Lime tree pantry - not again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Yet again Harry from Lime Tree Pantry is claiming he is offering a 'traditional Bakewell Tart" - will he never learn -there is no such thing. He points out it is completely different from usual tarts - which is true, but it is also different from the traditiona Bakewell Pudding! Don't be fooled. Plus, no-one calls it Bake-well either!
Sorry, rant over.

Locals will know that to be the case but very often things are used and altered to suit, I can buy a bakewell tart locally in SW Lancashire from the local bakery. Isn`t a tart very different from a pudding anyway, is that why he thinks he can do it? Mr. Kipling has done the same thing I think. Not being a pastry whiz personally I wouldn`t know but I do like to eat them from my local bake shop, never tried Lime Tree I think they are too expensive!

Locals will know that to be the case but very often things are used and altered to suit, I can buy a bakewell tart locally in SW Lancashire from the local bakery. Isn`t a tart very different from a pudding anyway, is that why he thinks he can do it? Mr. Kipling has done the same thing I think. Not being a pastry whiz personally I wouldn`t know but I do like to eat them from my local bake shop, never tried Lime Tree I think they are too expensive!

I have no problem with Harry, or Mr Kipling for that matter calling it a Bakewell Tart, but that is not traditionally from Derbyshire - only the pudding is! I think the tart might even be a Mr Kipling invention based upon the idea, if not the flavour, texture or look of the pudding. In the case of the Bakewell the pudding is more of an open pie than anything.

Anyway I've banged this drum before and now will stop.

I have no problem with Harry, or Mr Kipling for that matter calling it a Bakewell Tart, but that is not traditionally from Derbyshire - only the pudding is! I think the tart might even be a Mr Kipling invention based upon the idea, if not the flavour, texture or look of the pudding. In the case of the Bakewell the pudding is more of an open pie than anything.

Anyway I've banged this drum before and now will stop.

My mum is from Buxton and remembers going to Bakewell when she was young. Do you have a recipe for a traditional Bakewell pudding that you could post? I could make one to surprise Mum. TYIA

Linda :9:

My mum is from Buxton and remembers going to Bakewell when she was young. Do you have a recipe for a traditional Bakewell pudding that you could post? I could make one to surprise Mum. TYIA

Linda :9:

By the way, I once went out with a lad who lived in Buxton!

Latest posts

Back