I can't say I noticed my lips looking bigger / plumper, although they did go very red, so if you have a very sensitive mouth, it's probably not for you. I liked the flavour .... but not enough to repurchase. You might be better with BE Buxom ... or another plumping gloss.

I bought the Lip Venom a few years back when I got married. It made my lips tingle quite a bit - almost sting in fact. It seemed to make them appear slightly fuller and very red, but the effect didn't last long. I guess it just has something it in which stimulates the blood flow in that area. Don't think I would buy it again.

I bought the lip venom the last time it was on. I've used it once and it didn't do 'what it said on the box.' If I'd read the reviews before I bought it, I'd not have bothered.

The ingredients in the Lip Venom are such as to make a dermatologist (and Paula Begoun) shudder :11: For use on the thinnest skin we've got?!

I cannot imagine what possesses AY to promote the stuff - or can I? :53:

And the guest presenter :11: I couldn't stay watching, she was sure to levitate with ultra-sincere ecstasy afore long.

clemenzina

It works by irritating the skin on the lips. Infact you can make your own verison with an oridinary cheap lipgloss, by adding oil of cloves or some other spicy oil.

SpaceNK used to sell the range but it always looked boring and nothing special from any other brand around.

I did the same thing as you Rosey and was staggered by the reviews. The way AY goes on about it you'd think it was a miracle product and the best thing since sliced bread. Selling snake oil again? Well, almost!!!! Venom is near enough wouldn't you say?!!

I`ve stopped listening to any presenter recomend anything as they all use everything and couldn`t live without it, that says everything!

Thats the good thing about the reviews (and the advice on here) - before that I would have just bought and then realised it was a load of rubbish when I got it home. Maybe this is why I don't buy as much these days?????

I thought it was quite good - but I would warn anyone thinking of doing it, to make sure they have applied all their other makeup first. I speak from personal experience when I say that you should not risk wiping over any other part of your face (say on your cheek by accidentally swiping it with a bare escentuals brush or similar!). Red blotches, anyone?
That will not be a mistake I will be repeating.

No, I haven't tried this range. But a product that aims at plumping lips by irritating them sounds pretty bad to me! My advice: get educated about ingredients, read labels and buy accordingly.

Oh, and for getting the look of plumper lips, well I think the best way would be optical illusion (as opposed to irritation and swelling!). If you have thinnish lips, try the age-old beauty advise of avoiding lip colours that are too dark or intensely bright: try a light gently rosy or peachy coloured lip colour and slick some shiny lip gloss over that - a little pearlised effect in either the lip colour or the gloss is nice.

Latest posts

Back